No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe they're off trying to book tickets for avalon or something. you'd think we'd be more important than that.

Comment

I'm here! *waves arms around* We need more scenes with the team interacting, not just getting the job done. There is a reason that the Characters and Relationships area always has the most viewers...people care about the characters and relationships!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
        I'm here! *waves arms around* We need more scenes with the team interacting, not just getting the job done. There is a reason that the Characters and Relationships area always has the most viewers...people care about the characters and relationships!!!!!!!
        i disagree. i think we need more scenes of the whole team interacting AND of (the whole team) getting the job done.

that being said, sam and vala? sweeeeeet. (no ship, thanks)
        however, vala and "the other woman on the show"? not so much. i don't want to fall into the daniel-fan trap of "anything that gets her screentime is good". but lets see how it turns out.?
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Despite the fact no ones' on right now, when you all get back, I'm looking for:

The best dark and Sam-whumpy fics you've ever read.

I know there's a lot of links spread throughout, but my brain would so not be able to handle sifting through the masses.
          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Me too! ME TOO!!!

*must think of something incendiary to say to spark a mad debate*

Ooh. I got something!

McKay is WAY smarter than Sam!

If that doesn't get debate a-goin', nothing will.

My reaction to my post is as follows...

NU UNH! Sam is the smarter of the two!!! Heck, WAY smarter than TWO McKAYS!!!! So...there. I sure showed me.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              Me too! ME TOO!!!

Ooh. I got something!

NU UNH! Sam is the smarter of the two!!! So...there. I sure showed me.
              i agree with...you! Sam's totally smarter! so hah! you are sooo wrong!
              sigpic
              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Me too! ME TOO!!!

Ooh. I got something!

NU UNH! Sam is the smarter of the two!!! So...there. I sure showed me.
                I don't think people will debate on it cause this is a Sam thread and well everyone just knows that sam is way smarter than MacKay

Comment

Same here.

She said she was having a lot of fun. Now I don't remember much of what she said about last year except that the general sense I got (and remember this is my interpretation ONLY) was that she felt a bit out of the loop for awhile, a bit unsure of herself and unsure how the fans would appreciate the new direction.

But this year, she seems to be more in her groove, more comfortable, etc. and no, I don't think it's just her hyping. She was honest enough to tell us when she was uncomfortable or upset, and I trust her to be just as honest about how she feels now. She hasn't led us astray yet.

My point? Yeah, I do have one. Promise.

What if a part of the reason for her excitement is the addition of Claudia and Vala to the mix?

I think that perhaps Amanda has keyed into the possibility of her and Claudia playing off each other, which would do nothing but provide oodles and gobs of character development for both ladies. It would allow Vala to develop more depth and allow Sam to let her hair down a bit.

I was extremely disappointed with last season for OH so many reasons and this is seriously like the only thing that has me the slightest bit excited about Season 10 (this and except for the fact that we'll get Rick! w00t).

Why? Because I love Amanda and Claudia and I think they would really be a powerhouse pairing on the show if they're given the chance.

And no, AD, I don't mean romantically.
                  Well, I'm crossing my fingers about AT in S10 so hard I'm cutting off my circulation. I hope you're right that CB will be good for AT. If nothing else, having new people to act with has to bring some new challenges/fun for an actor. We know AT will do her d****est on the show, so there should be a few high points. Ex) I do think that cave moment in Scourge was a great Sam moment. Maybe having lower expectations this year will help.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    Well, I'm crossing my fingers about AT in S10 so hard I'm cutting off my circulation. I hope you're right that CB will be good for AT. If nothing else, having new people to act with has to bring some new challenges/fun for an actor. We know AT will do her d****est on the show, so there should be a few high points. Ex) I do think that cave moment in Scourge was a great Sam moment. Maybe having lower expectations this year will help.
                    Well I've said it before.

Amanda has the natural ability to take what could be a fairly uninteresting moment or scene and pump magic into it. The Scourge scene I think is a case in point. In lesser hands that would have fallen flat. But Amanda took that moment and knew that Sam would not in any way, shape or form be intimidated by a politician and she played her snarkage perfectly.

Frankly I think it further cemented her leadership because leadership is in the action and demeanor, not in the title.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Me too! ME TOO!!!

Ooh. I got something!

NU UNH! Sam is the smarter of the two!!! Heck, WAY smarter than TWO McKAYS!!!! So...there. I sure showed me.
                      Well after that remark I have to DISAGREE and agree with you
                      As you are wrong, Sam is waaay smarter than McKay as shown in 48 Hours and Redemption (I &II)

Then I have to agree you are totally right, boy this is getting confusing Hey Oooob do you often find yourself arguing with uh yourself
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                        i agree with...you! Sam's totally smarter! so hah! you are sooo wrong!
                        You're not kidding!

In fact, and you may have missed this, but I went back and added this sentence to my post responding to myself: "Heck, [Sam is] WAY smarter than TWO McKAYS!!!!"

I think I wanted to make sure I understood how very wrong I was with the assertion that McKay was smarter and in fact I emphasized her brilliance to punctuate my point.

I believe the message was understood and I sufficiently and totally pwnd myself (which I don't recommend you do to yourself without seeing your doctor first).

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                          Well after that remark I have to DISAGREE and agree with you
                          As you are wrong, Sam is waaay smarter than McKay as shown in 48 Hours and Redemption (I &II)

Then I have to agree you are totally right, boy this is getting confusing Hey Oooob do you often find yourself arguing with uh yourself
                          It passes the time.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                            i disagree. i think we need more scenes of the whole team interacting AND of (the whole team) getting the job done.
                            Oh I see! I gotcha. What I should have said was I want more scenes of the team interacting and not only scenes of getting the job done. And when they are getting the job done, let the whole team get the job done, not just Mitchell. There we go. Better?

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam

Anyways, I agree with everything else you said on this subject!!! I also have the impression Amanda wants more time with Claudia, she's said many times how she's dissapointed that they're specific "im here if you need to talk" scene got cut...

Hand-to-Hand on an alien planet having to fight to... I dont know, rescue their men folk or something.
                              I like it.

A thing I always wanted was for more wonderful Sam/Janet moments... I think it was kind of hard because they usually only had Janet when there was medical somethings or others, which, though granted was quite often, was still limiting in that it was all work setting. With Sam and Vala on the same TEAM, they can have moments like we've seen with the original team, both on and offworld, because generally they'll be together a lot. In theory.
                              They just need to remember that those great character & friendship moments can be woven into an episode that's about something else. It doesn't have to be "this is the episode where we learn about Cam's demons" or "this is the episode where Vala and Sam bond" they can develop that by working together. I don't think there was a blatant "Sam and Janet become friends" episode, but yet they did. It takes some subtlety I think and perhaps thinking ahead.
                              On a different, but related note: I saw S. Epatha Merkerson (sp?) on "Inside the Actor's Studio a few weeks ago. (I dealt with the annoying James Lipton b/c I'm a L&O fan).There was a question about how do you develop a character in a procedural show like Law and Order? She said something to the effect of: you (the audience) learn about the characters by how they work the case. I think to a large degree, in Stargate you learn about the characters by how they deal with the situations they encounter and how they work with each other. Make any sense?

Comment

yes, we do

that's what drew many folks to the show in the first place. not space ships and cool sfx...it was those four folks interacting.

so lose the superficial crap and get back to character bits please
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X