Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55

They told me Samanda was a happening place. Where is everyone?
    LOL!

I helped my mother haul junk *cough* stuff to a yardsale really early this morning, then came back home and sat outside in the sun with the lappie (dang I love laptops!!!!) (*grins* all sun all day Sky! A wonderful Mid-Atlantic day!) and am back inside (a touch of sunburn) and am trying to type up several pages of scribbles written during my commute in/from work to add to the second half of the Sam/Teal'c-centric Paradise Lost fanfic that I've been trying to get done. (up to close to 18K words right now. Lord knows how big it'll be when it's done.)

I'm assuming in other sunny parts of the globe everyone's out enjoying their spring or fall day.

*logs back out in an attempt to not get distracted from the fanfic!*
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Oh, and another one (or two)! (From planetclaire):

Carter: Our goal is to take out Anubis' new super weapon. It's what gives him a clear advantage over the rest of the Goa'uld mother ships. Now, we've received word from Teal'c that Yu has pledged to bring the full force of the remaining system lords' fleet down on Anubis once we've succeeded.
      O'Neill: Okay. Everyone who thinks this is absolutely an insane idea, raise your hand. Come on, be honest.
      Everyone, including Carter, eventually raises their hand...

-

Carter: What do you think they're going to do? Ask us to join an elite team of intergalactic space heroes? Look at us. I think the only reason they showed us the tape is because we're on it.
      Jackson: Exactly.
      Carter: Oh.

-

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Sit down and share the joy!
        I've gotta get working on my Season 5 DVDs in preparation for next week's vote. Maybe others are doing the same. Or could they have actual lives? Everytime I have to come online for something the siren call brings me back here..."I'm jckfan and I'm a Samanda addict."
        well season 5 voting should be easy in comparison to season 4. i eventually decided on my first instinct of Beneath the Surface. brilliant sam ep, because it shows the basic essence of sam, and she's just the same character with all the same strengths even when she doesn't have the same memories. proves that sam is amazing regardless of experience and such things.

i know its not gonna win, but for me its the best. although its very very tight compitition in season 4.

ok, i take it back. i've just had a quick recap of the list of episodes in season 5, and its brought back the memories, and there was some pretty great sam in season 5. ah the good old days. but season 7 is gonna be really easy!

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
          LOL!

I helped my mother haul junk *cough* stuff to a yardsale really early this morning, then came back home and sat outside in the sun with the lappie (dang I love laptops!!!!) (*grins* all sun all day Sky! A wonderful Mid-Atlantic day!) and am back inside (a touch of sunburn) and am trying to type up several pages of scribbles written during my commute in/from work to add to the second half of the Sam/Teal'c-centric Paradise Lost fanfic that I've been trying to get done. (up to close to 18K words right now. Lord knows how big it'll be when it's done.)

I'm assuming in other sunny parts of the globe everyone's out enjoying their spring or fall day.

*logs back out in an attempt to not get distracted from the fanfic!*
          Why that's no excuse! I've been up and down the ladder today trying to get the friggin satellite to work Darn switches

Ooops wrong thread Um okay...

Sam: Oh... Colonel
          Jack: It's my sidearm...I swear
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I was in the Voyager thread and people were commenting on behind the scenes sniping. Anyway I went looking for some info. Apparently one of the actors had been complaining about not being given enough to do and Kate Mulgrew made some remarks in response--

Mulgrew: That's a lazy actor's response. 'They didn't let me act'. Really? Go get a job in a cereal commercial. I just don't have any time for it. Of course, you can find every opportunity... Sit in this seat and say nothing. Do it! Be it! (turns towards second officer's chair) Lift it up! We're all trained here and we're, you know, compensated *very* nicely.

I think this relates to Samanda because isn't this what we have been saying AT was doing in S9? She didn't always get a lot to do, but she sure made the most of her moments. She never "phones it in." Yay Amanda!

Comment

I was in the Voyager thread and people were commenting on behind the scenes sniping. Anyway I went looking for some info. Apparently one of the actors had been complaining about not being given enough to do and Kate Mulgrew made some remarks in response--

Mulgrew: That's a lazy actor's response. 'They didn't let me act'. Really? Go get a job in a cereal commercial. I just don't have any time for it. Of course, you can find every opportunity... Sit in this seat and say nothing. Do it! Be it! (turns towards second officer's chair) Lift it up! We're all trained here and we're, you know, compensated *very* nicely.

I think this relates to Samanda because isn't this what we have been saying AT was doing in S9? She didn't always get a lot to do, but she sure made the most of her moments. She never "phones it in." Yay Amanda!
              No, she never ever does. And I respect her for that a tremendous amount. No matter how stinky the rest of the show can get at times, I can always count on my Amanda-moments to be fun (or funny! - as the case may be).

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Jack: Ah Carter, would you stop staring at the Russian's ass

Sam: Well at least I'm not starting where the other Russian soldier is.
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                  Well hey, we whingers and ranters WANTED to stay in Samanda... but we got kicked out, so neener neener. Now if we don't have anything nice to say about S9, or the character, or ... whatever else ... we can't bring it up here, so we have to go to those threads, and apparently (of late) we haven't had much of constructive glee to impart. Ergo... a quieter Samanda for all. Where are all the happy joyful people who wanted the negativity gone? Where are all those happy joyful posts that we were suppressing with our negativity? I'm waiting to read those because I need some HAPPY thoughts to look forward to for S10, guys, c'mon darnit! Positive Polly kicked us out and how she's got nothin' to say? Gimme some love, FCOL! (wait, was that a rant, too?)

Ah well. Perhaps the party'll pick up later. I'm lovin' the pics though. And Astro's awesome photo essays, and Aceber's unintentional dress-code violation (which is funny as h*ll, mind you! har! Glad it's not ME! Hehehe... )

geek

Father, father, father help us...

Send some guidance from above...
                  'Cause people got me got me questioning...

WHERE IS THE LOVE?!
                  Well we're celebrating two birthday's this weekend so I've been busy spending time with my *gasp* family. We're off to enjoy a lovely family dinner and when we return later tonight I get to participate in hours and hours of family fun. We'll be playing card games and board games into the wee hours of the night. Yeah, yeah, I know...I'm sure you all wish you could switch places with me, but I'm sure you'll have loads of fun here without my cheerful input.

/sarcasm

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Well we're celebrating two birthday's this weekend so I've been busy spending time with my *gasp* family. We're off to enjoy a lovely family dinner and when we return later tonight I get to participate in hours and hours of family fun. We'll be playing card games and board games into the wee hours of the night. Yeah, yeah, I know...I'm sure you all wish you could switch places with me, but I'm sure you'll have loads of fun here without my cheerful input.

/sarcasm

Kat
                    Oh I'll be doing that tomorrow, when we celebrate my cousin's little girl's first birthday The problem is she likes to keep the temp at 78, and with 14 people in a small house that tends to get a little hot So have your fun tonight Kat, I'll have mine tomorrow.
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

ooooohhhhhhhh Sunday Morning and the hangover from hell

I think for my Season 4 Sam ep I'm going to have to go with Stargate Barbie - Beneath The Surface because Sam is Sam even when she doesn't remember she's Sam. I probably woulda gone for 2010 but I don't like the ending.
                      -

Comment

"I'm jckfan and I'm a Samanda addict."
                        ROTFLOL!
                        We kicked all the negative comments out and now there's nothing left to say. How sad is that? LOL! Sorry ... but it does make me laugh. We gotta laugh, right? Or we'll cry... and that just does not look pretty on some people (myself included).

BUT... to bring this back on topic (I CAN DO THAT YA KNOW!)

Here's a random Carter related quote to share (shall we share random Carter quotes?):

Corso: You're an officer in your homeworld's military, you're a scientist, an explorer, and apparently you're a pretty fair mechanic.

Carter: And I make a mean souffle
                        Great quote!

Comment

Well hey, we whingers and ranters WANTED to stay in Samanda... but we got kicked out, so neener neener. Now if we don't have anything nice to say about S9, or the character, or ... whatever else ... we can't bring it up here, so we have to go to those threads, and apparently (of late) we haven't had much of constructive glee to impart. Ergo... a quieter Samanda for all. Where are all the happy joyful people who wanted the negativity gone? Where are all those happy joyful posts that we were suppressing with our negativity? I'm waiting to read those because I need some HAPPY thoughts to look forward to for S10, guys, c'mon darnit! Positive Polly kicked us out and how she's got nothin' to say? Gimme some love, FCOL! (wait, was that a rant, too?)

Ah well. Perhaps the party'll pick up later. I'm lovin' the pics though. And Astro's awesome photo essays, and Aceber's unintentional dress-code violation (which is funny as h*ll, mind you! har! Glad it's not ME! Hehehe... )

geek

Father, father, father help us...
                          Send some guidance from above...
                          'Cause people got me got me questioning...
                          WHERE IS THE LOVE?!

You know, I'm not going to tell you how long it took me to figure out who the heck Acebear is...

Oh...before I forget. Calling all Canadian Samandans who get the Space Channel.

Tomorrow on HypaSpace, 5:30 pm EDT, there will be a 20 minute segment on Stargate SG-1. Could someone PLEASE record this? Digitally if at all possible but VHS is fine too????

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

That was one of the funniest moments... loved it... and look of shrugging.. well yeah he's right on her face was just cool!

Meanwhile I think Uber just didn't like being called Assbear... poor furlings, their leader deserted them

Oh, and another one (or two)! (From planetclaire):

Carter: Our goal is to take out Anubis' new super weapon. It's what gives him a clear advantage over the rest of the Goa'uld mother ships. Now, we've received word from Teal'c that Yu has pledged to bring the full force of the remaining system lords' fleet down on Anubis once we've succeeded.
                            O'Neill: Okay. Everyone who thinks this is absolutely an insane idea, raise your hand. Come on, be honest.
                            Everyone, including Carter, eventually raises their hand...

-

Carter: What do you think they're going to do? Ask us to join an elite team of intergalactic space heroes? Look at us. I think the only reason they showed us the tape is because we're on it.
                            Jackson: Exactly.
                            Carter: Oh.

-

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                              Nice icons, Colonel

Now, caption this:

jack - 'what are you doing with that machine thinger, carter?

sam - 'writing a story.'

jack - 'you, writing a story?'

sam - 'had to do something to pass the time.

jack - 'k... so what's the story about?

sam - 'it's about five pages long.'

jack - 'ooh, funny. really, what's it about?'

sam - 'it's about this woman that has a mad, passionate love affair with her male co-worker.'

jack - *grinning* 'really?'

sam - *grinning* 'yep.'

jack - 'details?'

janet thinking - 'oh, she better not give the details!... her best friend co-worker - who just happens to be a doctor... i can't believe she wrote her having a fling with EVERYONE on the base! and then she's some kind of leather dominatrix that-- '

sam - 'well, you see, the woman-- '

janet - sam! i think you need a scan now.'

sam - 'right this minute?'

janet - 'yep!'

jack watches janet start giving instructions to her nurses.

jack - 'what's up with her?'

sam - 'oh, she's just afraid i'm going to talk about the doctor character of my story.'

jack - 'why?'

sam - 'because she's a sex crazed dominating witch that's sleeping with everyone on the base.'

janet - 'SAM!'

jack - 'oh, fact based then?'

*janet groans*

*sam giggles*

*jack smirks*

i didn't mean for that to come out a story on its own!

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

that's amanda alright!

that gave her lemons, and she made lemonade.

*hugging amanda*

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X