Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by golfbooy
    Spoiler:
    I'm right there with you. I do have to say, though, that RDA has done something that 40 episodes of the Atlantis characters haven't been able to do. I'm actually sort of looking forward to an Atlantis episode. The photos in the gateroom are particularly enticing. Imagine how excited I'd be if it was Daniel or Teal'c or Sam in there with him.

Honestly, I think the last pictures that got me seriously juiced were the Moebius pictures with SG-1 in the desert. SG-1 of Arabia.

PS
    I agree with you on Mckay and Mrs. Miller. I made a short post in either the rage or whinge thread a couple of days ago bemoaning the writers unimaginitive use of Carter as Mckay's crutch. And as I posted there, I still think it'd be way more interesting if Carter's scene was with Mckay's sister instead of Mckay. Alas, I have no reason to believe that Martin Gero won't go for the same overdone dynamic here, too. Yep. Me is cynical too.
    Yeah. About that! You mentioned that before, and I'm not sure if you mentioned it, or if I thought of it. But wouldn't it be sooo cool if...
    Spoiler:
    McKay's sister and Sam were friends from somewhere else in Colorado Springs, because, though she never really reached her "full potential," she still remained active in the science community? And because she was married when she and Sam met, Sam never made the connection? So when she heads to the SGC to head over to Atlantis, or meet up with Rodney, or whatever (hopefully the latter...), they bump into each other and THAT'S what the brief exchange is about?

Shoooot. Good thinking, golfbooy. I smell a plot bunny... Any takers?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
      Yeah. About that! You mentioned that before, and I'm not sure if you mentioned it, or if I thought of it. But wouldn't it be sooo cool if...
      Spoiler:
      McKay's sister and Sam were friends from somewhere else in Colorado Springs, because, though she never really reached her "full potential," she still remained active in the science community? And because she was married when she and Sam met, Sam never made the connection? So when she heads to the SGC to head over to Atlantis, or meet up with Rodney, or whatever (hopefully the latter...), they bump into each other and THAT'S what the brief exchange is about?

Spoiler:
      Sam/Jeannie *nods*

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        Spoiler:

That would definitely be cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
          So, in a little more than two years he's gone from Colonel to Major General?

Hmmm.

Hey, PR? What are the TIG and TIS requirements for promotion again?
          ForeverSG1 did a superb write up of it several pages back...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
            Spoiler:
            Sam/Jeannie *nods*
            /me slaps AD with a medium-sized slab of tuna

Comment

Hi fellow Samandans, i need a little help with something, i'm going to be doing a small exhibition at work later this year on the theam of time.
              I've thought that it would be great to do this about space and time, so what i would really like to know is, am i correct in the thinking that the farther out into space you look the more back in time you would be seeing Galaxies and because light from these Galaxies takes so long to reach us we would really be seeing them as they were millions of years ago?

To be on topic just seen the new S10 pics and Sam looks really nice
              ......TARA......

Comment

Hi all! I have an OT post/question about Battlestar Galactica
                Spoiler:
                Right not, the only DVDs available in the US for Season 2, are only the first half of Season 2 (only the first 10 episodes). They call the 1/2 season box set Season 2.0 (even though it's only the first half of the season in the box set).

So, my question is, does anyone know when the other half of Season 2's episodes be available? (Here in the US?)

I tried Googling for info and got nowhere. Couldn't find the info on the Gateworld Battlestar Galactica website - and I also tried Scifi.com's BS website - but I couldn't find any info on the DVD release dates.

Edited to add: I think I found the answer: Sept 16th, 2006.
                Last edited by astrogeologist; 08 June 2006, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                  Hi all! I have an OT post/question about Battlestar Galactica
                  Spoiler:
                  Right not, the only DVDs available in the US for Season 2, are only the first half of Season 2 (only the first 10 episodes). They call the 1/2 season box set Season 2.0 (even though it's only the first half of the season in the box set).

So, my question is, does anyone know when the other half of Season 2's episodes be available? (Here in the US?)

I tried Googling for info and got nowhere. Couldn't find the info on the Gateworld Battlestar Galactica website - and I also tried Scifi.com's BS website - but I couldn't find any info on the DVD release dates.
                  September 19th for 2.5 - The best site to check TV show DVD releases in the US is http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/ Here is wht they have for the artwork for the 2.5 box set BSG 2.5 artwork
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                    September 19th for 2.5 - The best site to check TV show DVD releases in the US is http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/
                    Thanks!

Comment

Hey thread! I'm doing some writing and piddling some time away on the forum with my puppy sleeping beside me and my cat sleeping on a box near the kitchen entryway. Just wanted to say HELLOOOO!!!!

Rachel (veryangrystargatefan)

This is me sitting on the Stargate Blanket I made. Stargate #1.

Please spread the love. Help a fellow GWer. Click this thread link! http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33123

Comment

It gets very quiet here this time of the night. I have to go to bed though. Work in the morning.

Comment

Crikey it's quiet here. I'm just gonna post a little pic of Sam just coz I think she's a great character. Do I need a reason.....hell no! Night all. See ya tomorrow!!
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                            am i correct in the thinking that the farther out into space you look the more back in time you would be seeing Galaxies and because light from these Galaxies takes so long to reach us we would really be seeing them as they were millions of years ago?
                            Yes you are.
                            scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              it's so freaking great to see him back in uniform and on the show...even if it's not quite the right one.
                              Sky, you say it's not the right uniform, but in the Atlantis episode, the Real Worl (Torri heavy ep. yay!)

Spoiler:

It's not the real Jack O'Neill. It's a hallucination. Weir wakes up in a mental insitution and gets visited by O'Neill. She's told that the Stargate and everything don't exist. So things like uniforms are likely to be a bit skewiff. Especially when imagined by Liz, who is decidedly anti-military
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                                Spoiler:
                                When it came out that 3 of RDA's 5 appearances were going to be on Atlantis... and then the 4th was going to be the 200th 'farce' episode... leaving the possibility for RDA to be appearing in only one real SG-1 episode....

...what popped into my head was that they really don't want anything or anyone on SG-1 (the show) that challenges Mitchell's role as The Lead Male. Daniel is as close as they are going to allow anyone get to sharing the screen with Mitchell.

Too cynical?
                                not cynical at all

right on the money, imho

putting jack next to mitch really leaves two options - since the 'you're a putz' will never be uttererd about the golden boy.

dang, aren't you great, how did i manage without you - jack to cam
                                cam, with his lip quivering 'but they dont like me'
                                'that's ok, they'll get over it. i'll talk to them'

either jack, by his simple presence, illuminates any lacks in cam or jack is used to pump cam up.

neitehr of which fit in the 'cam is the bestest air force officer ever' image they want to put forth
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X