Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lizlove
    My pleasure
    Isn't voting for video and such new? They certainly have some things to clear out
    I would put it number 1 on the front page...
    Or maybe they have an actress/actor category?!?
    See...I'm actually really new to this fandom thing. I was stunned last year when someone told me a little animated graphic I made was nominated (and subsequently won *w00t*)...and in fact I had no idea what the Stargate Fan Awards were at that time (beyond the obvious from the name).

I just think it's way cool is all.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      See...I'm actually really new to this fandom thing. I was stunned last year when someone told me a little animated graphic I made was nominated (and subsequently won *w00t*)...and in fact I had no idea what the Stargate Fan Awards were at that time (beyond the obvious from the name).

I just think it's way cool is all.
      Yay!!! Well I was never very familiar with it
      You'll get to know it, after all it's the second time you got nominated!
      Question: could you pass me the link to your vid again?

Comment

Thank you! I'm a bit curious as to what category it could fit in...because although it has Sam clips in it, it is first and foremost an AMANDA video.

So maybe a Carter video...and then perhaps it should be in the BESTEST VIDEO EVAH category!!!!
        Congrats Ooooober
        I too got my nomination information e-mail (I think they haven't worked out all their bugs yet, because it looked odd )
        I got nominated for 3 stories and like you have to figure out how to categorize them The stories are:
        Getting to know You
        Shades of Grey: The Aftermath
        What's in a Name

See TJ I made it easy for you, when you make up that list
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
          Yay!!! Well I was never very familiar with it
          You'll get to know it, after all it's the second time you got nominated!
          Question: could you pass me the link to your vid again?
          Just click on my banner.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Just click on my banner.
            Doh! Thanks! I looked for a link in your sig underneath your banner :facepalm:headdesk:
            It's getting late...

Comment

@ÜberSG-1Fan: I just watched your video, and well done, It was really great, I am just speachless.
              And well congratulations on your nomination you desirves it

Comment

*blushes profusely*

Thanks all.

Hey Paradox Realities...how about adding this to my name tag:

Nommed Cosmically Giddy Vidder

Comment

I like what sci-fi says over at sci-fi weekly on sci-fi.com in the letters blurb and then lists titles of the 3 letters posted:

"Readers blast Ben Browder's Stargate casting, recommend a star for the X-Men's next stand, and more...

TV Lives and Dies by Darwinism
                  Stargate SG-1 Is Only a Shadow
                  Storm Deserves Her Own Spinoff

I think it is a pretty good letter - take a read if you have an opportunity. At least they are not "spinning" it into all positive and they are acknowledging a lot of the criticisms of the browder character and mitchell and the show in general.

Comment

So I got the email from Stargate Fan Awards telling me what I got nominated for (although I confess that someone PM'd me and told me they nominated me).

But now it's official and I can share with you publicly that I was nominated for my That Girl video.

*dances around happily and giggles like a foo'*

PR, are you going to update my nametag accordingly? Although I'm a scribe, that's not the work for which I was nominated...
                    CONGRATS OOOBER!! Way to go!

From the one who hand delivered Amanda's copy ...

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                      ... But based (solely) on that clip I'd say I'm more like Chris than Amanda.
                      Whoo! You get to lick Amanda's arm!

Gonna make a pit stop at the writer's offices first, though...
                      Oh, and I dunno if it means the same in Canada, but 'pit stop' here is slang for going to the toilet (or bathroom as the yanks say)

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        when it comes to appearances, weight also plays a part.

if a female keeps her weight down, really down, then her face thins out and it accentuates her features...and often makes her look a bit older since there is less body fat to soften those wrinkles.

i noticed teh both claudia adn amanda's faces filled out while they were preggers. and, personally, i like them with a bit more flesh on thier faces. it makes them look a lot younger.

when some actresses diet a lot adn stay too thin, they usually look older than their years because their faces are too gaunt
                        I'll never have this problem.

Chubby Cheeks

Comment

just be careful folks

you can announce your noms, tell folks what they are, but you CANNOT utter the phrase 'vote for me' or anything like that

you CANNOT campaign.

i'd hate to see any samandan get disqualified because she uttered some careless words

Perhaps, once the noms are sorted, we can all post who has what nominated, just as a source of information.

maybe someone that isn't nominated will volunteer to gather the info and post it...with no comments, so that there is no issue of campaigning
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

So I got the email from Stargate Fan Awards telling me what I got nominated for (although I confess that someone PM'd me and told me they nominated me).

But now it's official and I can share with you publicly that I was nominated for my That Girl video.

*dances around happily and giggles like a foo'*

PR, are you going to update my nametag accordingly? Although I'm a scribe, that's not the work for which I was nominated...

Congrats! I love that video. Now that song is going through my head again. Replacing Paradise by the Dashboard Light.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              Whoo! You get to lick Amanda's arm!

Oh, and I dunno if it means the same in Canada, but 'pit stop' here is slang for going to the toilet (or bathroom as the yanks say)
                              It means the same up here in Canada I guess that changes the meaning of mini's little post

Um... go mini
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                just be careful folks

you can announce your noms, tell folks what they are, but you CANNOT utter the phrase 'vote for me' or anything like that

you CANNOT campaign.

i'd hate to see any samandan get disqualified because she uttered some careless words

Perhaps, once the noms are sorted, we can all post who has what nominated, just as a source of information.

maybe someone that isn't nominated will volunteer to gather the info and post it...with no comments, so that there is no issue of campaigning

A friend over on LJ mentioned she was nommed, but was hesitant to say which category or what story because of the 'no campaigning' rule. So to clarify-she can tell me what category she's in, and for which story, right?

Sorry to go a bit OT.

Comment

Working...
                                X