Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandyinsertinsultingnamehere
    Nope, you're right (for a change ) I think it was in one of the behind the scene things, or beyond the gate.
    reallly?!! are you sure YOU'RE right?

CG: wow, that's hard...gah, i really am thinking, too...think my first few (months) of PT rank up there. constantly thinking i was just going to drop dead (heart rate was waaaaaaaaaay to high to be safe) and yet--somehow--not. i think. that good enough? somebody, jog my memory. what have i done that's SC class amazing?

nothing? figures. good on you though, CG. and Sound of Music
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
      I agree Mini.

I'm so very grateful to have found this thread for so many reasons. You all know some of the health things I've been going through this year, but you can't know what having such a kind, warm, open place to come 'visit' has meant to me. Especially during those months I was stuck at home, in winter, without a car or a job!

THANK YOU to everyone on Samanda for being such a bright place in my life.

And thank you to Amanda Tapping, for inspiring all these wonderful people to come together like this.

And-I'm done now, before I get too maudlin. (Too late, I know!)
      Wow, let the Samanda lurve flow tonight!

I had the privilege at GABIT of thanking Amanda for being such a catalyst! She is very aware of the amazing things that have happened to people, her fans, because of their enthusiasm for her.

All of us here started with our love of Amanda and then we began to find new friends through our mutual admiration of one strong female character. And it's grown and grown. I've been busy lately but when I peek in, I see new names and new discussions building, I smile to myself and say "Amanda, what have you wrought?!" It's good, all good.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

That was, indeed, my Sam Carter moment! What's yours?!
        Well, whenever I tinker with things I have a Sam moment. There's not too many times I have a Sam moment-let's face it, my life is boring. Oh oh! I have one! I think when we look at Jack, we're thinking some of the same things.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities

CG: wow, that's hard...gah, i really am thinking, too...think my first few (months) of PT rank up there. constantly thinking i was just going to drop dead (heart rate was waaaaaaaaaay too high to be safe) and yet--somehow--not. i think. that good enough? somebody, jog my memory. what have i done that's SC class amazing?

If PT stands for physical therapy and rebuilding your life, then I'd say woman you have definitely had a Sam-Carter experience. They just never gave Sam the opportunity to fight back like that from a war injury ... it would have made a great episode! Or if PT is boot camp, then it's just as impressive.

It doesn't have to be like "blowing up a sun" ... it could be a moment that took personal courage ... where you found yourself taking a stand, or standing up to authority and letting your voice be found, be heard. Here you go - Rosa Parks sitting down on that bus in Mississippi. That was her Sam Carter moment for sure!

I think each and every one of us is a hero in our own way. God, let me get off my soapbox. I'll go quietly now, I've used up my energy for the night.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
            Well, whenever I tinker with things I have a Sam moment. There's not too many times I have a Sam moment-let's face it, my life is boring. Oh oh! I have one! I think when we look at Jack, we're thinking some of the same things.
            Now, for shippers ahoy, that's definitely a Sam moment!!

Comment

If PT stands for physical therapy and rebuilding your life, then I'd say woman you have definitely had a Sam-Carter experience. They just never gave Sam the opportunity to fight back like that from a war injury ... it would have made a great episode! Or if PT is boot camp, then it's just as impressive.

It doesn't have to be like "blowing up a sun" ... it could be a moment that took personal courage ... where you found yourself taking a stand, or standing up to authority and letting your voice be found, be heard. Here you go - Rosa Parks sitting down on that bus in Mississippi. That was her Sam Carter moment for sure!

I think each and every one of us is a hero in our own way. God, let me get off my soapbox. I'll go quietly now, I've used up my energy for the night.
              Oh, geez! I pale in comparison to Sam!!!! But the great thing is, she would never make you feel inferior.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                celebrating 6700.

hi.

sally
                Congratulations, majorsal, on 6,700 posts!!!

Comment

Wow, let the Samanda lurve flow tonight!

I had the privilege at GABIT of thanking Amanda for being such a catalyst! She is very aware of the amazing things that have happened to people, her fans, because of their enthusiasm for her.

All of us here started with our love of Amanda and then we began to find new friends through our mutual admiration of one strong female character. And it's grown and grown. I've been busy lately but when I peek in, I see new names and new discussions building, I smile to myself and say "Amanda, what have you wrought?!" It's good, all good.
                  I'm all out of green tonight, Elaine, but I wanted to say hi!!! (* waves enthusiastically *)

Sadly, it's bedtime.....nighty-night, Samanda!

Comment

Attention Samandans, are you willing to share?
                    What has been a defining Sam-Carter moment in your own life?
                    When did you feel empowered and at the top of your game?
                    I guess I should put up or shut up, huh? Okay, I am not a jock. Playing sports, physical activity was never my thing. But about four years ago I decided to take a trip to the Canadian Rockies and spend a week with a group of strangers (who were much better at this than I) ... climbing mountains! I had never climbed a mountain (even a hill) in my life!

The first day out nearly killed me (I actually fell on way down and slammed my face, broke my glasses). Luckily, there were two doctors in my group. I was determined to get back on the trail the morning after ... this was what I had come for. It was the hardest thing I'd ever done, pushing myself to use muscles I didn't even know existed and to keep up with the "pros" and not get left behind. We hiked for a week, each day taking on a bit more. My fellow hikers were terrific - SG1 kinds of guys. I did go on every hike, and climbed every mountain, and ended up, literally, on top of the world, twirling like Maria in the "Sound of Music"!

That was, indeed, my Sam Carter moment! What's yours?!

Oh sure! Just when I wanted to stop being maudlin!

My Sam Carter moments were many this past year. Every time I got into that chemo-bed, I had a Sam Carter moment. Also-every time I climbed into the CT machine, worrying about the results, I called on my inner-Sam.

Was I glad I had her around this year!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                      Wow, CG, any opportunity to read your beautiful poetry is a gift.

There really are certain people who have the uncanny ability to touch other people with their presence or their art; their words, their message, their hope, their dreams. Amanda Tapping is definitely one of those people, and I'm looking so very forward to the distinct pleasure of meeting her, this November.

But so are YOU, CG. You're so talented, so kind and so eloquent. I'd love to have the chance to meet you too, someday. There are quite a few folks here to whom that applies, quite frankly. This community seems to be a magnet for souls I'd feel privileged to meet, "IRL".

{{{ hugs }}}
                      geek
                      Swimming in a sea of love ... how sweet it is!! How sweet you are! Thanks so much for the kind words (blush). But as you said, there are so many Samandans that make us want to come back to this thread.

And Shore Leave and GABIT2 are something to look forward to for all you lucky ticket holders!

Once again, Amanda's influence ... why the heck doesn't she just invite us all over to her house for one big party?!

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                        Oh sure! Just when I wanted to stop being maudlin!

My Sam Carter moments were many this past year. Every time I got into that chemo-bed, I had a Sam Carter moment. Also-every time I climbed into the CT machine, worrying about the results, I called on my inner-Sam.

Was I glad I had her around this year!
                        Your story is so inspiring and what a battle you fought!

Comment

Originally Posted by Mandyinsertinsultingnamehere
                          Nope, you're right (for a change ) I think it was in one of the behind the scene things, or beyond the gate.
                          Originally posted by ParadoxRealities

CG: wow, that's hard...gah, i really am thinking, too...think my first few (months) of PT rank up there. constantly thinking i was just going to drop dead (heart rate was waaaaaaaaaay to high to be safe) and yet--somehow--not. i think. that good enough? somebody, jog my memory. what have i done that's SC class amazing?

You know PR when I first saw that, I was thinking , what kind of name is that, until I recognized the quote and took a closer look
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Science, History, Other Planets and other worlds has always fascinated me ever since i was a kid. Its why i love Sci FI so much, Its also probably why sam and other characters like her are my favourite. The Scientific characters in these show are my favourite. Spock in Star Trek, Data in The Next Generation, Dax in DS9, Carter in Stargate, and McKay in Atlantis. It's probably something my subconscious mind is filling with fantasies since i am definately no where near smart enough, and admittedly probably not dedicated enough to go into out of space or be an explorer, although i do read history.......

Comment

Attention Samandans, are you willing to share?
                              What has been a defining Sam-Carter moment in your own life?
                              When did you feel empowered and at the top of your game?
                              Wow, these are great and inspiring stories indeed. I am afraid my Sam-Carter moments are not as impressive. I guess, I had my "biggest" one when my husband and I moved to California from Germany, leaving our families and friends behind. We did not know anybody and all we had to start with was the name of our hotel and where we had to show up for work. For me it was quite a challenge, even though today it is not that uncommon to live in a different country. I was also very shy and hardly spoke more than school English. I felt quite literally like I was on a different planet, LOL. Now, we've settled in just fine.

My most demanding Sam-Carter moment and one that actually lastet for 4 years was when I took on the challenge of going to law school in America. There were endless nights when I was reading cases with a German/English dictionary next to me and almost every day I questioned myself whether I was nuts even thinking I could do this. But I did, and I am finally graduating next month.

Anyways, I am not sure whether these qualify. Aside from this, I have my "little" Sam-Carter moments almost every day.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                                Wow, these are great and inspiring stories indeed. I am afraid my Sam-Carter moments are not as impressive. I guess, I had my "biggest" one when my husband and I moved to California from Germany, leaving our families and friends behind. We did not know anybody and all we had to start with was the name of our hotel and where we had to show up for work. For me it was quite a challenge, even though today it is not that uncommon to live in a different country. I was also very shy and hardly spoke more than school English. I felt quite literally like I was on a different planet, LOL. Now, we've settled in just fine.

My most demanding Sam-Carter moment and one that actually lastet for 4 years was when I took on the challenge of going to law school in America. There were endless nights when I was reading cases with a German/English dictionary next to me and almost every day I questioned myself whether I was nuts even thinking I could do this. But I did, and I am finally graduating next month.

Anyways, I am not sure whether these qualify. Aside from this, I have my "little" Sam-Carter moments almost every day.
                                Wow inspiring Dani and congratulations
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X