No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple more icons that I don't think I've posted to the list before...

My LJ

Comment

I'm sure that Sky has already posted a link to this post Death Knell tag, but just in case anyone missed it,

Waltzing's For Dreamers

(J/S canon, Pete's mentioned in canon, good Sam-Teal'c interaction, references to dancing and flying)

Comment

I was just rewatching Reckoning 1 and got to enjoy some really excellent Sam!Moments (and don't get me started on the Replicarter moments as those were just genius).

First, she kicks herself upside down and inside out for Daniel getting kidnapped by Replicarter. My feelings about Gemini are no surprise to anyone who's seen me yammer on about it; but still, she "felt guilty" about the situation, showing she's sensitive to the fact that when people in their positions screw up, it can turn out really badly. Ironically, it turns out that had she NOT done what she did in Gemini, all life in the galaxy would have been destroyed, but I digress.

She goes to help Thor and we get to see her working with one of her favorite aliens plus we get her saying, "Too wild and crazy?" and anytime we can hear Carter naturally using phrases native to O'Neill, I get a jolt of Shippy!lurve (sorry non/anti/other shippers).

Thor becomes distressed because his ship has been boarded and Sam's first reaction is to run and hide. No? You don't remember it that way? GOOD. Because her first reaction was to reach for her P-90 so she could blow away enough bugs to stall for time for Thor. I love that about her...always ready to do what has to be done even if it means putting herself in harm's way.

When Thor rejects the notion because he thinks it's too dangerous, he beams her down mid protest as she's telling him to essentially not even THINK about beaming her down because she wasn't going to leave him to handle the bugs by himself...further communicating her strength and passion for defending those in need.

Oh and just for Myrth, who told me that Season 8 Sam with the short hair and black tank does a number on her equilibrium (heck, she's even preening for ya there)...here you go. Enjoy.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          I was in the Voyager thread and people were commenting on behind the scenes sniping. Anyway I went looking for some info. Apparently one of the actors had been complaining about not being given enough to do and Kate Mulgrew made some remarks in response--

Mulgrew: That's a lazy actor's response. 'They didn't let me act'. Really? Go get a job in a cereal commercial. I just don't have any time for it. Of course, you can find every opportunity... Sit in this seat and say nothing. Do it! Be it! (turns towards second officer's chair) Lift it up! We're all trained here and we're, you know, compensated *very* nicely.

I think this relates to Samanda because isn't this what we have been saying AT was doing in S9? She didn't always get a lot to do, but she sure made the most of her moments. She never "phones it in." Yay Amanda!

That's very interesting comments by Kate because she is another Actress that comes across the screen with real feeling as Amanda does.
          I always look at an actors eyes to see the depth of what they are trying to get across to the viewer, i have to "feel" what they are feeling as they act out the moment.
          I've just had a thought, would'nt it be great if tptb had Kate and Amanda acting together? they are two very strong actors, maybe have Kate playing a part that had her as being pure evil.
          ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            to get our imaginations working, here's a couple of pics to caption.

sally

(photo courtesty of abydos gate-amanda tapping)
            Sam:thinking why do i get myself into so much trouble
            Jack:focus Carter and start counting down from ten, i have absolute faith in you.
            Teal'c:as do i Col.Carter.
            Jonas:just a few more yards Sam and the DHD will be back where it should be.
            Sam:muttering under her breath, when i get hold of the idiot who decided that the DHD looked better here is going to be really,really sorry.
            Jack:thinking,she looks pissed, hope she does'nt find out i ordered Teal'c to move it!
            ......TARA......

Comment

got bored, so i 'finally' watched those last 3 sg1 eps i'd recorded when they'd aired (to watch over again). they were 'arthur's mantle', 'crusade', and 'camelot'.

season 9 spoilers --
              Spoiler:
              'arthur's mantle': nice sam bits. and amanda was in fine form. i liked her exchange of punching arms with mitchell . some nice moments.

'crusade': i fast forwarded through all of vala's time on the planet. that was a lot of ffing.

'camelot': mitchell bugs me. but i liked the end when sam was out in space and watching the horror of it all.

i've had these eps for quite a while now, just mustering up the enthusiasm to watch again. since the forum feels like a rehab center for starving addicts now (with no drugs to make them feel better), i thought 'now' would be a good time to watch the eps.

well, at least as an s/j shipper, i have something to look forward to (in season 10).

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UberSG-1Fan
                I was just rewatching Reckoning 1 and got to enjoy some really excellent Sam!Moments (and don't get me started on the Replicarter moments as those were just genius).

First, she kicks herself upside down and inside out for Daniel getting kidnapped by Replicarter. My feelings about Gemini are no surprise to anyone who's seen me yammer on about it; but still, she "felt guilty" about the situation, showing she's sensitive to the fact that when people in their positions screw up, it can turn out really badly. Ironically, it turns out that had she NOT done what she did in Gemini, all life in the galaxy would have been destroyed, but I digress.

She goes to help Thor and we get to see her working with one of her favorite aliens plus we get her saying, "Too wild and crazy?" and anytime we can hear Carter naturally using phrases native to O'Neill, I get a jolt of Shippy!lurve (sorry non/anti/other shippers).

Thor becomes distressed because his ship has been boarded and Sam's first reaction is to run and hide. No? You don't remember it that way? GOOD. Because her first reaction was to reach for her P-90 so she could blow away enough bugs to stall for time for Thor. I love that about her...always ready to do what has to be done even if it means putting herself in harm's way.

When Thor rejects the notion because he thinks it's too dangerous, he beams her down mid protest as she's telling him to essentially not even THINK about beaming her down because she wasn't going to leave him to handle the bugs by himself...further communicating her strength and passion for defending those in need.

Oh and just for Myrth, who told me that Season 8 Sam with the short hair and black tank does a number on her equilibrium (heck, she's even preening for ya there)...here you go. Enjoy.

What a wonderful post! All the things we love about Sam...in an episode in which so many people found fault with her instead. I go with your interpretation, Uber. And by the way, what happened to your umlauts?

Congratulations, Strix_varia, on 1,000 posts!!!
                Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 29 April 2006, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Jack: So Carter...
                  Sam: Yes sir?
                  Jack: ...about that movie you and the guys watched last night?
                  Sam: *grinning*
                  Jack: I take it you all enjoyed the movie.
                  Sam: Of course.
                  Jonas: Absolutely.
                  Teal'c: Indeed.
                  Jonas: It really was a great movie, Colonel. You should have joined us.
                  Jack: Yes, well...
                  Teal'c: Yul Brenner was a most impressive King, do you not agree O'Neill.
                  Jack: Carter, dial up the gate. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                    What a wonderful post! All the things we love about Sam...in an episode in which so many people found fault with her instead. I go with your interpretation, Uber. And by the way, what happened to your umlauts?

Congratulations, Strix_varia, on 1,000 posts!!!
                    Apparently, the new server only has an English character set...but they're supposedly working on it so hopefully I'll eventually get my name back.

Until then, I am umlautless.

*weeps at bitter yet hopefully temporary state of umlautlessness*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Apparently, the new server only has an English character set...but they're supposedly working on it so hopefully I'll eventually get my name back.

Until then, I am umlautless.

*weeps at bitter yet hopefully temporary state of umlautlessness*
                      Bummer! So sorry. Hope you get them back soon!

Comment

Oh, gee, Kat! This is gorgeous!

Thanks for creating a Ripple Effect that makes us all happy!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                          Well hey, we whingers and ranters WANTED to stay in Samanda... but we got kicked out, so neener neener. Now if we don't have anything nice to say about S9, or the character, or ... whatever else ... we can't bring it up here, so we have to go to those threads, and apparently (of late) we haven't had much of constructive glee to impart. Ergo... a quieter Samanda for all. Where are all the happy joyful people who wanted the negativity gone? Where are all those happy joyful posts that we were suppressing with our negativity? I'm waiting to read those because I need some HAPPY thoughts to look forward to for S10, guys, c'mon darnit! Positive Polly kicked us out and how she's got nothin' to say? Gimme some love, FCOL! (wait, was that a rant, too?)

Ah well. Perhaps the party'll pick up later. I'm lovin' the pics though. And Astro's awesome photo essays, and Aceber's unintentional dress-code violation (which is funny as h*ll, mind you! har! Glad it's not ME! Hehehe... )

geek

Father, father, father help us...
                          Send some guidance from above...
                          'Cause people got me got me questioning...
                          WHERE IS THE LOVE?!

Gee...from one who hasn't been here much lately...the love's still here. RL just gets in the way sometimes. I had about a 70-hour work week this week. And just to say something really positive, it's great to be here and see all the truly creative things you have done in my absence! People have added some great new sigs! And the lunch with AT and RDA went for $30,000!!!! Wow!

And so many new milestones!

Congratulations,
                          majorsal, jckfan55, dancer of spaz,
                          Mandysg-1, Myrth & ReganX,
                          on milestone posts!!!
                          Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 30 April 2006, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Oh dear here I go again... [thunk] add combat gear to tehe sleevless and hair thing and sweet jesus woman, you're trying to give me another stroke I swear!! Well on the plus side Uber, just for that I swear to never call you assbear ever again!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              ... i didn't mean for that to come out a story on its own!
                              But it did! Spontaneous flashfic, yey! Nice one
                              scarimor

Comment

Sam: "Okay, guys, joke's over. Untie me from this thing."
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X