• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy 4th of July
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato
      If Mitchell is promoted for saving Sam's life; then Sam should have been promoted to General a long time ago when you considered the lives she has saved.
      i do have to say, if tptb promote mitch OVER sam and make him a full bird colonel YEARS before he's even eligible for it....well then their sexist and discriminatory tendancies will be confirmed for me

IMHO, the only way to honorably and realistically clear up the leadership thing is to promote sam. She's the only one remotely eligible for the honor
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        i do have to say, if tptb promote mitch OVER sam and make him a full bird colonel YEARS before he's even eligible for it....well then their sexist and discriminatory tendancies will be confirmed for me
        They will also have proven that they can't count. Ben Browder may be old enough to be a full colonel but Mitchell certainly isn't.

IMHO, the only way to honorably and realistically clear up the leadership thing is to promote sam. She's the only one remotely eligible for the honor
        I agree. Thank goodness for fanfic. At least I can count on finding (and creating) solutions to the leadership problem there.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Is this from the extrapolation of some kind of spoiler information? Or are we just trading conjecture?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
            I'm not male and I don't worship Mitchell and Vala.

I think I'm disqualified.
            *sighs*

True. So true. Maybe you can write the new sequel, starring Sam Carter in command.
            sigpic

Comment

trading conjecture

there's the 'dealing with the command issue' rumor running around....and there are a limited number of possibilites

promoting mitch - unfortunately, as unrealisitic as it is, it is the more probable since it'll play into Hewo Mitch

promoting sam - probably the 'best' and more realistic...but does not fit in wiht the almost anti-sam sentiment that the show sometimes has. it also does not promote the Hewo

bringing in a new leader. - not likely at all. they won't bring in competitioni for mitch. anyway, we'd have heard about a new cast member

sam quitting the military - again, i would imagine that we'd have heard about it by now since that's a pretty big spoiler

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Clark'sGirl
                OK he was the lead pilot, but it doesn't seem that he would have any of the other qualifications which if anyone else was applying to the SGC would need to have. After all the training the cadets (Proving Ground) went through he should of at the least had training or TPTB should at least reference that he had training before turning up at Cheyenne Mountain.

They've made a big deal of him reading all the files but surely that doesn't make him capable?

So basically why do they have a leader who is inexperienced and definitely inept at times leading when Sam who has 8 years previous experience is just the 'scientist'.

It just doesn't make sense
                You would think that he would have at least been required to go through the training program. But no, he wants to be on SG-1 and go throught the gate, so he does. After all, he's the hero.
                sigpic

Comment

Exactly... Hope it will not be true than...
                  And that they are sexist... don't we already know that? I mean after seeing season 9... that was the perfect examply of how you write a perfect balanced woman (that sam is) into a woman that only is good for one thing and that is the science.
                  But I think the TPTB have learned their lesson...I live in hope.

Comment

true, we can hope that they have learned...or at least gotten a clue

you know, not to get too much into personal stuff, but i feel sorry for the writers' wives...do these gentlemen REALLY think so lowly of females???? or is it something unconscious that they just do without realizing what it looks like to all and sundry.

If it's something that they're consciously and deliberately doing...man do i feel sorry for them. and i feel sorrier for thier wives.

sigpic

Comment

Amanda's in first place, but she needs lots of votes to secure her lead.

http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        Ooh, good question! I also wonder was it hard or fun or what to play "evil" against MS in Reckoning.
                        oh i wish replicarter was still around.

she was so great and chillily evil

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                          Amanda's in first place, but she needs lots of votes to secure her lead.

http://www.celeeb.com/amanda-tapping/
                          You beat me to it. Amanda needs our help. I have been votingf for both Amanda and RDA.
                          I did take a short break to watch the shuttle lift off. The pictures just get better and better. It was a perfect textbook launch.

Joanne

Comment

true, we can hope that they have learned...or at least gotten a clue

you know, not to get too much into personal stuff, but i feel sorry for the writers' wives...do these gentlemen REALLY think so lowly of females???? or is it something unconscious that they just do without realizing what it looks like to all and sundry.

If it's something that they're consciously and deliberately doing...man do i feel sorry for them. and i feel sorrier for thier wives.
                            Well I think they just don't think about it... It's all in their heads... I mean they don't do it deliberately. I think it is just the way they are. And IMO they are not the only ones. there are a lot of men who still have problems with woman on the top, or smart women,...
                            It is more something that is normal to them cause the society is that way to IMO.
                            If you look to every company... mostly all of them are man on top. Ok there are some exeptions but... not much.
                            And as long as that doesn't change... the society will think it is normal that man take the lead, cause to their oppinion man are better leaders. and IMO that isn't always the case. there are some great woman who also can be some great leaders.

Comment

Sadly I don't think there is a cat in hells chance Sam will be in command. The fight was lost in season 8 when they failed to potray her fully and clearly in command of the team. The decision had already been made there.

The fact is that SG1 being set in the present time dealing with characters which are believable, has teased out the real sexism in the industry and probably in the Sates and beyond. Not only do we get the "All American Hero" which is sterotypically a handsome male, but Sam's established smartness and value to the team has to be lessened and also offset by a scanitly dressed sex tease. Just so all us women out here fully understand that we could never fulfill a command role in anything so serious - and that we also recognise exactly what men want us to be. There for their pleasure

What can you do but shake you head and feel sorry for how pathectic TPTB are!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 61
                                You beat me to it. Amanda needs our help. I have been votingf for both Amanda and RDA.
                                I did take a short break to watch the shuttle lift off. The pictures just get better and better. It was a perfect textbook launch.

Joanne
                                I was splitting my efforts at one point, but when Amanda's lead began to slip I went back to voting for her full time.

Comment

Working...
                                X