Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye
    The Royal Samandan Purple, Pink, Green, White, and Multi-Hued Jelly Bean Award goes to our very own Keeper of the Flame who has managed to light a fire among the nearby inhabitants of fanficdom and brighten the horizon with the glow of her illuminating manuscripts.

Even though she had to work overtime to produce such a copious amount of flaming prose, the results were truly impassioned and, holy blazes, that woman is hot! (Too bad she can't light the fires in the royal kitchen as well as she writes Sam whumpage!)

Therefore, it is with fervent gratitude and delighted admiration that we honour our Royal Storyteller and Samfic Award Winner, AstroG, in Anno Domini MMV.

What will it take to produce another award winner? Oh, good citizens of Samanda, please hold the course and continue to follow in the Keeper's footsteps. May the Muse be kind to all fellow Samandans who take pen in hand and bring our beloved Queen to life with so many diverse and wondrous tales!

Officiating for the Royal Court,

Your humble Jester
    Last edited by ChopinGal; 04 April 2005, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
      I read it and I've only got 2 words: More Please!

NC
      Thank you!

And by the way, PLEASE whoever reads it, do me a fav and post your review on fanfiction.net???

I'd really appreciate it!

Here's my linkaroo...

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ubersg1fan

Feedback and blue jello always appreciated... (make sure it's Royal Blue, of course...)

Here's my email also... [email protected]

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Thank you!

And by the way, PLEASE whoever reads it, do me a fav and post your review on fanfiction.net???

I'd really appreciate it!

Here's my linkaroo...

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ubersg1fan

Feedback and blue jello always appreciated... (make sure it's Royal Blue, of course...)

Here's my email also... [email protected]
        Whee, whee, whee ... just what I need ... another diversion! My midterm papers are still not marked for this week's class! Ha! Thanks for your link - I plan to dive right in when I get home from work tonight!

May the Muse continue to inspire! I shall also be returning to Head Trip once several RL assignments get put to rest ....

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Hello Everyone...

I'm not sure what's going on but I'm still having issues with Gateworld.
          Hopefully this will go through. It's a Sam collage I did this past weekend.
          I think I've only been able to get one post through in the past four days.
          If this doesn't work I'll try back tomorrow.

Heaven

I hope you are all doing well. I've seriously missed all the fun and chatting with everyone!!

Kat
          *Very* nice montage! It makes me grin just looking at it. I like the blending you used. It flows beautifully!

SamFan31

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye
            The Royal Samandan Purple, Pink, Green, White, and Multi-Hued Jelly Bean Award goes to our very own Keeper of the Flame who has managed to light a fire among the nearby inhabitants of fanficdom and brighten the horizon with the glow of her illuminating manuscripts.
            Thanks!...although, I have to admit that I have this image of fires being fed by burning the pages of my fics...hmmm
            Even though she had to work overtime to produce such a copious amount of flaming prose, the results were truly impassioned and, holy blazes, that woman is hot! (Too bad she can't light the fires in the royal kitchen as well as she writes Sam whumpage!)
            Great plays on words (and titles), Chopingal! I must, however, bow to Skydiver when it comes to writing fics with *flaming* prose ... and I think that both MajorSam, StrixVaryia and Uber have me beat when it comes to Sam-whump! Twenty-seven times dead in Uber's latest! It's a good thing that AT plays good dead! (or was that 'gives good dead'... ermm.. ).

And, as for the fires in the Royal Kitchen... sigh... I am Kitchen-skill-poor... 'Where's the microwave?'.... and besides, I'm pretty sure that NearlyCircular admitted to having exacerbated the small flames by throwing volatile spirits upon the flames (ahem!).

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              Hello Everyone...

Heaven

I hope you are all doing well. I've seriously missed all the fun and chatting with everyone!!

Kat

Absurlutely fanTASTIC!!!

Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye

Therefore, it is with fervent gratitude and delighted admiration that we honour our Royal Storyteller and Samfic Award Winner, AstroG, in Anno Domini MMV.

What will it take to produce another award winner? Oh, good citizens of Samanda, please hold the course and continue to follow in the Keeper's footsteps. May the Muse be kind to all fellow Samandans who take pen in hand and bring our beloved Queen to life with so many diverse and wondrous tales!

Officiating for the Royal Court,

Your humble Jester
              Yes indeedy!!!

HEAR YE, HEAR YE, TO THE MOST TALENTED AND FINALLY ACKNOWLEDGED WRITER SPECTACULAR, ASTROGEOLOGIST, I HERE BY AWARD

White bean
              , The Veteran's award for the most prestigiuos, long standing members of our Court!!

The Green Bean for for Outstanding Achievements in the areas of the Samandan Court. In this case, Brilliant works of prose!

This one doesn't really work in this case, seeing as it's for the most Random bouts of excellence, but heck, she won TWO awards!!!! so, the Speckled Bean!!!

The Purple Bean i'm afraid doesn't work in this case seeing as that's the one for the monumental post counts only!

The Pink bean doesn't even exist... but hey, once again, TWO awards! So, I hereby create

the PINK BEAN!!!

The Pink Bean, an affiliate of the Samandan Court, given to those who win awards in other areas of the world (Ie) Fan Fiction awards!) Awarded if felt that the winner has most fabulously represented our Court, spreading positive lore throughout the land!!! (The colour Especially special due to a certain little Olivia )

The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Thank you very much, Madame President!

And...YUM! Erm.. we are supposed to eat them, right? (They sure look like jelly beans)

Comment

just a reminder guys, don't forget to get over to the sgfanfiction awards and nominate your favorite fic

I can tell you from experience that sam fic, and also jonas or daniel fic barely, and i mean barely makes the cut each year so every nomination and every fic is vital....unless you want all the non jack or daniel fic to get disqualified for not having enough nominations
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Right back at you, Kat! This SaGC addiction is really killing all of us - we'll have to start a recovery program and launch balloons in the sky or send messages via carrier pigeons to each other!
                    ROTFLOL! Now I know what I'll immediately think of the next time the forum goes down... balloons and carrier pigeons... Love those ideas!
                    You know, we've tossed the whole "what's with Carter in S9?" thing around so much, but did we ever consider her being "far, far away" on a mission with Thor? The little guy just loves Sam (even AT acknowledges he couldn't keep his hands off her bum) ... so maybe, now that the Replicators have folded (or have they really?!) ... well, maybe Carter is collaborating with Thor on some ingenious astrophysical breakthrough ...
                    Chopingal! You just put forth one of my 'daydreams' about stories to explain where Sam is for the first 5 episodes... Now, I know that the reason for Sam's absence is already a 'done deal', what with the filming for Season 9 starting over 4 weeks ago... so they've already chosen something and filmed some sort of dialogue with Daniel or Jack or some such that will make reference to what Sam's off doing... but they haven't let much 'out'... just that she's 'far, far away'...

So... one of the daydreams that I like to think about is that Sam's off with the Asgard... Ostensibly to study Asgard technology - because (in my daydream) they are now willing to share... but they really only trust Sam... but while away, she's also having fun... and so is Thor (get your minds out of the gutter!)... they're bee-bopping around the galaxy - or around 2 or 3 different galaxies... checking out cool astrophysical phenomena... maybe doing a little maintenance and caretaking of Asgard instruments that are scattered around the universe collecting scientific data... And Sam also gets to fly some a cool Asgard spaceship (singe-seater)... and gets to goof around and cut loose... and have some fun! Yeehaw!

Then, when she comes back to the SGC, she's got this huge-a$$ grin across her face and a bounce in her step! Rarin' to go!

Comment

Here's something for a little fun...
                      Guess The Episode

...or make up your own episode title...
                      ...or make up your own caption...
                      Photos are from http://www.stargatesg1971.com/index.html

Comment

we have even less time than i thought
                        *permission to forward*

Just a quick reminder that the nomination period for this year's
                        Stargate
                        Fan Awards ends this coming Sunday, April 10th -- which means that if
                        you
                        haven't yet nominated your favourite authors or artists, you have less
                        than
                        a week to do so.

The nomination form (as well as the rules, FAQ, and anything else you
                        need
                        to know) can be found at http://stargatefanawards.com/

Happy nominating!

The Awards Team

sigpic

Comment

And here's an audio clip to identify... (probably way too easy for you folks.. but I still thought it was fun).

Click to listen to the mp3 file
                          The audio clip is from http://www.stargatesg1971.com/index.html

Comment

Oh, another thing, The Spacey Awards are once again going, not nearly as many noms as last year ( ) including our own Queen being shafted from Fave TV Female Character (Grrr...) There are still a few ones Stargate is up for!!! I think you can vote once a day... Or once from each computer or something... Last year Stargate won for Best Canadian Series by I think 60 something %!!! Got it year before that too. KEEP IT UP!!!!

Vote Here http://www.spacecast.com/spaceys05/viewerschoice.asp

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                            And here's an audio clip to identify... (probably way too easy for you folks.. but I still thought it was fun).

Click to listen to the mp3 file
                            The audio clip is from http://www.stargatesg1971.com/index.html

HAHA, Indeed a wee bit easy there. Are we slipping in the wake of Awards Celebrations

Spoiler:
                            Emancipation!!!

One of my fave quotes, haha, it's so funny!
                            Spoiler:
                            She knows how to Souffle though
                            The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                            |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Guess The Episode

it's from summit

caption:

sam : oh my god...he's got plumber's butt...and a...dad? a thong????
                              jacob: it's actually quite comfortable
                              sam: scarred for life. I am scarred for life

sigpic

Comment

Guess The Episode

Spoiler:
                                Reckoning II

Jacob: I'm sorry Jack...you can ask until you are blue in the face, but it's never going to happen.

Jack: Ya know Jacob...it's times like these when I can tell where Carter gets her stubbornness.

Jacob: What can I say...at least she was lucky enough to get her mother's eyes and intelligence.

Comment

Working...
                                X