Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55
    Samandans--
    Feeling listless? Unable to concentrate? Cranky? Weepy at the drop of a hat?

You could be experiencing SDS--Sam Deprivation Syndrome. With only small doses of Sam available in Season 9, this problem is reportedly endemic in the Kingdom.
    Currently no cure is known, but experts say the syndrome can be managed and a support network is helpful. Please share with your fellow afflicted your ways of coping.
    *stands shakily* uh... hi. I'm scari, and I'm a samaholic...
    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
      Now that all five are signed on, the peeps in charge evidently took this as an opportunity to have Vala AND Cameron run the show from here on out.
      They can't do that! I mean they can, if they want to alienate most of their fanbase. There are some Fargaters, I'm sure, and S9 fans too, but not enough to make up for the loss of, well, EVERYONE ELSE!

I don't think it's a coincidence that nearly every ep we've read about in spoiler form features one of the two of them - or both - in a large way. And if that's the way they're going with it, based on the Spacey award results, they probably have no reason to change their tune. I can only imagine how Sci Fi must've taken that as confirmation of their hopes: That the fans indeed love their new characters as much as they do.

They'll most likely take the results from the fan awards over the clear ratings issues of last season. It's all very backwards.
      NO NO NO! My hands are clean of that. That is the one where fans voted, right? I remember voting for something, but not for that category, because I just don't think he deserved it.

There should be a Sam Carter Award...that goes to Sam until SG is over, then it should be given to deserving female characters in sci-fi shows. Ones that have brains, brawn, and beauty. Not ones that flaunt themselves around for all the world to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        Ooooh, just finished reading Sky's mirror, mirror fic that she read earlier! It's kind of heartwarming and heartbreaking all at the same time. And I expect a sequel, Sky, you can't just leave it hanging like that! You know what I mean!
        thanks sweetie

there is a sequel. it'll show up in a week or so.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          Attention Samandans, are you willing to share?
          What has been a defining Sam-Carter moment in your own life?
          When did you feel empowered and at the top of your game?

Mmmmm way back.... Standing up to 2 bullies who had followed me in to the girls toilets after school. I said something like "come on then and I'll deck both of you" despite having a number of karate gradings under my belt I was bricking it - but they backed off - luckily for me I think. A while later they saw me in a karate fighting display and never bothered me again!!

Toping out of a multi pitch HVS climbing route in southern Spain (having climbed by close to a golden eagles nest) and sitting back with my butties and climbing mates admiring the view

Oh on edit - summiting mount Temple in the Candian Rockies. This makes me smile a bit as I think I must have done this a couple of weeks before Amanda got married - sept '95

and yes CG moving up here to the Western Isles!!
          Last edited by Coley; 31 May 2006, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
            While many of us are irked, I don't think it's accurate to say that everyone is. There are a lot of people who like Mitchell and Vala, some of whom are very loyal fans of the show. (Sorry, I just feel obligated to point that out in fairness to other fans.)
            True. Some of the fans are irked. See, I was so irked, I didn't even realized what I was typing.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
              While many of us are irked, I don't think it's accurate to say that everyone is. There are a lot of people who like Mitchell and Vala, some of whom are very loyal fans of the show. (Sorry, I just feel obligated to point that out in fairness to other fans.)
              Good catch, Strix! We definitely wanna be careful about those kinds of absolutes, huh?

*checks posts to see if any freudian slips made it in*

I don't think the fandom will ever be united in one general feeling - we'd probably get in statistical trouble if we dared to say, "most." It's just impossible. But yeah, I've definitely seen quite a few fans who love the direction of the show and love what they're seeing. There are a lot of positive fans out there, which is cool. I'm glad so many like the show as it is.

I'm just not one of 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                thanks sweetie

there is a sequel. it'll show up in a week or so.
                Thank goodness. Because I had plans for you in Baltimore that involved breaking and knee caps.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                  True. Some of the fans are irked. See, I was so irked, I didn't even realized what I was typing.
                  I've raged on the anti-season 10 thread, so I understand where you're coming from.

My LJ

Comment

See, I just don't think they've ever done that before, have they? And if they haven't released bogus spoilers, I don't see why it would work to their advantage to do so now. I wish that was the case, and we could all be pleasantly surprised come August, but I'm thinking this is it. Everything they've been saying over the past few months has been because of this renewed sense of vigor with Cameron.

Last season, they had five eps with Vala, and they were practically forced to use one of TO3 as her sidekick. Then, once she was gone, they felt free to use Cameron as The Man, and had all of TO3 fall into step behind him in some bizarre form of "leadership."

Now that all five are signed on, the peeps in charge evidently took this as an opportunity to have Vala AND Cameron run the show from here on out.

I don't think it's a coincidence that nearly every ep we've read about in spoiler form features one of the two of them - or both - in a large way. And if that's the way they're going with it, based on the Spacey award results, they probably have no reason to change their tune. I can only imagine how Sci Fi must've taken that as confirmation of their hopes: That the fans indeed love their new characters as much as they do.

They'll most likely take the results from the fan awards over the clear ratings issues of last season. It's all very backwards.
                    BUT IT MAKES NO SENSE DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what i meant was that the spoilers that are being released are accurate, just not taking up as much of the plot of these episodes as are being implied. we haven't had that many spoilers for the ori storylines. so maybe while the newbies are being all newbie and on earth, the (can i say real team?) are off saving the world interplanetary style? maybe? hopefully? eh, probably not.

and i'm hoping that its the network releasing the spoilers. it is up to them to do that, isn't it?

i'm hoping that the spoilers are somewhat askew. i didn't check out who won what awards, because i don't find awards to be an accurate interpretation on the quality of a show. awards are all political within the industry as far as i'm concerned. and awards that fans vote for, are largely voted for by a younger audience. (and often a shallower one IMO. mtv audiences for example.)

i would hope that networks and producers are aware of this too, and wouldn't feed into the false security provided by such things.

i'm hoping that there are letters and emails being sent in to accurately reflect the state of stargate fandom at the moment. those who like cam, sam, lam (ggrrrr, lousy rhyming names! ), daniel, landry and teal'c, as well as those who dislike them. i would hope that those letters would state in detail what it is that makes people feel however they feel about it.

i would hope that people are writing in to say that they like the space battles and the farcical nature of certain parts of the show, but that they miss the old team, and the depth that the show used to have. i hope that even if the network isn't listening (and it isn't) that the guys running the show are listening. i hope that they realise what a gem of a show they once had, and that they are willing to do their best to get that show back to the quality it once had.

and if they aren't willing to make good use of the talents of the original cast anymore, then they really don't deserve to save the show. all this talk of a new show baffles me. it makes no sense.

i would very much miss seeing AT, CJ and MS on screen together as much as i'm already missing seeing them all with RDA, but i'm already starting to miss seeing those three on a show together anyway. at the very least i would hope that in a few years sci fi does the same thing their doing now only with a little more success. i hope they realise in a year or two what a huge mistake they've made, and that they give the three of them a new show. but i also hope they learn from the mistake they are currently making, and not just force them on another existing and established show.

i just hope amanda gets the respect she deserves, be it on stargate or on a new show or in movies. i hope the SG boys wake up and realise that they've got an amazing person with so many talents that they are just brushing aside (as well as her co-stars) and disrespecting.

i'm feeling very down about the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                      Strix was spot on ,but I love this response - so Samanda!!!!

Comment

Good catch, Strix! We definitely wanna be careful about those kinds of absolutes, huh?

*checks posts to see if any freudian slips made it in*

I don't think the fandom will ever be united in one general feeling - we'd probably get in statistical trouble if we dared to say, "most." It's just impossible. But yeah, I've definitely seen quite a few fans who love the direction of the show and love what they're seeing. There are a lot of positive fans out there, which is cool. I'm glad so many like the show as it is.

I'm just not one of 'em.
                        Maybe if I didn't know what the show *could* be, I'd be satisfied with it as it is now--which IMHO is a fairly run of the mill SciFi show. I liked CB as Aeryn and BB (mostly) as Crichton, so I don't come from an anti-CB/BB/Farscape perspective. But I don't want to see Crichton on Stargate--Cam is too hyper in the Crichton mode. It's not being opposed to some new faces joining the show, it's the disrespect shown for the Big 3 by shunting them aside that gets me. I know Daniel fans were upset by the introduction of Jonas, but I still say if TPTB had followed that example a bit of bringing him *into* the *existing team*, they would have not offended as many long time fans. I'm *appalled* that AT, who has been a crucial part of the success of the show for 8 years, felt she had to "find a way" to fit in.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          I'm *appalled* that AT, who has been a crucial part of the success of the show for 8 years, felt she had to "find a way" to fit in.

*hugs AT*

Comment

Ahhh Jester I loved reading your Sam Carter moment.

At the time in out lives when most of us will be reaching for our zimmers, when wintergreen needs to be worked right into those joints before we go to bed, when our major expedition would be to the PO to collect our pensions, when decent footwear means a pair of zip up fur lined booties and when the task of cleaning ones teeth is an easy one thanks to a glass of steradent, The Matriarch of the thread is laughing in the face of advanced years and scaling well known trekking peaks in Kananaskis!!

And now Coley is wondering if she can outrun this amazing superfit being!!!

Give me a head start Jest!!! Love Ya!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                              I made a wallpaper of sam, i hope you all enjoy it. I made it with paint and irfanvieuw (i don't have photoshop or something like that so it is not that proffesional)
                              It looks great to me!

Originally posted by Lizlove
                              Season 9??? It depends on some things.
                              If season 10 is good then maybe I'll need to see season 9 to comprehend some things. I promised myself I would follow Stargate til it's end but yeah... now... I'm not too sure about that.
                              So, or I wait till S9 here airs and tape it *only those with good Sam stuff of course* or I buy if it's worth the price. Like cool bonuses and behind the scenes and... stuff.
                              First I need to buy S5, 6 and 8. I think that's priority.
                              I watched season 9 and I liked some of it, but imo the show could certainly have ended after season 8. It feels like a different show now, which I guess has been said of course, just re-iterating. I am happy that the show is going on for 10 years and I'm actually looking forward to seeing what is going to happen, but then I have learned to think optimistically about these things. Hopefully, I will not be disapointed.
                              Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                              Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl
                                a huge honking amandafied party When I finish my exams I'm going catch up on the stuff i've missed her while I've been revising, buy season 6 cause I havent got that one and hope that i pass my exams so that i can graduate in july.

as for the season 9 box set i dont think ill buy one, if i like season 10 and buy that then ill just put up with the gap in my collection. i just didnt like season 9, so i dont see any point buying it. ive enjoyed all the stargate seasons up until season 9. i think ill keep my money and buy something else, maybe some more shoes, a girl can never have too many pairs of shoes
                                Looks like Samanda is going to have a wild graduation party soon for you and TJ!! Wonderful news! Any other graduates in our midst?

"Class of 2006", please step forward!

Comment

Working...
                                X