Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG1Poz
    I was wondering why Heroes wasn't part of the nominations! I love Heroes and especially part 2 which was the climax of the two parter.
    The emotion Sam (AT) showed was so heartfelt that I had to run for the tissue box.
    ..But as the best Sam episode in season 7, I have to pick Grace. Sam displayed every emotion in the book and took command of the situation. She over came her pain. When facing the worst odds, tuned into her inner strength and tenaciuosness through imagination, saving not only herself but the crew too.
    Great post, SG1Poz!
    Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
    ANNND....the moment you've all been waiting for--unless you didn't know about it or don't care: The Samandan Membership Cards are ready!!! (unless you decide they suck)

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    pretty cool, huh?

taa daa! i used myself because i can't for the life of me remember who asked for one.
    suggestions? flames? requests? grievances? kindly send them to...me.
    i have an old and incomplete list of our Royal People, but if you want it changed/unoffical, state so in your message. if this has already been done, i blame...whoever told me to do this...probably regan and ladyjeep.
    I get a message that the image has been moved or something...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Excellent job, PR!

((((((((((ParadoxRealities)))))))))))))

So, where's MY card?

*cheesy grin*
      Please one for me also.

Thanks Ancient 61
      Joanne

Comment

In case this hasn't been recced before, here's a nice very early team fic by betacandy:
        Assess This
        http://community.livejournal.com/bet...gfic/3529.html

Set right after Emancipation, it's from Fraiser's POV when she meets SG-1 for the first time.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
          In case this hasn't been recced before, here's a nice very early team fic by betacandy:
          Assess This
          http://community.livejournal.com/bet...gfic/3529.html

Set right after Emancipation, it's from Fraiser's POV when she meets SG-1 for the first time.
          Wonderful fic rec, Strix! Love the sense of humor and the characterizations.

Comment

Thank you kindly, PR!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              i'm going to toot my own horn here and ask everyone to take a look at a letter i wrote and got published on scifi.com's website. here be the link -

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/letters/index.html

sally
              Good job on the letter Sally and congrats on getting it posted
              Last edited by Forestia; 16 May 2006, 12:47 AM.
              Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
              Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Hey guess what? Something I've done has been nominated for a Stargate Fan Award.

Hey guess what: Part Deux? I don't know what it is. LOL

I contacted the person from there who emailed me to notify me and they said they'd get back to me on it.

I figured I'd post it here since most of my stargate related creative endeavors have been about Amanda or Sam almost exclusively...so it seemed appropriate.

If too OT, I am willing to submit to Samandan Security for punishment. So 1Speed? Agent Dark? I'm sure you'll let me know if I was out of place.

But be gentle...I bruise easily.

*whimpers*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Uber
                  Hey guess what? Something I've done has been nominated for a Stargate Fan Award.

I contacted the person from there who emailed me to notify me and they said they'd get back to me on it.

I figured I'd post it here since most of my stargate related creative endeavors have been about Amanda or Sam almost exclusively...so it seemed appropriate.

If too OT, I am willing to submit to Samandan Security for punishment. So 1Speed? Agent Dark? I'm sure you'll let me know if I was out of place.

*whimpers*
                  :dodgy:
                  Last edited by Agent_Dark; 16 May 2006, 01:21 AM.

Comment

*whimpers*

Congrats on whatever it is

Great job PR!
                    Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                    Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

From what the mail said, I imagine that they want people to be aware that they've been nommed and are ironing out the bugs in the program that will allow authors to see the works they've been nommed for and decide which category they'll be placed in.

But congratulations! It's always good to be nominated for these things: I tend to take the nomination more seriously than winning anything (although the winning is nice as well! ), since voting can (and often does) skew towards Big-Name-Fans and people who write happily-ever-after fic.

Well done!

Sel.

Comment

*whimpers*

many folks have been nommed, and none of them know what for

how the awards are doing it this year is to tell you you've been nommed via a form letter, then to contact you personally with a list of what you have and let you choose where it goes

you'll just have to be patient
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

this is how it goes

Congratulations! One or more of your works has been nominated for the 2006 Stargate Fan Awards!

In the next few days, you will receive another email message with instructions on how to view and update your nomination information. This year, authors and artists will be placing their nominated works into the appropriate award categories. To do this, we will provide you with a password-protected account so that you can access all of your nominations. Look for your login information in an upcoming email message from us.

Remember, you can keep up to ten (10) works in the awards with a maximum of one per sub-category. For those of you with more than 10 nominated works, you will need to decide which ones to cull.

You MUST place your nominations by the deadline (approximately two weeks). If you do not, your nominations will be deleted. YOU WILL RECEIVE THE DEADLINE DATE when you receive your login information.

If you do not want to participate in these awards, you don't need to do anything. If you don't place your works, then we will delete them. If you'd like to allow some but not all of your nominations, that's no problem. Just access your nominations account and delete the ones that you don't want to include.

If you receive this email message more than once on different email accounts, please let us know which email address that you prefer by either replying to this message with your correct email address or emailing us at [email protected] .

Good luck!

____

so, for the time being, anyone that gets one of these just needs to chill and wait. they'll get login info in a few days and then they can see what has been nommed and decide from there
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I know you don't like all the hoopla and attention, so I downsized the cake, but I couldn't resist the pics and captions.

NC

Comment

DJ
                              TJ
                              Squee
                              ancient
                              i don't forget easily.
                              mine are other peoples' dieing?
                              i miss anyone?
                              EDIT:
                              HAPPY BIRTHDAY SALLY!!!
                              sigpic
                              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                                LOL! Nope. Vala's not malicious, vengeful or cruel (imo) - at least not in the evil sense. And this particular character had it all.

Spoiler:
                                Think Hathor, Osiris and the Destroyer of Worlds, with a little RepliCarter mixed in for good measure
                                But those are just typical villain characteristics. Pretty scary.
                                Ah, I was unclear [as usual], or you don't read spoilers, what I meant was
                                Spoiler:
                                Vala's daughter for next year. I believe she is supposed to be an evil Ori something... priestess? goddess? - which would make her correlate nicely with the examples you gave. So, this time it is the daughter that is evil, whereas in the Samantha story you mentioned, I gather it was the mother.

Sorry for the misunderstanding! But unfortunately, if you don't read spoilers and haven't peeked at my spoiler, then you have no idea what I am talking about!

Comment

Working...
                                X