No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all! While the threads and forums and chatrooms buzz with the news of AT's wonderful new baby, I just wanted to post a reminder about the Season 8 poll - don't forget to vote!

And - please post your Season 8 episode Sam highlights! I have NearlyCircular's , Tara3583's , UberSG1Fan's , chocdoc's , majorsal's and AgentDark's ... Still waiting for several more (hint, hint... )

I'd also like to ask folks to repost their Season 8 pics and screen caps... Earlier in the thread, NC and Kat and Uber, and probably some other folks, posted some of their favorite Season 8 snapshots and screen caps and dialogue... I started to go back to see if I could find them, but we've posted so much that I didn't get far. So if you folks could post links to your pics, or links to your earlier posts... then I can include them in the Season 8 summary. That includes your wonderful audio clips, NC!

-----------

Here are the GW brief Season 8 episode summaries to help jog the memory
    (if your memory is anything like mine.. )

NEW ORDER, PART 1 Carter and Teal'c go in search of the Asgard to try and save Colonel O'Neill, but discover that the Asgard's enemy has returned with a vengeance. The System Lords seek an alliance with Earth against a common enemy.

NEW ORDER, PART 2 While the Goa'uld threaten to attack Earth, SG-1 and the Asgard make a last, desperate stand against the Replicators, which have captured Major Carter and invaded the last outpost of the Asgard civilization.

LOCKDOWN The S.G.C. is put under quarantine after a mysterious infection leaves a Russian officer in the infirmary -- but the disease may not be a disease at all.

ZERO HOUR General O'Neill tries to settle into his new job, but faces never-ending crises -- including the capture of SG-1 by the Goa'uld.

ICON Daniel is stranded on another planet after the team's arrival on an alien world sparks a violent civil war.

AVATAR Teal'c is trapped in a virtual reality simulation, in which he must defend the base from a Goa'uld super-soldier incursion.

AFFINITY Teal'c becomes the chief suspect in a murder investigation after he moves into an apartment off-base. Carter considers her future with Pete.

COVENANT A businessman threatens to expose the secrets of alien life to the world, forcing Stargate Command to bring him into the loop.

SACRIFICES The impending wedding of his son is the least of Teal'c's worries when the Hak'tyl plan an uprising against the Goa'uld Moloc, driving a wedge between Teal'c and Ishta.

ENDGAME The Stargate is stolen, leading SG-1 to discover that the Trust has taken control of an advanced ship in orbit. Teal'c investigates a series of wide-spread Jaffa deaths.

GEMINI A duplicate of Colonel Carter seeks help from Stargate Command in defeating the Replicator Fifth, who she claims has found a way to counter the Asgard's new weapon.

PROMETHEUS UNBOUND After the Prometheus responds to a distress call from a Goa'uld ship, Daniel Jackson finds himself a captive when Earth's ship is stolen.

IT'S GOOD TO BE KING SG-1 comes to the aid of a world about to be invaded by the Goa'uld, only to discover that the local king is Earth's Harry Maybourne.

FULL ALERT Relations between the U.S. and Russia are strained when Russian military leaders claim that the U.S. government has been compromised by the Goa'uld.

CITIZEN JOE A barber from Indiana confronts Jack O'Neill, claiming that he has been seeing visions of SG-1's missions over the last seven years.

RECKONING, PART 1 The Replicators begin a systematic attack of the Goa'uld, forcing Baal to come to Earth for help. The Jaffa Resistance risk their entire movement in an attempt to retake a holy city in Baal's domain.

RECKONING, PART 2 The fate of the galaxy hangs in the balance as Sam and Jacob search for the only weapon capable of stopping the Replicator onslaught. O'Neill leads a defense of the S.G.C., while Daniel squares off against Replicator Carter.

THREADS Daniel must once again decide whether to risk death or ascend when Oma Desala gives him a second chance. O'Neill and Carter struggle with their respective personal relationships.

MOEBIUS, PART 1 SG-1 travels back in time in a daring plan to steal a piece of Ancient technology from Ra, the powerful Goa'uld who ruled in ancient Egypt.

MOEBIUS, PART 2 With the timeline changed by SG-1's actions in the distant past, an alternate version of SG-1 must use the newly-discovered time ship to set things right.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      Kat - I sure hope you are posting this at other friendly threads, too! Your pic is a wonderful baby announcement and you should spread it beyond the SaGC!
      I agree Astro! It has such a joyful feeling to it. Nice idea to share it with other threads.

SamFan31

Comment

((((((((Amanda, Alan and Olivia)))))))))

And congrats, too.

Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Ooo, just found a new Samfic, episode tag to Gemini:
          Day of Rest, by splash_the_cat. Nice read

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
            Woohoo, go Amanda
            9lbs, 4oz - Meh, couldn't of been that hard

Oh, I'm sure Alan found it veeeery painful.

My dear Hubby sacrificed his arm to our first born. I pretty much twisted the muscle right off the bones during labor.... Well, that's his story, and he's stickin' to it.

9 lbs for a first baby; OUF! That's big.
            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

just seen the news and i'm so happy for Amanda and Alan
              Olivia is a beutiful name and i send all my love to them.

((((((((Amanda, Alan and Olivia)))))))
              ......TARA......

Comment

K, I haven't read through the congratz posts yet (I can't wait ), so I'm saying...

CONGRATZ, AMANDA AND ALAN! A beautiful baby GIRL named Olivia (I LOVE that name) was born on March 22nd. I am happy for her beyond belief.

(((((((Amanda, Alan, and daughter Olivia))))))))

Sally

ps - Olivia's middle initial is B... wonder what that stands for?...
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                  I agree Astro! It has such a joyful feeling to it. Nice idea to share it with other threads.

SamFan31
                  Thanks Astro and SamFan for your nice comments. I've added a link to the S/J shipper thread as well as Congrats Amanda thread. I don't want to irritate anyone by adding it to too many threads. So hopefully these three will be enough.

Kat

Comment

Ooo, just found a new Samfic, episode tag to Gemini:
                    Day of Rest, by splash_the_cat. Nice read
                    Good rec, AD. Not a happy fic, but well written.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      A beautiful baby GIRL named Olivia (I LOVE that name)...
                      Haha, I wonder why...

Yeah I was wondering the same thing too...

Comment

Haha, I wonder why...

Yeah I was wondering the same thing too...
                        Hmm. What does the "B" stand for?

At 9 lbs. 4 oz, I'll go with "Bighonkinbaby".

So there you have her in all her glory: Olivia Bighonkinbaby Kovacs.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          K, I haven't read through the congratz posts yet (I can't wait ), so I'm saying...

CONGRATZ, AMANDA AND ALAN! A beautiful baby GIRL named Olivia (I LOVE that name) was born on March 22nd. I am happy for her beyond belief.

(((((((Amanda, Alan, and daughter Olivia))))))))

Sally

Having a natural delivery for a first baby weighing in at over nine pounds and 22 inches long just adds more to my admiration for Amanda. She is truly amazing! And I bet she had the midwife and support team laughing along with her - way to go!

And, MS, you know how much I wanted a little girl for AT also ... so many boys and men in her life ... what a joy for her and Alan and her own momma! I'm especially pleased at the name because I have a granddaughter named Olivia also born in March.

What does the "B" stand for? Right now, I'd say "big"!!

Hi to everyone - this has to be brief - still out of town and driving back tomorrow - will then post an official Royal Samandan Pronouncement to add to the beautiful Baby Congrats already up here!

CG/Jester

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                            Here are links to the first and second parts of the MGM interview:

MGM Tapping Interview Part 1
                            transcript for part 1 transcribed and posted by Morjana

MGM Tapping Interview Part 2

A couple of excerpts:

AT: [Sam's] softened... she started out very didactic, very out to prove herself, in a not so accessible way, I think that she put up a lot of walls, because she's, you know, 'I am a woman and I can do just as well as you can', as oppposed to just settling back and saying 'just see what I'm capable of'... and the writers and producers, to their great credit, have warmed her up. She now has a sense of humor, she's a lot softer, she's not afraid of her femininity so much....

As near as I can tell, AT's feelings about this must pretty much stem from that COTG briefing room scene... the 'reproductive organs' spiel, followed by the playing with dolls (Matt Mason), and the challenge to an arm wrestle.... Because after that first episode, I don't think that Sam came across as outspoken and 'in your face' about female equality. In fact, I've been impressed with how the main approach has been one of 'she's just one of the team'. (Well, until we get to Seasons 7 and 8).

---------

I really like how AT always emphasizes that she'd like to see more team episodes and more stories that feature the interactions between the members of the team. Go AT!

-------

AT: And she is now a Colonel, she's a Lt. Col., and we've seen her in command and I'd like to see more of that. I'd like to see her expand on that, you know, see her plan missions and see her follow them through, that kind of thing.

All I can say is... I agree! Wholeheartedly! Sam in command!

------------

As was stated on another thread, AT sounds congested - I think she had a cold... and she sounds tired... to be honest, she sounds like she's moving at what I'd call a 'normal pace for the rest of us' instead of the normal, bouncy and energetic AT pace. And she doesn't give a lot of big smiles... she looks pretty drained, and I think she needed to spend a couple of days just resting and recuperating. Very nice of her to sit for this interview.
                            I TRIED to green you, astro, but I couldn't (it *always* happens with you). Just wanted to say thank you!

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Just wanted to say that I am soooo happy for Amanda, Alan, and Olivia!!! And I am glad that mommy and daughter are happy and healthy!!!!

So B is for Bean? Blue jello? Just kidding!

Thanks, Astro, for the link to the second part of AT's interview---I appreciate it. It was a really good interview.

Comment

OK... so here's a pic of Sam and Teal'c for Sky (and I love the look on AT's face)
                                ...and a pic of techie Science!Sam for Deepspace...
                                ...and a pic of competent and ready-to-kick-ass Soldier!Sam for Agent Dark...

Guess The Episode

...or provide your own episode title...
                                ...or make up a caption for any or all of these pics...
                                Pics are screen caps from http://www.stargatesg1971.com/index.html

Comment

Working...
                                X