Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    What's going on in our heroine's mind in this photo?

Guess The Episode
    *Sam thinking*

Hmmm... Samantha Carter-O'Neill? Or, Samantha O'Neill? Or Sam C. O'Neill? Or, Sam C.O.? Or...

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
      Just wanted to say that I am soooo happy for Amanda, Alan, and Olivia!!! And I am glad that mommy and daughter are happy and healthy!!!!

So B is for Bean? Blue jello? Just kidding!

Thanks, Astro, for the link to the second part of AT's interview---I appreciate it. It was a really good interview.
      LoL... Olivia Bean Kovacs hehe that's cute.
      Strangely, I actually knew someone growing up who had the middle name Bean.

Hmm... I was just looking at list of the top female names for 2003 according to the U.S Social Security Administration.

4. Hannah (Holy)
      5. Olivia
      10. Samantha

Very interesting.

Meaning of the name Olivia
      peace

Comment

OK... so here's a pic of Sam and Teal'c for Sky (and I love the look on AT's face)
        ...and a pic of techie Science!Sam for Deepspace...
        ...and a pic of competent and ready-to-kick-ass Soldier!Sam for Agent Dark...

Guess The Episode

...or provide your own episode title...
        ...or make up a caption for any or all of these pics...
        Pics are screen caps from http://www.stargatesg1971.com/index.html
        Spoiler:
        It's Good To Be King

Edit:

Pic 1:
        Sam: If we get Maybourne alone I'm going to thoroughly enjoy
        wringing his royal, little neck.
        Teal'c: Indeed.

Pic 2:
        Sam: I'm doing the best I can, sir, but I really doubt we're going to
        be able to pick up the hockey game in here.

Pic 3:
        Jack: Carter?
        Sam: Sir?
        Jack: Uh...is that MY gun in your hands?
        Sam: Yes, sir.
        Jack: Just checkin.
        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 28 March 2005, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Best Wishes to them all!

Ohh that is so beutiful and you should know that as that pic came up on my tv it's made me cry tears of joy and i really don't know why!
          Hope Amanda and Alan see this,thankyou for posting it
          ......TARA......

Comment

OK... so here's a pic of Sam and Teal'c for Sky (and I love the look on AT's face)

Guess The Episode

Pics are screen caps from http://www.stargatesg1971.com/index.html
            Yay, great screencaps

Comment

Guess The Episode

First pic: (sam thinking) 'Man, I'm hungry. I can't wait to get my hands on...'

Second pic: (sam thinking) 'So glad I brought my condensed jello supply... '

Third pic: "Put. the. jello. down."

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Congratulations Amanda, Alan, And Olivia B!!!!!!!!!!

It's kind of scary actually... Recently i've been giving my really good friend "Amanda 101" sharing the joys of her. It turns out my friend is, like me, very very simialer to Amanda. She's never read any interviews or anything but Amanda is her idol, one time I suggested she come to a con or something and meet her and she just about died. And her name's Olivia! she's going to DIE when I tell her!

I'm SOOOOOOO happy for her! I was also 9lbs 4oz, and my mom I swear way overdosed on all the happy gasses she took (Well, that's the excuse I use to explain my...me'ness! ) It's SOOO incredible that she didn't take ANYTHING! But exactly the kind of thing I would expect from her, and exactly the reason why I look up to her so much!!!!! I currently stand at 5'10 (Juust taller than Amanda) Good luck to Olivia for becoming as strong and wonderful a person as her mom!!!! (I mean no offense to short/er people, I just love my height )

MY POST 700, I DEDICATE IT, OF COURSE, TO AMANDA, ALAN, AND OLIVIA B!! AND ABBY!!! THE KOVACS FAMILY
                Last edited by MajorSam; 28 March 2005, 09:52 PM.
                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  First pic: (sam thinking) 'Man, I'm hungry. I can't wait to get my hands on...'

Second pic: (sam thinking) 'So glad I brought my condensed jello supply... '

Third pic: "Put. the. jello. down."

Sally
                  I love this place tonight! It's such a happy place to be what with baby celebrations and great screen caps. This. is. fun.

SamFan31

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Spoiler:
                    It's Good To Be King

Pic 3:
                    Jack: Carter?
                    Sam: Sir?
                    Jack: Uh...is that MY gun in your hands?
                    Sam: Yes, sir.
                    Jack: Just checkin.
                    Rofl! It makes it even funnier that I remember reading a little ficlet from the point of view of Jack's sidearm in that scene Was a funny little story, but alas I can't remember its title

Originally posted by SamFan31
                    I love this place tonight! It's such a happy place to be what with baby celebrations and great screen caps. This. is. fun.

SamFan31
                    Yep, this is Samanda after all

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      Rofl! It makes it even funnier that I remember reading a little ficlet from the point of view of Jack's sidearm in that scene Was a funny little story, but alas I can't remember its title

it's called 'it's good to be the gun' and it's mine

a silly little thing that i had fun with

i'm glad you liked it
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I found this picture up on the web. The original had been autographed so I did some editing to remove those. It's such a cute photograph of Amanda and CJ.

Photo from http://stargate-autographs.com/sg1.html
                        for more info on autographed photos check it out.
                        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 29 March 2005, 06:52 AM.

Comment

it's a great picture. a friend of mine bought it for me for christmas and it's hanging on my wall right now. a perfect pic for the s&t junkies out there

sigpic

Comment

look what i finally got done

NEW ORDER, PART 1 What I loved about new order was the sam/teal'c stuff. Such nice friendship scenes. I loved them talking their way into looking for a way to save jack. And the fifth/sam scenes were just heartbreaking. He got to her, he really, really got to her. And we get a good glimpse into her strength of will that she's able to resist it.

LOCKDOWN Sam never really got to lead here, but I liked seeing her just around the base, doing her job and acting as kind of an advisor to jack. Also I loved it when she kicked bootie. Also I did like her scene with teal'c….what that woman can accomplish with a simple 'please'

ZERO HOUR this was largely a jack episode, however I did like that we get to see sam in charge, and get a glimpse into her insecurities. I just wish we could see what happened on that planet

ICON umm…..well it was a cheesy remake of 'the English patient' in a way and I really don't remember much about it

AVATAR I loved the tension between these folks. Teal'c trying to figure things out and get out of the game. His scenes with sam were good….are you sensing a theme here?

AFFINITY umm….she did look good in that jacket. I gotta admit I didn't care much for this eps as a whole, but it was nice to see another side of sam, see her warring with her two sides, wanting to be good in her job, wanting to have a life. It's a decision that more and more folks face every day. I think my only issue is kissing pete on the stakeout. Bad form and sure to be the subject of jokes around the sgc for weeks. I'm glad sam is happy, but that behavior just wasn't her

COVENANT sam has some great interactions with alec, and I sense a real friendship – or at least a good working relationship. And it was fantastic to see her in the pilot's seat at last

SACRIFICES this wasn't totally a sam eps but again we get to se her on the base, doing her job and just doing what she can to make things work. I love how, while I certainly know she's not jack's exec officer or running the base, she does seem to have some latitude to do things and take care of things…and jack trusts her to jut get the job done

ENDGAME I like sam taking charge again. And, even though it may not have been appropriate attire, she looks really, really good in that leather jacket. I also liked how she manipulated the folks in the alkash. Kept them from attacking that one planet.

GEMINI this seems to be a counterpoint to Grace in a way. We get to really look into sam's psyche and, I think, we get a glimpse into just how much fifth messed her up. I have my doubts that she ever told the boys exactly what fifth did to her and that ended up biting her in the end. However, I did like her and teal'c's interactions. How he backed her up, tried to let her do things her way, yet stood ready to support her if things went south

PROMETHEUS UNBOUND no sam, so no comment

IT'S GOOD TO BE KING finally! We get to see sam in charge, on a mission..and we get to see the whole mission. I enjoyed how she wrangled the boys, she's not as much their boss as she is their keeper. Her interactions with harry were good and I can tell that part of her likes the rogue…even if she wont' admit it

FULL ALERT mmhm, sam knows how to run the fax machine <G>

CITIZEN JOE lol, well the comments about her and pete were funny. She did have some good scenes in the end

RECKONING, PART ooh, this is such a good one. We get to see replicarter and get a glimpse into just how deadly and evil our sam could be if she ever lost her morals. Replicarter is vicious, but not necessary evil, she's just 100% devoted to her cause, the survival of the reps. And she'll do whatever she can to accomplish it.
                            She is our sam in a way, she has our sam's tunnel vision and devotion, just aimed the wrong way.
                            I also thoroughly enjoyed sam and dad's scenes, in fact I ALWAYS love sam and dad.
                            Though they were all split up, they were a team and all working towards the sam goal

THREADS sooooo good. Sam and pete, yes I am biased because I really didn't care for pete's character, however, I do like how he's dealt with. I love the scenes with sam and dad…and yes, I did shed a tear.
                            I like how sam's finally taking charge of her life in a way

MOEBIUS, PART 1 GEEK SAM ROCKS!!!! She's so precious and funny. It's interesting to see how much she's changed by whatever was different in the au universe.
                            But still, even though she's a bit of a frump, she's still sam inside. She's still funny, smart and, it seems to me, just needs someone having confidence in her to bring that confidence and ability to the fore

sigpic

Comment

Managed to sneak on from work
                              still having problems accessing with my computer - god knows why
                              Just to say Hi and Great news re Olivia!!
                              Looking forward to getting back, though I'll have my work cut out for me catching up with the posts!
                              Take Care everyone!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                THREADS sooooo good. Sam and pete, yes I am biased because I really didn't care for pete's character, however, I do like how he's dealt with. I love the scenes with sam and dad…and yes, I did shed a tear.
                                I like how sam's finally taking charge of her life in a way
                                I adored Threads. Moreso for the Sam/Jack observation scene. But, the entire episode for Sam was very well done. I, too, love all Sam and Jacob scenes and it was so beautifully played by Amanda and Carmen. That line about Selmak giving Sam more years with her father...oh, so wonderful. You could literaly see the angst Sam was going through as the wedding drew closer. I know that she cared for Pete, but she just couldn't go through with the wedding. Sure, Jack played a part, but I don't think that it was it entirely. Sam finally had a relationship that she took a chance on. We never really knew about her engagement to Jonas from Season One, but Sam needed to broaden her horizons. In the end, perhaps, she didn't like it and wanted to be "safe" (wink, wink) .

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                MOEBIUS, PART 1 GEEK SAM ROCKS!!!! She's so precious and funny. It's interesting to see how much she's changed by whatever was different in the au universe.
                                But still, even though she's a bit of a frump, she's still sam inside. She's still funny, smart and, it seems to me, just needs someone having confidence in her to bring that confidence and ability to the fore
                                Oh Geek!Sam was fantastic!!! Amanda played that so, so well. From her facial expressions, to her voice, to her walk. She still is the Sam we know, just way more cautious than our Sam. Loved her in both Moebius I & II.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X