Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55
    Sam is probably a bit smarter, but she's also got great instincts. And she's someone you wouldn't mind working with. She leads by example.
    I say life's too short to be stuck working with Rodney.
    Well, life would become too short after working with Rondey for a while, you'd either kill him or die yourself

Truth be told, I think they're probably each just as smart as the other...but Sam gets the edge a little bit...only because whenever they've worked together, he was wrong and she was right.
    And it's Rodney's ego, rather than Sam herself, that woudln't let him forget that. Poor creature. No wonder he's so unconfident.

Oooh, happy birthday!
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar

And a more vertical one. Couldn't decide between the letter placement on this one....
      or this one...
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...Tminiwall2.jpg

*laughs* And to think I only got into Photoshop today just to work on a GateWorld badge for Shore Leave... (Which ended up being this:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...dID311x200.jpg)
      Those are great. Thanks for sharing.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        I don't agree with that either Atlantis has proved that McKay is able to handle himself quite well (The Storm/The Eye and The Seige 1,2 and 3 are good examples). He responds differently under pressure of course, he tends to get much more arrogant for example, but he still holds up to it.
        Yes, McKay can handle himself in that he gets the job done, but in the process we're subjected to fits of hysteria that build to unmitigated proportions. Sam on the other hand, works through it calmly and rationally, rarely losing her cool. So I still assert that Sam is "grace under pressure" while Rodney is not.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
          Yes, McKay can handle himself in that he gets the job done, but in the process we're subjected to fits of hysteria that build to unmitigated proportions. Sam on the other hand, works through it calmly and rationally, rarely losing her cool. So I still assert that Sam is "grace under pressure" while Rodney is not.
          no, he's not.

and ranting rodney...as cute as he is, gets old after about 2.3 minutes
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Oooooooooooooooooober
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday OOOOOOber!!!!!!!

My LJ

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ÜberSG-1Fan

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                  Rodney MacKay is "snot under pressure". He gets very snotty and sarcastic. I find MacKay an interesting and entertaining character except for those scenes, which become predictable all too quickly.

In contrast, Sam's occasional bursts of impatience/frustration - e.g. in Arthurs Mantle - "Notice it! NOTICE IT!" - are refreshing.
                  scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    Happy Birthday Oooooooooooooooooober

Ditto, Oooooober. I hope you have a great birthday today!!!

Comment

-
                      Last edited by minigeek; 19 June 2006, 05:20 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

NC

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                          Rodney MacKay is "snot under pressure". He gets very snotty and sarcastic. I find MacKay an interesting and entertaining character except for those scenes, which become predictable all too quickly.

In contrast, Sam's occasional bursts of impatience/frustration - e.g. in Arthurs Mantle - "Notice it! NOTICE IT!" - are refreshing.

I just think it'd be cool for Sam and McKay to have a full on hair pulling, nail scratching cat fight one day. LOL Now THAT would be drama.

Oh, and just so she doesn't miss it
                          on the bottom of that last page (once again)

HOW old are ya anyway?!?!

-

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Happy Birthday Oooooober!

I was going to get you an extra umlaut for your birthday, but I'm such a numpty, I don't know how to do it on my computer

so have a little cake instead

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

happy birthday Ooooooooooooobs!!!
                              I don't have an umlaut, but perhaps this will suffice

now, i know i must have insulted you in at least one language, but happy birthday anyway.
                              Last edited by ParadoxRealities; 19 June 2006, 07:19 AM.
                              sigpic
                              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                                Sam: Cam I don't care how good your grandma's corn bread is, this is the SGC not the movie American Pie, and I don't ever want to see that again!
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X