Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX
    I don't remember him ever raising a hand to her, even when he was convinced that Apophis was the greatest thing since sliced bread. There is a definite element of protectiveness in Teal'c's behaviour towards Sam.
    Hmm not sure he ever laid a hand on her, but he came close to fryin her in this scene.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      I guess we both feel the opposite. I do feel (as you mentioned). Even though I'm vocal and not necessarily intimidated from posting my pro shipper POV, I do feel (often) that the POV is not necessarily welcomed. Whether it's me saying it, or CJ or Uber or whomever else.

But ya know what? In the end, I realized something far more important than all that right before my last post - I was getting all worked up too and upset, and I thought - WHY? It was my own damn fault for bringing it up, that's why.

I don't resent any of you, and certainly Strix I consider YOU a friend. Whether we're both of the same mindset over Samanda's collective view of fanfiction seems like such a silly trivial thing at the end of that. It's FANFICTION and "SHIP". How less consequential to life can you get? Worth debating, perhaps - arguing over? No way.

So I just wanna let it go. Obviously, each of us feels our own version of "my POV isn't widely accepted here", so I'm quite hoping to just let us agree that (whatever those opinions are), the friendships we all have mean more than they do, and it's not worth upsetting one another over it.

I certainly never meant to cause you undue resentment.

Hugs,
      geek
      Ok, can I just ask a question? I've always considered myself to be a fence walker regarding the S/J relationship as I am rather unbiased and hold no ill-feelings regarding S/J being together. I adore Sam and Jack. I absolutely LOVE Rick and Amanda. I enjoyed the S/J banter and their early relationship and the idea of them being together doesn't make me ill( as long as if it were written properly); however, that being said...Sam is not one half of Sam & Jack. They are separate entities; therefore, I do not understand why ship has to constantly be discussed on this thread. As Strix mentioned this IS the Pro-Sam thread, it's not Pro-S/J, or even Pro-ship. There are plenty of other threads out there to discuss the Sam pairing of your dreams. Yes, I believe the angst/issues between Sam & Jack are canon, but regardless of how we may feel about the Sam & Jack issue we all have one thing in common on this thread and that is our love for Amanda and Sam. I understand everyone may feel at times that their POV is in the minority, but as long as everyone keeps an open mind and remains considerate to one other, what does it really matter if a fic has Sam paired with Jack, Daniel, Teal'c or Janet...as long as the heroine of the story is Sam...that's all that should really matter is it not?

No one should feel embarrassed for posting a fic with S/J undertones, neither should anyone feel embarrassed about not enjoying S/J together. The thing that makes Samanda so unique and special is the fact that we can discuss all the things we admire about Sam without turning the discussion into WWIII. Which to me is a pretty amazing feat in and of itself, since we all tend to have so many different viewpoints regarding Sam's love life.

Edit: Ok, my reply is really late and really old and I've already deleted three other replies to previous posts and I'm not doing it again. Just ignore it for crying out loud!!
      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 13 May 2006, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        I'd feel uncool reccing a Sam/Jack fic
        Hmm, wouldn't being 'uncool for reccing a S/J fic' require you to be 'cool' to start?

DOH!

Comment

That would assume you were actually cool BEFORE you rec-ed the fic, there, AD. And you know what they say happens when you assume...

ROFLMAO! GM's and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
            "motivational" posters:
            Persistence from s7 Grace
            Experience from s1 CotG, s6 NW, s9 Stronghold. contains Jack.
            Aptitude from s9 AM. contains Teal'c. WARNING: Anti-Mitchell.
            More Please.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
              A humorous fic (S/J light) :

The Flyboy by syxp
              http://home.comcast.net/~s_pasquarello/TheFlyboy.html
              thank you for posting the link

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                So this won't be a GABIT event.

With Rick there, it'll be a GRABIT event. (Get Rick & Amanda Back in Town)

Eh? Eh?!???

Aw come on. That's funny.

Oh yeah, I get it...just wish I could get there though. Bummed out now that I heard they were doing this coz I know I won't be able to get there, (unless I win the lottery!!!). Good luck to all of you who get to go - have fun and tell RDA and AT that that Aussies want them there too!! Anyhoo, to all you mums out there - HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!
                (Oh wow - got 200 post - yay me!!!)
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  Hmm not sure he ever laid a hand on her, but he came close to fryin her in this scene.

Spoiler:

I dont know what it is about this scene but I always just really liked it.
                  Super cool, super scientest, super soldier sam.... goes right to Dad.

Of Course the scene right before that with the "theres zero chance I will be able to get this door open" [the door opens] "ok, maybe not zero..." That was hilarious too.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Spoiler:

Oh, Kat, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! I love that scene! Amanda's expression and the way that Jacob still takes his little girl in his arms, it's adorable. The animated gifs are so hypnotising too!
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                      You're not the only one noticing it Mini. In an ideal world all would be free to speak without apology or labelling.. but the human race will have to change before that happens. Personally I just wander about apologizing for nothing, I just make sure I don't wear my pretty clothes for when the rotten vege throwing starts. Read any good Sam/Vala fic lately [ducks flying objects]
                      Well how about: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1127

continued with: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1146

Oh yeah, you said good Sam/Vala fics...Ooops
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                        Oh yeah, you said good Sam/Vala fics...Ooops

I want some more Sam/Vala fics (not necessarily slashy - but those too ). I also have a craving for some Sam/RepliCarter fic - lord I love RepliCarter at the minute; I can not put my love for her into words adequately. AT rocks rocks rocks...

Spoiler:
                        scarimor

Comment

Spoiler:

He was also ready to zat her a few times in Entity, even at the end when she was back in her body
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

This one is amazingly powerful. S/J, AUs collide, don't read it Sal!

Fleeting by Sharim
                            http://sharim.livejournal.com/412398.html

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR
                              You asked, you pleaded. We were listening.

Richard Dean Anderson and Amanda Tapping together. A very special event to be held early 2007. It’s no longer a dream.

The Gabit website will be updated within the next few weeks with more information.

We told you some things in life were worth waiting for.

The G4
                              Gabit Events
                              Wow! I mean, just WOW!
                              sigpic

Comment

Yes. And I don't know that anything can be "done" by any one person. It would involve a shift in point of view, I suppose, primarily among shippers themselves - to not give in to the impluse to feel peer-pressured into reticence (here) about expressing an enjoying that kind of story (Sally excluded <GRIN>).

I see a specific trend here, and I'm pointing out. What we'll do (or not do) with it, I can't begin to anticipate.

But I AM getting private rep and PM comments this afternoon which look like this:

and this:

These are active SAMANDANS. They're not lurkers. So... apparently, the reticence is alive and well, and the arguments (largely coming from non shippers I see ) are valid, however if my point is that a segment of this group feels this way and I'm the only one (shall we say not reticent) to post about it, my POV will, undoubtedly, be swallowed by the ensuing onslaught of the people who don't feel reticent - because well, they DON'T feel reticent, so they're posting.

Make sense? Gimme some credit here before you dismiss me off hand. Maybe I'm the only one crazy enough to stick my head out and risk it getting blown off. Fact is, I'm trying to champion a pov from a group of people who (by definition) are too shy, worried, intimidated or otherwise unwilling to post their feelings on this matter publicly HERE (in this particular thread). So I guess I am trapped in a catch 22. But I'm certainly not whistling dixie (as well as I may whistle it!).

minigeek
                                Okay. So that you're not the only one sticking your neck out, I'm one of the one's who greened rep you for it.

For instance, the other day when I recommended Annerb's "Exodus" here, I actually hesitated and thought about whether I should. Then I thought, there are shippers here so I should recommend it. Then I had to sit and think about how to recommend it, because I didn't want anyone to get upset about a ship fic, but then it was so good that the shippiness factor didn't really affect anything about it. And then finally I just posted it with a warning and let it be.

But it was a tough decision.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X