Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by majorsal
    the only fans i've ever seen not like sam (and i'm talking serious dislike) are those that are ticked at her for taking their preferred ship pairing away or taking away screen time from their preferred character. really.




    sally

    Well... In all fairness, I think one could objectively say that many of Sam's fans have behaved the same way with the new characters. Or, at least I know I have, if I'm being completely honest with myself.

    I suppose, it's all in the way each group gets their point across in the end. There are, however, extremists in every "party," though - and they manage to taint the whole group when given the chance. There are many people on this forum whom I entrust to keyboard-slam my face if I ever cross the line, though (you kinda know it when you see it), and I'm extending this invitation to anyone on Samanda.


    Oh, to be only a Teal'c fanatic!
    Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 09 May 2006, 12:21 AM.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      Women are allowed to fly in combat aircraft in combat missions. I think its more due to the problems of giving people who work in highly classified positions awards that would rouse suspicion. The same reason soldiers who work in Special Forces often miss out on awards and career opportunities.
      well, can' they give the medals to her...but forbid her to wear them?

      since it'd bring up too many questions, then she could get the awards she might be due but still not compromise things
      Where in the World is George Hammond?


      sigpic

      Comment


        Originally posted by Skydiver
        well, can' they give the medals to her...but forbid her to wear them?

        since it'd bring up too many questions, then she could get the awards she might be due but still not compromise things
        That's an idea. Can anybody remember if she had fewer ribbons when she was wearing dress blues outside the SGC than on formal occasions within the SGC?

        Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

        Comment


          Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          Women are allowed to fly in combat aircraft in combat missions. I think its more due to the problems of giving people who work in highly classified positions awards that would rouse suspicion. The same reason soldiers who work in Special Forces often miss out on awards and career opportunities.
          Thanks for the info! I didn't know if this was the case or not. I guess it would be difficult to award someone a prestigious award that requires combat experience if they supposedly work at NORAD. It would definitely be hard to explain how someone in 'deep space radar telemetry' was involved in combat. I guess we will have to wait for the Stargate program to become public for Sam to get all the awards she deserves.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Skydiver
            well, can' they give the medals to her...but forbid her to wear them?

            since it'd bring up too many questions, then she could get the awards she might be due but still not compromise things
            often its may not wearing (which is basically optional) them so much as the publicity surrounding receiving/approving (which in some cases have to be public to one degree or another).
            sigpic
            "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
            Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

            Comment


              Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              Oh, to be only a Teal'c fanatic!
              Having a Teal'c fanatic in the house is not a pretty sight....let me tell ya.
              It was all I could do to control Kallesta's giggling and cheering when she saw the new Teal'c action figure.

              "Momma! Look it's Teal'c. Isn't he funny? Oooh I want one of those. Please. Please. PLEASE momma. I want a Teal'c doll. Hey is that Carter? Do you want a Carter doll? I just want a Teal'c doll. You can have Sam and I can have Teal'c. That's a good deal, isn't it?"

              Comment


                Originally posted by KatG
                For those of you who don't mind a little ship with your team, Annerb has a new fic that's just fantastic.

                http://www.annerb.com/exodus.html
                I read that one, it was breathtaking. So fatalistic and sad, it had Jack, Daniel, and Sam in such horrible, unenviable positions.

                I highly second this rec!

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ReganX
                  That's an idea. Can anybody remember if she had fewer ribbons when she was wearing dress blues outside the SGC than on formal occasions within the SGC?
                  I doubt they put that much thought into it. Just give her some medals and make it look good. For an officer like Sam, I would think she would have more medals than they have given her. She has no where near the amount of medals O'Neill had when the series first started.
                  sigpic

                  my fanfic

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Having a Teal'c fanatic in the house is not a pretty sight....let me tell ya.
                    It was all I could do to control Kallesta's giggling and cheering when she saw the new Teal'c action figure.

                    "Momma! Look it's Teal'c. Isn't he funny? Oooh I want one of those. Please. Please. PLEASE momma. I want a Teal'c doll. Hey is that Carter? Do you want a Carter doll? I just want a Teal'c doll. You can have Sam and I can have Teal'c. That's a good deal, isn't it?"
                    teal'c AND sam???

                    she's got such great tastes
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?


                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      I doubt they put that much thought into it. Just give her some medals and make it look good. For an officer like Sam, I would think she would have more medals than they have given her. She has no where near the amount of medals O'Neill had when the series first started.
                      i've seen real AF officers on game shows that are of a much lower rank than sam, and much younger, who have more medals

                      sam's medals is something hte af advisor should be doing, but they don't seem to care

                      i'm far from an expert,but i'd think that sam should have 4 rows or so of medals by now
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?


                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Skydiver
                        thanks for not voting...cause then i'd hae had to cast the tie breaker vote and that woulda been hard

                        and speaking of voting, know how many i have for s6????

                        ONE.

                        just one
                        Six is hard, too. I'm thinking.

                        "Momma! Look it's Teal'c. Isn't he funny? Oooh I want one of those. Please. Please. PLEASE momma. I want a Teal'c doll. Hey is that Carter? Do you want a Carter doll? I just want a Teal'c doll. You can have Sam and I can have Teal'c. That's a good deal, isn't it?"
                        Sounds like a fair deal to me. My nephew loves Teal'c too. He made me a little Teal'c doll out of clay. He's only six, it's very adorable.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Deejay435
                          Six is hard, too. I'm thinking.



                          Sounds like a fair deal to me. My nephew loves Teal'c too. He made me a little Teal'c doll out of clay. He's only six, it's very adorable.
                          What happens when in S10 when
                          Spoiler:
                          they see him in silver paint and not much else


                          Oops I think Sky just had a heart attack
                          sigpic

                          my fanfic

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Skydiver
                            i've seen real AF officers on game shows that are of a much lower rank than sam, and much younger, who have more medals

                            sam's medals is something hte af advisor should be doing, but they don't seem to care

                            i'm far from an expert,but i'd think that sam should have 4 rows or so of medals by now
                            Well, the AF advisor has never been too concerned with the accuracy when it comes to the medals. Jacob who was a Major General only had five in Secrets. Of course, they were pretty impressive ones like the Legion of Merit and the Distinguished Flying Cross - but still...Sam now has more than her father did.

                            And as for Jack... he had more medals than anyone else (except for Hammond), even though he was just a Colonel.

                            But I agree... Sam should have more.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Deejay435
                              I read that one, it was breathtaking. So fatalistic and sad, it had Jack, Daniel, and Sam in such horrible, unenviable positions.

                              I highly second this rec!
                              and i third it.

                              fantastic fic. and the ship isn't too horribly OTT and mushy...it's jsut right
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?


                              sigpic

                              Comment


                                i'm going to give a try to the barbra-songs-to-sam-eps thinger.

                                here beith the songs.

                                spoilers for ALL seasons

                                s
                                a
                                m


                                song 'a sleepin' bee' sam ep hathor wakes up from her deep freeze that jack put her in, but with revenge against sam in her mind.

                                'cry me a river' - sam deals with her jolinar memories.

                                'i stayed too long at the fair' - sam comes back to the sgc, but feeling that maybe she doesn't have a place there anymore when she sees how well the team is doing without her. or so she thinks.

                                'lover come back to me' - sam loses martouf to her own hand.

                                'people' - strange neighbors in sam's hood. are they bad?

                                'my man' - sam fights to bring colonel o'neill back home, only to find he's been playing in someone else's sandbox.

                                'second hand rose' - sam's feeling taken for granted.

                                'he touched me' - sam is kidnapped by fifth. he tortures her for revenge.

                                'don't rain on my parade' - sam meets mckay.

                                'happy days are here again' - mckay leaves.

                                'on a clear day' - sam is marooned on the prometheus.

                                'stoney end' - janet gives sam some ' special' brownies.

                                'since i fell for you' - sam meets pete.

                                'what are you doing the rest of your life?' - sam is proposed to by pete.

                                'the way we were' - 25 years into the future, and sam has a party and brings back her old team to reminisce.

                                'all in love is fair' - sam breaks up with pete.

                                'lazy afternoon' - sam spends the day just relaxing. 10 minutes in, she goes batty and goes into her garage and builds a mini stargate.

                                'evergreen' - sam talks to her plants. what happens when they talk back?

                                'my hearts belongs to me' - too many men hitting on sam. men!

                                'you don't bring me flowers' - they didn't remember her birthday. would they notice if she just disappeared?

                                'the main event/fight' - sam has a showdown with replicarter.

                                'no more tears' - sam loses janet.



                                cd 2

                                'woman in love' - jack. jaaaack.

                                'guilty' - sam leaves fifth behind.

                                'coming' in and out of your life' - jolinar's memories come at the worst times.

                                'memory' - sam remembers being stranded in the mainframe computer.

                                'papa, can you hear me?' - sam loses her dad.

                                'a piece of sky' - sam test flys the newest goauld/earth hybrid glider.

                                'putting it together' - is someone deceiving sam?

                                'not while i'm around' - sam comforts cassie, while she deals with losing yet another mother.

                                'send in the clowns' - the sgc has a new efficiency expert.

                                'somewhere' - sam searches for happiness. is it in her own backyard?

                                'all i ask of you' - sam reads janet's will.

                                'children will listen' - sam meets a mysterious little girl named grace.

                                'as if we never said goodbye' - sam realizes a piece of jolinar still exists. in a stranger named vala.

                                'i finally found someone' - sam finds herself.

                                'tell him' - sam tries to tell jack how she feels. bashing him upside the head is next.

                                'i've dreamed of you' - sam's second symbiote is saying hi. can't a woman get a goodnight's sleep?

                                'someday my prince will come' - ha. more like someday his queen will say when and how.

                                'you'll never walk alone' - sam takes a nasty blow to the head and falls into a coma. she sees her lost loved ones, who guide her back home.




                                wow, that was hard! and fun!





                                sally
                                sally

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X