Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Oooh I'm a baby now! *blushes*

    My perfect Sam formula is something like this:

    58% Military Sam ... This encompasses leadership, fighting, blowing things up, piloting things, shooting things.

    25% Scientist Sam ... This encompasses all things MacGyver/geeking it up/solving problems.

    8% Funny/Snarky Sam ... this encompasses any opportunity for her personality to sparkle. Let the snark roll baby!

    8% Friendshippy Sam ... her compassionate side. Love for her friends and extended family.

    1% Personal Sam ... Oooooey goooey shippy goodness baby. Oh Jack? Studmuffin? Where art thou?

    Ooooh Jack's a studmuffin I can just hear it now...
    Sam: Ah General Studmuffin you're needed in the supply closet
    sigpic

    my fanfic

    Comment


      Originally posted by ChevronSeven
      I would go with the following:

      45% Military Sam
      30% Scientist Sam
      10% Friend Sam
      10% Snarky Sam
      5% Personal Sam (Oh, Jack....)
      That's good. Still in balance where there are personal elements to her character being shown (25%) without it turning into the Samantha Carter Soap Opera since 75% is given to her professional expertise.


      ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

      Comment


        Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Here is my Top 10 non-ship-related requirements for Sam in Season 10. 10 for 10 donchaknow:

        1. Sam MUST blow something up. And because we've had such a drought of Sam/Kaboom, it better be BIG.

        2. Sam MUST get into a hand-to-hand sequence of some sort and beat the crap outta someone/something. Or better yet, SEVERAL someones/somethings.

        3. Sam MUST MacGyver some sort of alien technology.

        4. Sam MUST experience a big, bad owie of some kind. Bleeding preferred.

        5. Sam MUST get into a snarkfest with Vala. Period. She snarked with McKay...could have shot Jack down countless times but didn't because she's too dang respectful of rules and ranks...and I want to see her and Vala really irritate the crap out of each other. Not all the time of course. I want them to be friends. Good friends. GREAT friends. Opposites attract, and all that. But the funny thing about opposites is that they have THE best fights.

        6. Sam MUST fly something. After that tease in Covenant, I'm craving more.

        7. Sam MUST lead a rescue mission of some sort like she did in Icon and Stronghold. Way cool. But this time, if one of her team goes out on his own and does his hero!man thing, she'd better whump him a bit...either verbally or physically. Or BOTH.

        8. Sam MUST put some whingy diplomat in his/her place like she did to the French guy and to Woolsey. Like she has time to coddle a bunch of politicians because they want her to make them feel better. SHyeah.

        9. Sam MUST figure out some way to bring Fraiser back to our reality. Period. Some Fraiser...somehow. I don't care. If Daniel can get all glowy when he dies and returns like nothing happened, so can she.

        10. Sam MUST increase her body count from last year. It was just pathetic. You have a P-90 strapped to your chest, sweetheart, and it's not there to support your bust.

        YEEEESSS!!





        sally
        sally

        sigpic

        Comment


          Originally posted by scarimor
          oober, that was just effin brilliant
          Agreed.


          Ooh, percentages! Me gusta! Though I think I might need a bit more Friendship/Snarky Sam, and I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of Personal and Science Sam. Just a little.
          Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 03 July 2006, 03:07 PM.

          Comment


            Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            Agreed.
            Originally posted by scarimor
            oober, that was just effin brilliant
            Well, see scari and spazo...brilliant people write brilliant things.

            We just can't help ourselves.

            *ducks for cover from impending flying tomatoes*

            ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

            Comment


              Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              Agreed.


              Ooh, percentages! Me gusta! Though I think I might need a bit more Friendship/Snarky Sam, and I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of Personal and Science Sam. Just a little.
              You want LESS than 1% Personal? Geez...that's mean. The girl deserves a little somethin' somethin' for all the butt she's kickin' for cryin' out loud.

              ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

              Comment


                Originally posted by ChopinGal
                2) I like to think that Ooober made a terrific "theme video" with her "That Girl", er, "This Girl" ... the one she gave to Amanda at GABIT. I love the way Ooober integrated all the many roles that AT had played besides Stargate. Terrific job. I don't get your Sam as an alcoholic suggestion though ... am I missing something? When has she looked drunk in any of the episodes?
                that's because i explained it *so* poorly!

                hunts for brain. doesn't find it. gives up

                what i meant was...

                say a person wanted to do a theme of sam being an alcoholic. would a person be able to convey sam being one with just the images from the 9 years of sam on sg1? like a scene in an ep where sam falls down could be used to show sam falling down drunk. am i making sense?

                if this could be done, just think of the numberous stories we could tell with vids...





                sally
                sally

                sigpic

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Here is my Top 10 non-ship-related requirements for Sam in Season 10. 10 for 10 donchaknow:

                  1. Sam MUST blow something up. And because we've had such a drought of Sam/Kaboom, it better be BIG.

                  2. Sam MUST get into a hand-to-hand sequence of some sort and beat the crap outta someone/something. Or better yet, SEVERAL someones/somethings.

                  3. Sam MUST MacGyver some sort of alien technology.

                  4. Sam MUST experience a big, bad owie of some kind. Bleeding preferred.

                  5. Sam MUST get into a snarkfest with Vala. Period. She snarked with McKay...could have shot Jack down countless times but didn't because she's too dang respectful of rules and ranks...and I want to see her and Vala really irritate the crap out of each other. Not all the time of course. I want them to be friends. Good friends. GREAT friends. Opposites attract, and all that. But the funny thing about opposites is that they have THE best fights.

                  6. Sam MUST fly something. After that tease in Covenant, I'm craving more.

                  7. Sam MUST lead a rescue mission of some sort like she did in Icon and Stronghold. Way cool. But this time, if one of her team goes out on his own and does his hero!man thing, she'd better whump him a bit...either verbally or physically. Or BOTH.

                  8. Sam MUST put some whingy diplomat in his/her place like she did to the French guy and to Woolsey. Like she has time to coddle a bunch of politicians because they want her to make them feel better. SHyeah.

                  9. Sam MUST figure out some way to bring Fraiser back to our reality. Period. Some Fraiser...somehow. I don't care. If Daniel can get all glowy when he dies and returns like nothing happened, so can she.

                  10. Sam MUST increase her body count from last year. It was just pathetic. You have a P-90 strapped to your chest, sweetheart, and it's not there to support your bust.

                  I want you to be the new Head PTB for Stargate.

                  For point 7, though, when (sadly, it doesn't seem to be a question of "if") Mitchell runs headlong into a dangerous situation like a fool rather than yelling at him or punching him - we don't want Sam getting into trouble with Landry for being nasty to poor, dear Mitchell, do we? - I suggest that Sam kindly, gently and very reasonably point out how stupid that was, how she needs to be able to count on him to keep his head if she's going to go into combat with him, using just enough of a guilt trip so that Mitchell actually thinks about his actions and the consequences for them and develops a tiny shred of common sense. Or resigns.

                  Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by majorsal
                    that's because i explained it *so* poorly!

                    hunts for brain. doesn't find it. gives up

                    what i meant was...

                    say a person wanted to do a theme of sam being an alcoholic. would a person be able to convey sam being one with just the images from the 9 years of sam on sg1? like a scene in an ep where sam falls down could be used to show sam falling down drunk. am i making sense?

                    if this could be done, just think of the numberous stories we could tell with vids...





                    sally
                    I think it can, Sallly. If you use the right music, you could definitely manage it. There are shots like in Lost City when she's drinking beer, for example.
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                      I would go with the following:

                      45% Military Sam
                      30% Scientist Sam
                      10% Friend Sam
                      10% Snarky Sam
                      5% Personal Sam (Oh, Jack....)
                      I like this balance.

                      It certainly beats

                      1% Military Sam*
                      4% Scientist Sam*
                      3% Friend Sam*
                      1% Snarky Sam*
                      1% Personal Sam*
                      90% Wallpaper Sam



                      *Note: I may be overestimating the percentages for Military Sam, Scientist Sam, Friend Sam, Snarky Sam and Personal Sam in Season Nine.

                      Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        You want LESS than 1% Personal? Geez...that's mean. The girl deserves a little somethin' somethin' for all the butt she's kickin' for cryin' out loud.
                        Hey! O, Brilliant One! I was talking about ChevronSeven's percentages!

                        I didn't know you'd posted them as well. Probably should've used quotes.


                        And yes, for all of the butt she's kicked, Carter deserves a fraction for other purposes. Like squeezing.

                        ETA My Percentages:

                        50% Military Sam

                        25% Science Sam

                        15% Friendship Sam

                        8.75% Snarky/Funny Sam

                        1.25% Personal Sam
                        Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 03 July 2006, 03:35 PM.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                          I would go with the following:

                          45% Military Sam
                          30% Scientist Sam
                          10% Friend Sam
                          10% Snarky Sam
                          5% Personal Sam (Oh, Jack....)
                          mine?

                          45% military
                          30% scientist
                          15% personal (jack, cassie, friendships)
                          10% snarky




                          sally
                          sally

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            Oh I forgot to mention another thing I'd love to be explored a bit more. Her relationship with Landry.

                            I mean, she loved Hammond. She trusted and respected him. Then with O'Neill (ship stuff aside), she knew how he worked and trusted him implicitly.

                            But what about Landry? She's sure to know that he's friends with Jack but that doesn't necessarily mean that she really likes him. So far, she's treated him like any generic superior officer. Like she treated Bauer before she realized he was a creep or Elizabeth before she saw her stand up to Kinsey.

                            In other words, there is no specific special dynamic between her and Landry right now. I'd like there to be one.

                            Maybe she's secretly irked about the command structure for the team. Maybe he does something she thinks is too politically motivated. Maybe she does something he doesn't approve of and smacks her down or something.

                            What I'm saying, is that we've seen her work in scenarios where she had it all good. A great CO and a great SGC commander. What if now she's forced into a situation where things AREN'T so great? While she had that temporarily with Bauer, it'd be cool if it weren't so temporary.

                            This would be ESPECIALLY cool since he's Jack's friend. It'd be cool to see her in a situation where she was at odds with Landry...where we have to watch her bite her tongue to swallow that snarky comeback that's DYING to come out.

                            ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              Well, see scari and spazo...brilliant people write brilliant things.

                              We just can't help ourselves.

                              *ducks for cover from impending flying tomatoes*

                              Indeed, your list for Sam is brilliant! I think we should check off the list any of these that really do happen in season 10. Maybe we'll get lucky and we may see some of them in season 10, I hope.

                              Comment


                                Ok if we are going to say the %... here are mine:

                                50% Military Sam
                                20% Scientist Sam
                                10% Personal Sam
                                10% Shipping between her and jack
                                10% Snarky Sam

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X