No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- The fact that she refused to leave Cassie – Solitudes. Or leave any of her teammates behind. Daniel, Jack, Teal’c she has refused to give up on any of them. She has worked to bring them all home at some point throughout the series.

- Her comment to Mayborne about ‘being an idiot everyday of the week why couldn’t you have taken just one day off.” - Foothold

- Her standing up/ fighting with and winning against the leader guy in Emancipation.
    - Her excitement in Space Race – I also liked her “indeed” comment to Teal’cl.

- Her excitement when she was in a space ship, when she studies new technology or that cloud in Grace.

- The “welcome to my life.” comment to Jack about her dad.

- The intense look between her and Jack at the end of “the Other Side” When Jack ordered the Iris shut. There is so much being said between them in just that look. Hmm ... I wonder if there are any fics dealing with this scene? *goes off to look...

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
      -{snipage}
      - Her excitement in Space Race – I also liked her “indeed” comment to Teal’c.
      another great sam moment from space race:

jack: "that's not our language"
      sam: "it's mine, sir"

Comment

Well here's the thing, soldiers die in wars.. be they male or female. Death doesn't discriminate by gender and neither should we. But then we'll be waiting a long long time for that ideal world. Ultimately it would be nice to not require soldiers at all really.

Originally posted by Mandysg1
        Actually this was an actual combat situation a firefight between both sides and she wasn't the only woman fighting at the time.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
          Well here's the thing, soldiers die in wars.. be they male or female. Death doesn't discriminate by gender and neither should we. But then we'll be waiting a long long time for that ideal world. Ultimately it would be nice to not require soldiers at all really.
          I totally agree with you, I hate to hear about anyone dying. I just brought it up to show that yes there are women in combat for those who argue that there aren't any.
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I have officially given the WSL thread the boot - that thread is a crock with what is going on over there - bunch of nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
              another great sam moment from space race:

jack: "that's not our language"
              sam: "it's mine, sir"
              Oh yeah! Sitting on the ship on their way to the race. JAck was reading over her shoulder. too funny

Comment

Well, the first ep I ever saw had Sam kicking some big guy's behind. It was my first impression of her, and when I think of Sam, I think *can kick butt*.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                  This is perfect, Kat!!!
                  Here ya go Astro...

A special gift for you and all the WSL Supporters for Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    so...since we've all been having fun lamenting any perceived lack of sam in s9 and the potential in s10...what has been y our favorite sam bit from s1-9?

the one moment that, when you think of sam carter, you think of her?
                    'the scourge'.

that was sam.

sally

ps - i realized i completely misread what you'd asked. all i saw was that you were asking what was your fave sam moment in season 9. yes, i can read. i just read 'differently' than most ppl.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      Here ya go Astro...

A special gift for you and all the WSL Supporters for Sam.

Woot! Great one, Kat!
                      I bookmarked it (for later use )

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        I knew that's what you meant. I just meant that you can be under fire even when you're technically not in a combat job.

On Season 10. That quote above the season 10 promo photo (link given in an above post)?
                        Spoiler:
                        Something like "I've always thought of STargate as a comedy" from Brad Wright? was he serious? Brad--are you letting us down?

jckfan's heard muttering to herself: "Season 9 & 10 are just figments of Felger's imagination...It's not real...breathe..."
                        Seriously. Once I finish that other plotbunny this thread gave me (anyone remember what that was? ) I'm going to write THAT fanfic too!

Also-I come bearing a new sig!

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                          I have officially given the WSL thread the boot - that thread is a crock with what is going on over there - bunch of nonsense.
                          I had started a post countering some of the more logically challenged arguments over there, then deleted it. Because really? How can you expect to make headway with arguments about her being unable to lead because she's the girl, and she was only leader in season 8 cause Jack wanted her?

I went back to making "Sam's A Rockin Leader" sigs, instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                            Seriously. Once I finish that other plotbunny this thread gave me (anyone remember what that was? ) I'm going to write THAT fanfic too!

Also-I come bearing a new sig!

Deejay - this is beautiful!

In counterpoint to Deejay's wonderful new sig pic, I posted a rant on the Whingenuts thread, for anyone in the mood for such a read... Rant/Lament

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                              Hmmmmmmmm,

Most improved: “Stargate.”

This beloved Sci Fi series began showing its age last year. But the introduction of Ben Browder as the new team leader and some snappier writing injected life into the show, which will celebrate its 10th season this summer.

=> by Jeff Hidek from http://www.wilmingtonstar.com

God!! That's just so wrong. They don't know the actual show at all!
                              Eh. Take it with a mountain of salt. Bet Ben grew up around there.

Suse
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                                Eh. Take it with a mountain of salt. Bet Ben grew up around there.

Suse
                                i still haven't been able to read the article (can't find it). help.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X