Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    I shall do no such thing.

EDIT: Dude, you are not at the age where you need utter lies like this yet. Sheesh. I'll do it again in ten years, but not a moment sooner.
    Well in 10 years, when I'm 43, you can feel free to celebrate my 29th.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
      I'd say that's a lot of pressure for Sam to live with. When disaster strikes, there is an assumption that she will come up with solution, save the day, walk on water. If a time ever came when she couldn't think up a solution or when her plan failed, I could see it hitting her very hard.

I would say that the problem solver role that she has earned weighs heavily on her at times and I think that it was a contributing factor to her stress in "Paradise Lost".
      True. I liked in the episode w/ Hailey where she arrives and Jack wants a weapon against the light bugs and she's like "I just got here!" But of course she thinks of something.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
        Here it is!!!
        Beyond the Gate: Amanda Tapping!

It's in 3 parts and no top notch quality.
        But... I am uploading it on spread-it so you'll have a better quality and will be able to keep it on your computer if you want to.

Anway here are the things:
        * Part 1
        * Part 2
        * Part 3

Oh and...
        Happy Birthday Oooobs!!!
        Thanks for posting these links. I think there were some things not in the version I've got. I loved MS' comment about AT's directing.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
          quick drive-by...

Narim and Teal'c prepare to fight for Sam

or is that Sam and Narim getting ready to fight over Teal'c?

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
            Caption this:

Sam: Ok, who the frell showed Jack how to change the wall paper on my desktop? I do NOT find Homer Simpson attractive AT ALL!
            sigpic
            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              yeah, you know, if they can keep interaction like this, i think i can deal with vala in s10. fun but not really OTT. a little risque but not 'naughty' or 'dirty'

and it would be fun if vala would allow sam to loosen up a bit and share a bit of her wicked sense of humor
              *nearly faints and stares at sky

Ok, who are you and what have you done with our sky?!
              sigpic

Comment

*drive by of sorts

Just wanted to say thanks to those who greened me after I left a nice pressie for OooooOOooober yesterday. It's nice to know that some here miss me. I'm sure once S10 starts, I'll be back more often.
                sigpic

Comment

sam thinking -

'ugh. three slices of pizza. chocolate cake. cotton candy. beef jerky. peanut butter and jelly sandwich with potato chips on it. grapefruit jello. texas spiced chili... and now i'm starting my period. i'm going to die, and i'm going to take teal'c with me, for suggesting we introduce vala to human food.'

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Indeed

Originally posted by scarimor
                    Vala.

sigpic

Comment

With a slightly here to unseen darker version of Vala. How do we know her inappropriate humour isn't a cover for her restraining her killing instincts?

Originally posted by minigeek
                      Actually, believe it or not I think Vala's not edgy enough (I know, I know). She's great for Daniel, because Daniel is even lower key than Sam is, but Sam's character has always had a bit of an edge herself and I think we need someone even more initially dangerous to offset it. "I might kill you at any moment and they'd never know the reason why..."

(I guess that's also me injecting my preference for a slightly darker Sam, too)
                      sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s8 below

Originally posted by minigeek
                        YES. Archetypically speaking ... she would work. All though she'd have to have a hero's heart at her core... be redeemable, as it were.
                        that's why i think it would have been neat if they'd had oma ascend replicarter (when she did daniel), and then deascend her, but as a human. how messed up would this repsam be?

i'd have her keep her replicarter memories, but have sam's as well. but replicarter was messed up (and do we know if fifth actually tortured her with those kill-all-her-friends scenarios?), so the descended repsam would be... edgy, quick to temper, wanting to be/do good (but not giving a crap most of the time), but having to fight the evil memories *and* sam's own good nature all at the same time. i'd imagine this sam would feel schizophrenic.

what missed opportunities not using replicarter.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          spoilers for s8 below

that's why i think it would have been neat if they'd had oma ascend replicarter (when she did daniel), and then deascend her, but as a human. how messed up would this repsam be?

i'd have her keep her replicarter memories, but have sam's as well. but replicarter was messed up (and do we know if fifth actually tortured her with those kill-all-her-friends scenarios?), so the descended repsam would be... edgy, quick to temper, wanting to be/do good (but not giving a crap most of the time), but having to fight the evil memories *and* sam's own good nature all at the same time. i'd imagine this sam would feel schizophrenic.

what missed opportunities not using replicarter.

sally
                          Holy crap! Where's the fic, woman?!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

this is one of my fave amanda/sam promo pics. it's different and stylish.

but i also think this is the perfect picture of repsam. half in the light, half in the dark.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                              *nearly faints and stares at sky

Ok, who are you and what have you done with our sky?!
                              i'm acknowledging that, as far as tptb are concerned, vala is the new star of the show and that, more than likely, sam will be further pushed to the side to facilitate the 'new and fun' characters

so, if the only way i can get sam is to get sam and vala, i'll take sam and vala, because it's better than nothing
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                i'm acknowledging that, as far as tptb are concerned, vala is the new star of the show and that, more than likely, sam will be further pushed to the side to facilitate the 'new and fun' characters

so, if the only way i can get sam is to get sam and vala, i'll take sam and vala, because it's better than nothing
                                that sounds like some of the daniel fans i've read. if it gets sams some screen time... the writers have gotten so bored and lazy

i'm not saying this is a *bad* thing, just that it makes it sound like we really don't care about vala being in the sam-vala equation, just that *sam's* in it. we -fans of sam- never used to be like this. grumbles about writers again

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X