Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    yeah, just a reminder, i only count what comes to me via pm's or e-mails (or rep points )

if you just say so in the thread, i won't count it
    How long do we have left to decide?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

polls close sunday or so. i usually announce it on monday

and every vote counts, this is gonna be a close one

right now it's

broken out through 4 eps
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fishyone
        I do like that picture. Of course, my current favorite is actually from Arthur's Mantle (makes an appearance in my ship walls ). But I'm going to be a bit nit picky... I'm a Sam and Daniel shipper, not a Sam and Dan shipper... I personally can't stand it when people shorten his name to Dan. He's just not a Dan to me. Actually, on the s/d thread, we agreed to call them the Science Twins.

But I digress...

*thinks of something to get on-topic*

Ah, I wanted to ask if anyone knew of a good vid of Sam that was ship free. I really like Sam's character, but I have a hard time finding vids that are not... well, S/J... and that's obviously not my preferred pairing...

Sorry if anyone's asked that question before...and I hope I'm not offending anyone by asking...
        ok, i wasn't actually calling him dan because i think anyone EVER does. i shortened it deliberately to make a (obviously very poor) mini joke at the almost rhyming of the name when put like that. (for example, sam and cameron doesn't rhyme, sam and cam does).

it was in jest. that and in this particular case dan was quicker than daniel. like shep instead of sheppard.

didn't mean to offend or anything. had no idea it was that big a deal. although i understand. personally it bugs me a little bit when people randomly call sam "samantha" for no apparant reason. i get all "samantha? where'd that come from?".

sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          Amanda and Jewel Staited hey....

Sam/Kaylee?
          has anyone got a rolled up newspaper handy? no? aw well i'll just smack him with my fist instead!

Comment

well i'm guessing by the talk here about grace my vote will once again loose by a landslide. i seem to be picking the underdogs in this thing. but i stand by my decisions! (mostly)

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
              well i'm guessing by the talk here about grace my vote will once again loose by a landslide. i seem to be picking the underdogs in this thing. but i stand by my decisions! (mostly)
              I think that my option (Heroes pt 2) is going to lose, Barbie. I thought that episode was excellent for showing Sam's relationships, and not just her hallucinated versions of them. I thought the nuances in that episode were fantastic.
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                I think that my option (Heroes pt 2) is going to lose, Barbie. I thought that episode was excellent for showing Sam's relationships, and not just her hallucinated versions of them. I thought the nuances in that episode were fantastic.
                me too, but i picked death knell because i felt it covered so many different elements of sam. i loved heroes, but i don't feel that it was a sam episode, even though we did get some really great sam moments in it. in both parts of the episode. but it was death knell for me i'm afraid. sorry for anyone else who picked it, but i seem to be cursed! i tend to pick the underdog episodes. (stupid underdog!)

Comment

me too, but i picked death knell because i felt it covered so many different elements of sam. i loved heroes, but i don't feel that it was a sam episode, even though we did get some really great sam moments in it. in both parts of the episode. but it was death knell for me i'm afraid. sorry for anyone else who picked it, but i seem to be cursed! i tend to pick the underdog episodes. (stupid underdog!)
                  I'm torn between "Grace" and "Death Knell". I watched them both again but it didn't help - so many great things about both episodes.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

It's a tough choice for S7, there were so many powerhouse eps in general and many with Sam both in focus and taking the cake. I'm trying to decide between those two, but also Heros & Lost City. I loved Sam in both of those two ep arcs.. just somethin about S7 Sam..hope we see her again sometime.

Originally posted by ReganX
                    I'm torn between "Grace" and "Death Knell". I watched them both again but it didn't help - so many great things about both episodes.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                      That's a case where I'd probably vote for Grace as best AT acting, but not best episode.
                      I agree. I'd be torn between Heroes and The Lost City for best episode. They both have there pluses. This would be a very difficult choice but for now as the best Sam based episode, 'Grace' gets my vote hands down .

Comment

ok, i wasn't actually calling him dan because i think anyone EVER does. i shortened it deliberately to make a (obviously very poor) mini joke at the almost rhyming of the name when put like that. (for example, sam and cameron doesn't rhyme, sam and cam does).

it was in jest. that and in this particular case dan was quicker than daniel. like shep instead of sheppard.

didn't mean to offend or anything. had no idea it was that big a deal. although i understand. personally it bugs me a little bit when people randomly call sam "samantha" for no apparant reason. i get all "samantha? where'd that come from?".

sorry.
                        LOL at the 'samantha' comment - because it's my reaction too

Comment

Still home sick ... looking for some new Sam whumpage ... especially after just watching Desperate Measures and getting angry all over again at the lack of focus on Sam at the end ... we just tossed this around a few pages back, but seeing the show again made me growl ... if they wanted the confrontation with Adrian and shooting at the end, they should have let Sam be the one to see him one more time ... aargh ....

Anyhow, aside from Sky's wonderful fic for Desperate Measures and Strix's "Knife's Edge" ... are there any other good fics about this episode?

Thanks, Samandans.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                            Haha, yes, very nice. OK, OK, name the series you wish you could see or could've seen AT in.

"West Wing" was listed last week during that discussion. I know I've got a couple of pals in here who'd agree with me when I say "Law and Order: SVU."

Since she seems to like it so much (and I've gotten back into it, myself), "ER" would be cool, too.
                            I'd love to see AT play a starky character on House. Give House a taste of his own medicine.

Comment

sorry.
                              I wasn't offended. It's just a thing I have... because I know a Dan/Danny and he is soo unlike Daniel, but that's the image that comes to mind for "Dan." So when someone says SamandDan... It makes me think of the Dan I know... And I don't ship that, lol!

I hate rhyming ships, too. Worst one ever is on Battlestar Galactica right now... But I'm digressing again.

I agree, Sam really isn't a Samantha.
                              The really disturbing thing is, this is me on a GOOD day.

Comment

Just checked kawoosh really quick and I didn't see that anyone had made a vid to Shania Twain's "She's not just a pretty face." It struck me today that that song would make a good Sam vid... Since she has all these different roles on Stargate...

Has anyone done it, and I'm just too much of a newb to find it? (If not, maybe a talented vidder could consider it?)
                                The really disturbing thing is, this is me on a GOOD day.

Comment

Working...
                                X