Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    Thanks for the heads up on the pics, Sky. I really like the pre season 8 Teal'c. I think the Sams will get some getting used to, I don't know, the chest on the desert Sam looks a bit excessive to me!
    they don't have her face right.

i think doing faces must be THE hardest part for them. that's all i really want them to get right.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
      OK this can't be possible that AT is on the second page... so here a bump to the top again and well I just going to post a photo with it cause she is just to beautiful for not posting a photo:

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1964/atblauw2fu.jpg
      I WANT HER HAIR!!

k, done.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
        On a somewhat happier note, the latest issue of the official Stargate magazine came in the mail today, and there were a couple of nice mentions about Amanda. Unfortunately, not much else about Sam or Amanda in the whole magazine, as far as I could tell, but I’m sure you’ll appreciate these comments. The mag does have a good short story told from Janet’s point of view about the team in their early years.

This part is from an interview with Carmen Argenziano

<snip>

In the episode Grace Sam's subconscious, via Jacob, guides her romantically toward Jack. Fans discovered recently her having a more involved history with fellow Tok'ra, Martouf, in Ripple Effect but Argenziano reveals he prefers Daniel for her. "Oh, I love Martouf [JR Bourne]. [But] there's a sincerity about Daniel, a well- meaningness,” he explains, “and also he’s a scientist, he doesn't have time to mess around. Jack would be a little too roguish, Peter Pan-ish. I don’t think Jack was ready to settle down. I don't know if Jack will ever be ready to settle down," he laughs. "Jack is more of a... not a 'near-do-well' but he's a... I don't want to use that word that keeps popping into my head," Argenziano admits laughing. "I simply think that Sam would have been happier with Daniel as far as being a better father and a better husband than Jack."
        first off, thanks for sharing!

secondly, and in reference to what i highlighted...

carmen sounds exactly like a dad. what dads don't want to realize is that some women LOVE rogues!! and yes, jack is a most delicious rogue... sighs

goes to save interview snippets and pics

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

That sounds like a second dad. Always looking out for the best interests of his daughter. On screen as Jacob and Sam came across as Carmen and Amanda "adopted" each other.

Comment

i think they kinda are.

i seem to recall reading an interview where they said that he'd give her advice and the like

I think they very much are friends.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

ooh, fic rec

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/49/safeand.html

very good for a first fic, imho
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                ooh, fic rec

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/49/safeand.html

very good for a first fic, imho
                it is a really good fanfic... just read it and wel it is a S/J fanfic it isn't that obvious... It is not to romantic it is just good. I really enjoyed reading it
                thanx for it...

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                  yeah true that AT comes off the best... I can't dissagree with you. But I just think that she doesn't need Photoshopping. Ok maybe a little for the colours and so but not to get rid of the wrinkles. I mean it is normal that she have some (and she doesn't have much... I mean she's really is lucky) But cause of the photoshopping she looks a little to perfect and that does make her not real... ok or maybe it is just because I am not use to those kind of pics and maybe that is why I don't like them... They are just to different from the last years.
                  But what I really liked is that they weren't in uniform, gives a really different touch to it.
                  I can see them using whatever digital tools they have to even out skin tone or cover a blemish or something, but they seemed to remove the life from all the people. I think all this digital photography can do that. You can get some pretty glamorous shots with no retouching if you have good lighting. I wonder if there is an over-reliance on techonology.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                    On a somewhat happier note, the latest issue of the official Stargate magazine came in the mail today, and there were a couple of nice mentions about Amanda....

NC
                    Thanks for the clips NC! Can't give you any more green jello for a while.

Comment

Looks like the Sci-fi channel is airing amusing little spots for the new Stargate seasons.
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....32&postcount=5 - That's one that features Sam There is also one for Teal'c and Sheppard at the moment - hopefully there will be vid soon

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        Looks like the Sci-fi channel is airing amusing little spots for the new Stargate seasons.
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....32&postcount=5 - That's one that features Sam There is also one for Teal'c and Sheppard at the moment - hopefully there will be vid soon
                        yeah read that to... I am hoping for some vids of it... but some of them are taping it so that shouldn't be a problem

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....32&postcount=5 - That's one that features Sam
                          Carter was charming the ladies?! I have SO set an alarm for 36 minutes from now!

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                            Carter was charming the ladies?! I have SO set an alarm for 36 minutes from now!

Haha, no doubt! Janet would have her ear for that though

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              didn't she also say 'only if i can call you dick'

which is kinda when rda knew he'd like to work with her since she had a sense of humor

Rick said something like "You don't mind if I call you babe, right?
                              to which she sweetly replies "Only if I can call you Dick."

Good for her!

Suse
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                                Wow. That's gorgeous, Kat!
                                Just wanted to thank you and everyone else for their kind comments about my picture and all the jello. I'm really glad you liked it.

Comment

Working...
                                X