X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunKrux
    I personally LOVE this image
    Spoiler:

Hey, Ben and Chris look mighty airbrushed to me. It's funny cause Amanda and Claudia only look airbrushed in that one with the guys.

*looks at OoooooOooober and points "Look pig tails"*
    Well I guess we won't be discussing only Sam's hair now
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I personally LOVE this image
      Spoiler:
      Oh yes!! Amanda and Claudia!!!!! *drool*

Comment

Originally Posted by astrogeologist:
        What are your favorite AT acting moments or scenes?
        Ok, I'll play.

Solitudes--great acting from both AT and RDA. I completely bought that these two characters were going throught this traumatic situation together. Very well written episode, very well acted. Also very well directed. Sheer perfection.

2010--again, the cabin scene between AT and RDA is perhaps one of the best acted scenes in the whole series. It's one of those scenes where the whole thing would have flopped if either actor had "backed down" and not been so emotionally invested. Terrific stuff in a terrific episode. There's other great stuff in there as well.

Enemies--perhaps the greatest thing about AT's portrayal of Sam Carter is that she does a masterful job of making Carter look like a real officer. Sam Carter is extraordinarily competent and believable; she doesn't look out of place in a decidedly unfeminine world. Enemies has some of my all time favorite directed scenes featuring Sam as the soldier she is. When Carter and O'neill take down Teal'c, and when Carter, O'neill, and Daniel are on the run shooting replicators, no one is out of place. That's the team that made this show a success.

New Order--all of it works for me, really. AT owns this episode. Plus there's great Carter and Teal'c scenes. I'm a sucker for any Carter/Teal'c scene.

Heroes--seeing any of the four main characters get broken and torn apart is always a treat. In this one, Carter, Teal'c, Daniel, and Jack all get screwed up and broken most deliciously. I think AT does a nice job of not acting completley over the top when it comes to portraying Sam's grief and distress at the situation. It's one of those episodes that is served by best by the quiet sadness and absolute intensity that a nuanced performance can elicit when done right. This one was done right.

PS
        Special mention for both Replicarter and the alternate Carter in Moebius. AT did a great job creating two very different versions of Sam Carter to life, but still managed to keep them both as Carter.
        Last edited by golfbooy; 12 June 2006, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Hey, Ben and Chris look mighty airbrushed to me. It's funny cause Amanda and Claudia only look airbrushed in that one with the guys.

*looks at OoooooOooober and points "Look pig tails"*
          you're right, they are slightly less airbrushed, aren't they? preceptive. i still get tha video game feeling though. <shiver>

AT's acting, you mean, just one? uh, no.
          singularity elevator
          ITLOD cell
          Entity 'salute'
          the only AF captain in history able to look THAT serious gesturing with a doughnut to a 2 star.
          her eyes in Seth. pure art, i tell you.
          Unnatural Selection, Fifth's mind.
          Grace. every second or every scene. but especially the bubbles.
          Gemini. come on, there's TWO!
          Moebius. come on, there's TWO, part 2.
          "always" and jacob
          "You're MacGyver!" what? now it has to be ON the show?
          you knew it was coming: "Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week! Why couldn't you have just taken one day off?!" ahhh, adlibs.
          "what's a girl to do?" (what?! i like it!)
          "Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't hurt you, did I?"
          "i know, they're crystals." whole ep.
          "oh yeah, my career is over"
          "my, what big eyes you have"
          "hardened arteries."
          that scene in Meridian.
          that scene in heros.
          that scene in Scourge
          that scene in RE.
          that scene that was cut and shouldn't have been in RE. did i see it? no. but i was great. you know it was.
          sigpic
          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Good night all. Happy posting.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
              Here's another question for Samanda:

When we were discussing the Best Carter episodes for each season, some folks struggled with whether certain episodes, such as Entity, were more great AT episodes than great Sam episodes... so:

What are your favorite AT acting moments or scenes?

The most memorable AT acting scene for me is in "Singularity", when Sam takes Cassie down to the bottom of the silo and then has to leave her there... has an emotional venting in the elevator... has an epiphany... goes back down... hugs Cassie. Simply one of the best sequences, and most memorable, of the entire Stargate series for me. AT was phenomenal.
              My first one is just a small thing, but points out how good AT is at not just facial expressions, but at using her whole body. In Metamorphisis, after she's been through the liquifying machine, and lying on the bench back in the cell, she sits up, but uses her hands to lift her leg down. It's exactly the way that someone with limited control of their legs might sit up.

The second is in "Heroes" when Sam gets pi**ed off at the camera in her face right after she comes back from the mission. Of course it's a combination of anger, grief, frustration and probably shock. It's such a great display of raw emotion, and I remember going back and watching it over and over, thinking, wow!, she really nailed that scene.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                My first one is just a small thing, but points out how good AT is at not just facial expressions, but at using her whole body. In Metamorphisis, after she's been through the liquifying machine, and lying on the bench back in the cell, she sits up, but uses her hands to lift her leg down. It's exactly the way that someone with limited control of their legs might sit up.
                never noticed that, neat. i think AT's very in to thinking about those things.
                Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                The second is in "Heroes" when Sam gets pi**ed off at the camera in her face right after she comes back from the mission. Of course it's a combination of anger, grief, frustration and probably shock. It's such a great display of raw emotion, and I remember going back and watching it over and over, thinking, wow!, she really nailed that scene.
                i am still utterly amazed by that scene. wow. ...oh, right, back. i also like the one in your sig. i'm a sucker for AT humor. so subtle (sometimes), great style.
                sigpic
                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                  YES! I noticed that too! They have definitely been photoshopped.
                  very photoshopped

they look plastic, thier skin, thier hair.

i mean, they're nice pics and all and it's nice to see them in civvies but man do they look fake
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

ooh, another good sm fic

http://www.geocities.com/celtic_mysts/Letting_Go.html

post desp meas and i think the only bad thing i have to say about it is that it's too short

sigpic

Comment

Ooooh they are quite stunning... I like the focus of them too ... hee Sam/Vala.

Came up with a ditty for the theme song over the Ben & Claudia pic tho... goes like this... *ahem*

Fargate... after season 8
                      When we lost O'Niell
                      And they struck a deal
                      To Amalgamate
                      We're talking Fargateeeee...!

Lol... sorry couldn't help it. Amanda is looking amazing in the new shots tho, she really didn't need Adobe's help, but does she look a little less airbrushed than the other to anyone else, or is that my blinding bias?

Originally posted by majorsal
                      thanks for sharing, tj.

they're nice; i especially like the amanda-claudia one.

but does anyone think they're airbrushed to death?!

misses rda/jack in there

sally
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                        Amanda is looking amazing in the new shots tho, she really didn't need Adobe's help, but does she look a little less airbrushed than the other to anyone else, or is that my blinding bias?

No, I thought that too

Comment

Claudia's right eye is all screwy in the shot of Amanda & Claudia, but it really doesn't look like they've done that much to Amanda.... but then she is flawless

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          No, I thought that too
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                            it really doesn't look like they've done that much to Amanda.... but then she is flawless
                            Yep, I agree.

Comment

yeah, in some of them their hair looks almost fake...like it's barbie hair

and did you see chris's shoes????

the boys almost look cut out from the background in some of them, like they're not really there

i'm sure it's a mix of lighting and photoshopping but...man can't they take 'real' looking pictures every once in a while????

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                yeah, in some of them their hair looks almost fake...like it's barbie hair

and did you see chris's shoes????

the boys almost look cut out from the background in some of them, like they're not really there

i'm sure it's a mix of lighting and photoshopping but...man can't they take 'real' looking pictures every once in a while????
                                They need Chris there to take the pictures, not just to be in them
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X