Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a reminder to vote, if you haven't

Season 1 Episodes with the best AT acting scenes (scroll up to get the poll)

The poll will close automatically on Friday (and then I'll start one for Season 2).

So far, it's

56 Singularity
    53 Solitudes
    28 Fire and Water
    27 Hathor
    18 There But For The Grace Of God
    11 The First Commandment
    9 Broca Divide

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
      Or more generally, what kind of qualities does AT think Sam would want in a husband? I think she is a pretty strong person, so she wouldn't want someone she could push around. Also she has her vulnerablilities and would want a guy who can be "the strong one" sometimes. God, listen to me! I sound like a shipper!

On another point. I've been watching commentaries and behind the scenes stuff and AT usually has some funny, goofy moments in the features. We know she has a great sense of humor--people always comment on that in interviews. And those who get to see her at conventions. (not me ) But do you think that she feels pressure to be funny on these things? Like does she feel she has to be "on" all the time? Or do you think she's just naturally so goofy that it just comes out? I mean I like serious Amanda as much as funny Amanda.
      I think comedy is something that comes very naturally to Amanda and she would like to do more of that. Her natural voice is much higher than what you hear with Carter and I have heard her say that is on purpose. She does enjoy when they let Carter have those funny moments. On stage she can be very serious one moment and funny the next. I would love to see Amanda do one of the Cabaret at a Creation Con and have it be a stand up comedy act. I'm sure she would be outragegous.
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Drive by bump!
        Last edited by minigeek; 21 June 2006, 03:48 PM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
          I think comedy is something that comes very naturally to Amanda and she would like to do more of that. Her natural voice is much higher than what you hear with Carter and I have heard her say that is on purpose. She does enjoy when they let Carter have those funny moments. On stage she can be very serious one moment and funny the next. I would love to see Amanda do one of the Cabaret at a Creation Con and have it be a stand up comedy act. I'm sure she would be outragegous.
          She's very funny. At the Gatecon Auction in 2002, she was in her element. I haven't laughed that hard in ages.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            well, then i will take perferse pleasure in other folks' disappointments, because i don't think they will balance things out. whomever is calling the shots things/feels that cam and vala are the new stars and the only ones deserving of any storyline, any plot, any lines.

the others - with the exception of daniel's one storyline - have been relegated to convenient exposition to pump up the new and shiny stars.

IMHO, s10 will be all vala, all cam all the time and the blonde and black guy???? eh, they're just there because it'd be too much bad pr to get rid of them. although, when cam and vala triumphantly move onto thier third incarnation i'm sure sam and teal'c will be conveniently forgotten and left behind. since, we know that the writers have a hard time writing that pesky jaffaness and apparantly, unless a woman is a wise cracking 'hooker with a heart of gold' charicture, a mommy figure or a 'sexy alien' they just can't handle writing her...so why stress over those difficulties, they'll just write them out and stick wiht the easy

the sticky part??? easy = forgettable and these writers are 'easying' themselves out of an audience

Uh, I'm not holding my breath that we'll get what we want. I'm not THAT guilable.

As for me enjoying S10...I'm reserving judgement until it starts airing. Since I avoid most spoilers (some fans have no concept of keeping spoilers in spoiler tags...so on one or two things I've been spoiled against my will...I'm trying to forget them...so please don't ask me what it was. ) like the plague...I don't know much of what's going to possibly happen until the season premeire airs in a few short weeks.

btw - anyone loving the Sam SciLie ad for SG1?! I am sooooo loving it!
            sigpic
            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              i read a fic once (and AU one) where sam was an assassin.
              Originally posted by scarimor
              *THUD*

Can you remember where?
              OOH OOH OOH!! was it the one where ba'al had brainwashed her into being his personal assassin? where is it? where is it? i think it was a WIP when i was reading it, then i lost the internet for about 5 months and i never found it again. so... where is it? where is it?

Comment

Hey, this is kinda OT, but I was wondering if anyone has seen deepspace around? I haven't seen her here in a long time!

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                  Ever get the feeling that you're re-watching BtVS s7 and next year going to be Angel s5?

I'm hoping that maybe TPTB listened to the uproar from last year. But like you said time will tell.
                  aaww. am i the only one who actually liked buffy s7?

angel season 5? no no. that show ended in season 4. the did do one episode where angel turned into a puppet after the show ended in season 4, but that was all. just that one episode.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                    aaww. am i the only one who actually liked buffy s7?
                    *puts up hand* No, I liked it!

angel season 5? no no. that show ended in season 4. the did do one episode where angel turned into a puppet after the show ended in season 4, but that was all. just that one episode.
                    That episode FREAKED ME OUT!

Now furkryin out loud, where is this damn Sam-assassin fic?!!!!
                    scarimor

Comment

*puts up hand* No, I liked it!

Comment

*THUD*

Can you remember where?
                        no. i think. it 'might' have been a list i'm a member of called 'sgcdarkfic'. i just posted on that list and asked them if they remember a fic like this. if/when i get a response, i'll let you know.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Oh well done RepliCarterje Now, someone must caption this:

sam: 'i am NOT wearing that, vala!'

after vala's response

'i don't care if it accentuates my assets!'

a pause, then leans in to whisper to vala

'but can i borrow it for my hot date this weekend?'

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                            Or more generally, what kind of qualities does AT think Sam would want in a husband? I think she is a pretty strong person, so she wouldn't want someone she could push around. Also she has her vulnerablilities and would want a guy who can be "the strong one" sometimes. God, listen to me! I sound like a shipper!

On another point. I've been watching commentaries and behind the scenes stuff and AT usually has some funny, goofy moments in the features. We know she has a great sense of humor--people always comment on that in interviews. And those who get to see her at conventions. (not me ) But do you think that she feels pressure to be funny on these things? Like does she feel she has to be "on" all the time? Or do you think she's just naturally so goofy that it just comes out? I mean I like serious Amanda as much as funny Amanda.
                            Haha, you've been pulled over to the dark side
                            I'm not sure if I'm right with this, but Amanda's sense of humour is a good example of what I would call "Canadian humour"
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                              Amanda's sense of humour is a good example of what I would call "Canadian humour"
                              Yeah, Mandy, I agree, it's funny you mention that because I think so, too. She's a lot like a *lot* of folks I know, and I think there is some "Canadian culture" in that. We're a pretty sarcastic, makin' fun of ourselves lot, most of the time. With our own brand of underlying humility. Not that sarcasm isn't universal, but the goofy flavor of it is particularily Canadian in this case.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

amanda's going to be at 'shore leave', right? could someone ask her if she knows of a way of seeing her short movie 'stuck'? i really, REALLY want to see this!

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X