X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chocdoc
    I think this is what you are referring to---spoilers for season 10:

Spoiler:
    Spoilers for Counterstrike at Solutions states that Carter ambushes several Jaffa to save Mitchell and Teal'c. At least she is in the episode doing something. GW's spoilers don't mention this, but Solution spoilers has Carter playing an active role in this one. I don't think The Company of Thieves spoilers refer to anything AU. I don't think TPTB have problems continuing to kill off commanders, it seems. If this is what happens in this episode---it won't be easy on Carter witnessing this.
    Spoiler:
    that's assuming they do any kind of character development, or exploration or followup on it. carter witnesses the death of another ships commander, has an initial oh-my-god reaction, then nothing happens. oh well, they're all used to it by now!

carter gets taken over by an alien entity, then nothing happens. well come on people, similar things have happened. its not like she should be affected by it or anything!

(i'm not saying that she's the only character that this happens with, but i am saying that its a bit irritating. oooh i'm in a great mood tonight! )

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
      CAPTION ME:

Sam: Sir... I thought *YOU* were paying for dinner this time...
      Jack: Carter, you know they won't take Mastercard.
      wow, jack, i know that you wanted to get me a big stone and all...but i was thinking more of something that would fit ON my hand, not IN my hand
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

CAPTION ME:

Sam: i swear to god jack, if you make one more wizard of oz reference i will hurt you. seriously, your as bad as teal'c and his star wars references!

Teal'c & Jack: Hey!

Comment

Caption Me if You Can:

Jack: (sniffs hard)
          Sam: Hey, now! That wasn't me.
          Teal'c (thinking): No more three bean burritos for breakfast...
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

you know, playing the devils advocate here...and we all know that i'm Miss Negative for a reason

it is VERY possible that the spoilers are being artificially spun valaified because some brilliant soul at skiffy actually believes that she's a huge draw. (and she is to some...just not to all)

i remember s7 adn when shanks came back. the early eps, everything was skewed 'all is right with the world, daniel has returned'...and it fizzled cause, for the most part, no one cared

it's POSSIBLE that things have been tweaked and twisted and they can't/won't realize that, far from being appealing, it's actually having the opposite effect

sigpic

Comment

Caption Me if You Can:

hehehe. very good !

sigpic

Comment

Caption Me if You Can:

Jack: No dammit Carter, I finally got my chair and I'm not giving it up.
                Sam: But Sir, Teal'c and I have to sit where we are to run the ship.
                Teal'c: O'Neill, why can't Jonas Quinn sit on your lap?
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Well... will leave you with some 2010 caps... and get an hour or two's worth of writing in....

Some of the many moods of Sam:

Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                  My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    you know, playing the devils advocate here...and we all know that i'm Miss Negative for a reason

it is VERY possible that the spoilers are being artificially spun valaified because some brilliant soul at skiffy actually believes that she's a huge draw. (and she is to some...just not to all)

i remember s7 adn when shanks came back. the early eps, everything was skewed 'all is right with the world, daniel has returned'...and it fizzled cause, for the most part, no one cared

it's POSSIBLE that things have been tweaked and twisted and they can't/won't realize that, far from being appealing, it's actually having the opposite effect

This could be very true. It is odd that when Daniel came back the ratings really didn't do that great at all -- that is go higher than season 6 on average. It wasn't until the second half of season 7 that the ratings started to get better and better, and continued on an upward swing in season 8.

But I have a question about spoilers. What do people think is the motivation behind the spoilers---in other words, are they strategically given out to various people so that the larger online audience gets them, or do they just reflect the casting sides that are distributed publically, and really don't reflect any PR motivation? The casting sides are just a few pages of the script, right? And they reflect more about when the regular characters may be interacting with guest stars? So, are spoilers strategically distributed or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      but mitch is the hewo. and no one can speak ill of the hewo.

all must bow down to his great hewoness and bask in his hewoic glory

only mean evil baddies speak ill of the hewo
                      I do so want a fic where ickle-Mitchie-kins thinks that's Sam in the cell with him in yet another 'captured by the baddies' situation, and has rather a rude awakening when it's RepliCarter there in pursuit of her own aims, and a worse one when the real Sam saves his sorry butt after RepliCarter has given him her considered opinion of him and left him to quip his way out of the dungeon - and Sam agrees with RepliCarter when poor Cammie repeats how the big mean evil mean nasty mean robot was mean to poor wittle him.

Unfortunately, I cannot imagine RepliCarter actually pausing to bother with Mitchell myself. It'd be shish-kebab-Cambo and on about her business - and Real!Sam would be too busy doing everything in her field medic power (I think she is and was SG-1's field medic ) to keep the poor wittle ting alive to get him through the Gate to even hear his whining. Dang.
                      ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Caption Me if You Can:

jack panics when he makes jonas and teal'c cry by revealing that Alf isn't really an alien. he turns to carter for help, only to discover its news to her too.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                          jack panics when he makes jonas and teal'c cry by revealing that Alf isn't really an alien. he turns to carter for help, only to discover its news to her too.
                          What! what do you mean Alf isn't really an alien
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                            What! what do you mean Alf isn't really an alien
                            he is, he is! it was a joke. a very bad joke. we've been over this already on another thread. i like bad jokes. of course Alf is an alien. that show was a documentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                              I do so want a fic where ickle-Mitchie-kins thinks that's Sam in the cell with him in yet another 'captured by the baddies' situation, and has rather a rude awakening when it's RepliCarter there in pursuit of her own aims, and a worse one when the real Sam saves his sorry butt after RepliCarter has given him her considered opinion of him and left him to quip his way out of the dungeon - and Sam agrees with RepliCarter when poor Cammie repeats how the big mean evil mean nasty mean robot was mean to poor wittle him.

Unfortunately, I cannot imagine RepliCarter actually pausing to bother with Mitchell myself. It'd be shish-kebab-Cambo and on about her business - and Real!Sam would be too busy doing everything in her field medic power (I think she is and was SG-1's field medic ) to keep the poor wittle ting alive to get him through the Gate to even hear his whining. Dang.
                              ooh, great idea!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                                This could be very true. It is odd that when Daniel came back the ratings really didn't do that great at all -- that is go higher than season 6 on average. It wasn't until the second half of season 7 that the ratings started to get better and better, and continued on an upward swing in season 8.

But I have a question about spoilers. What do people think is the motivation behind the spoilers---in other words, are they strategically given out to various people so that the larger online audience gets them, or do they just reflect the casting sides that are distributed publically, and really don't reflect any PR motivation? The casting sides are just a few pages of the script, right? And they reflect more about when the regular characters may be interacting with guest stars? So, are spoilers strategically distributed or not?
                                i think they are. I think they're tweaked and leaked to gague reactions or generate a response

i personally think that the s10 promotion will be so heavily valaified that the spoilers will match that...emphasize vala and cam and the farscape connection to the exclusion of all else...even to the point of 'tricking' people to watch a vala centric eps that may not really be one

to someone, she is the end all and be all of the show

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X