Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She is a woman of many nick names

But she has a good point.... hand over the first borns, just drop them off by the yellow markers. Those without first borns to the green line please.

Welcome to the crazy kingdom of Samanda

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
    LOL and something else... Don't trust oooober in noooo way...even I know that...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
      IMO the leadership question would be better saved for Comic Con were there will likely be an SG panel that has Brad and Rob on it and they can be asked the question. No matter how well Amanda or Ben answer the leadership question when it gets asked at a con there is going to be a faction of the fan base that will be upset by their response so I would rather see the writers and/or show runners asked these questions. Because the reality is that the actors job is to do the best job they can with the script they are given. Amanda handled it gracefully in Vancouver and I'm sure she will do so again when asked next.

Personally I'm looking forward to the con this weekend.
      Good mornig fellow Samadans!!! Just having a quick look at the posts since last night and wow...I've been missing out on some pretty good discussions here!! DoH! I haven't finished catching up yet but I just needed to respond to this post.
      Well said tsax!! You're absolutely 100% right!

Anyway...back to the posts!!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Wow they really are going all out for season 10! I've just come across the picture of the new outfits SG1 will be wearing this season.
        I'll put it in spoiler tags, but since it is just a pic I don't think its really a spoiler...anyway here it is

Spoiler:
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          i do have to say, if tptb promote mitch OVER sam and make him a full bird colonel YEARS before he's even eligible for it....well then their sexist and discriminatory tendancies will be confirmed for me

IMHO, the only way to honorably and realistically clear up the leadership thing is to promote sam. She's the only one remotely eligible for the honor
          Well maybe that's exactly what's gonna happen...leadership issue resolved!!!
          One can only hope!!
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

there's the 'dealing with the command issue' rumor running around....and there are a limited number of possibilites
            promoting mitch - unfortunately, as unrealisitic as it is, it is the more probable since it'll play into Hewo Mitch
            promoting sam - probably the 'best' and more realistic...but does not fit in wiht the almost anti-sam sentiment that the show sometimes has. it also does not promote the Hewo
            bringing in a new leader. - not likely at all. they won't bring in competitioni for mitch. anyway, we'd have heard about a new cast member
            sam quitting the military - again, i would imagine that we'd have heard about it by now since that's a pretty big spoiler
            Yes but..
            Spoiler:
            lets not forget what Amanda said about fitting into a wedding dress and the fact that RDA is back...maybe Sam and Jack finally get their shippy moment and Sam quits the military but continues to work as a civilian

Don't shoot me..I've just gotten up and I'm still in sleepy mode!!! It's just my opinion on what could be possible anyway!!!
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Wow they really are going all out for season 10! I've just come across the picture of the new outfits SG1 will be wearing this season.
              I'll put it in spoiler tags, but since it is just a pic I don't think its really a spoiler...anyway here it is

Spoiler:

Really gotta love the money aspect of it all, the formal wear.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                For sure Brad and Rob should be asked about the leadership issue and they should know how unhappy many fans are with the direction of S9. It's not just about being an AT fan, it's about being an SG1 fan.
                Thank you!!!
                Are we the only smart people around here or what??? Why don't the PTB listen...there are some really great things being said here...well done everyone!!
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Okay here is my personal view - you have yours and I can have mine - I have seen all the main SG-1 cast at cons minus RDA of course more than once - AT does get tired of the S/J question and I have heard her respond differently at different cons (I think her view on the subject has changed over the years), I was in Vancouver and when asked the leadership question she did deflect it with humor (she never really gave an answer), I saw Ben asked the same thing and he sighed said he just acts what is writen for him and you should ask the writers that question. There are things that Chris and Michael are so tired of they put a stop to last year and said we will not do that or answer that any more. Amanda handles things better than most of the others when questions get uncomfortable for her. You want to ask a question about leadership then please by all means go to a con and ask it is your right. It is also my right to not ask and to not have to be made to feel bad for not asking. I do know that there were plans for a SG panel at Comic Con however with the changes in MGM/Sony structure I have not gotten confirmation on the panel taking place if it does then Brad and Rob will more than likely be on the panel and I would be more than happy to ask then why the decision was made to have Mitchell lead SG-1 instead of Sam. At a con like Shore Leave wanting to show AT support that Sam should be leading in my opinion it would be better to ask a question but start off with saying something like "I think Sam should be leading SG-1 instead of Mitchell ....then ask a question.

Again this is just my opinion and now I'm out of here I have a 4th of July concert to go play. Have fun and play nice tonight.
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                    Unless it was something Ben Browder or his agent insisted on as part of his contract, TPTB were in no way obligated to write Sam out of command to make way for Mitchell. They chose to do so, just as they chose not to allow the character to express any kind of discontent over losing a command that she had worked long and hard for. I cannot see how anyone could think that Sam has been treated fairly.

i very sincerely doubt that. IMHO if any insisting is going on, it's coming from those lovely sexist folks at scifi. The ones that believe in that the white male hewo, cleavage popping vamp and SFX are all that's needed to make a popular show
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                      Yes, I'd also like to hear Amanda weigh in on how she has to take whatever is about to be dished out for Sam and somehow make peace with it (if it goes south). But I'd like to hear her backstory in the back booth of a pub on a ladies' night out! Coley, you can buy the first round of drinks! Astro, second. I'll pick up the rest of the tab!

Oh, and we can't forget to invite Teryl along. I'd love to hear the backstory she used once they handed her the swan-song script for Heroes.

Sorry, I had to run out of my apartment building in my pj's for a false fire alarm and just feeling a bit snarky.

jckfan, how can we get you to at least one Amanda con?!!
                      LOL!!! I would love to be able to join you at the pub and at the cons!!
                      Imagine a girls night out with Amanda and Teryl..what a blast!!!
                      Sorry...I'm just trying to visualise you running outside in your jammies...LOL!!!
                      For me to get to an Amanda con I would have to travel overseas and that would cost a small fortune...not gonna happen for me I'm afraid. *sobs*
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

i very sincerely doubt that. IMHO if any insisting is going on, it's coming from those lovely sexist folks at scifi. The ones that believe in that the white male hewo, cleavage popping vamp and SFX are all that's needed to make a popular show
                        I wonder what they thought the show was for the first 8 years, seeing as how it brought SciFi the high ratings
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Welcome to Samanda! I've not met you before. I'm ÜberSG-1Fan....but call me Mary Beth (my real name), MB (personal nickname), Über (but DON'T use the U without the umlaut...it looks nekkid and lonesome all by itself), Oooober, Oooobs or "hey you." I respond to them all.
                          I am the Royal Pain in the Mik'ta in our fair kingdom...and should you stick around...which I hope you do, you'll figure out why.
                          Very nice welcome...MB!! I never knew that about you and I've been here since April!! Well you learn something new everyday!!
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                            I wonder what they thought the show was for the first 8 years, seeing as how it brought SciFi the high ratings
                            i'm sure they think that, if they just 'fix' it, it'll get stellar ratings

and they lack the knowledge/acceptance to admit that scifi ruins pretty much everything they get thier hands on.

they 'fix' it so well that the ratings fall and it dies...and then they blame anyone and everything else to avoid the fact that, if they'd just leave the shows alone and let the creators keep doing what they do best, create

sigpic

Comment

Despite the fact that Sci Fi is the company responsible for such classics as the recently re-aired "Mansquito" --they didn't ruin the show right away. I wonder if the money guys at the network changed or got more involved as time went on. Without RDA & Greenburg's company in there & RDA's creative clout in s9, perhaps they ran amok.

I really think RDA was about making the show the best it could be. I loved an early interview w/him on one of the DVD extras where he said something to the effect of "we should give the audience more credit" and he didn't believe in aiming it to the "lowest common denominator."

On a positive note, we still have AT's great work from seasons past and I have no doubt she will bring us some great moments in S10.

Comment

i soooooo agree with you about rda. He always seemed to keep his eye on the ball, keep the general goal in sight, producing a quality show and, yes, don't underestimate the fans and treat them like dumb children.

RDA is a very intelligent man and he wanted to make an intelligent show. which he did until the day he left.

Amanda is also a very intelligent woman who seems to share RDA's tastes. Which i think is one reason that Sam has become such a great character. She seems to play sam with her mind on the end product. What matters is how Sam is seen over all, not just week to week

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X