Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX
    I was challenging myself to see if I could write a character I hate without bashing them.
    I should have read this before I wrote my previous post. I hadn't thought you actually hated Mitchell. My comments still stand, though.

--and one of the things I was trying to say was said so much more succinctly by Skydiver:
    waht i liked about it was that it didn't take the easy way out and bash cam or disrespect him

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
      I love Mitchell. <--Just so you know where I'm coming from.
      And Sam.

It's hard for me to express how I feel about the story, but I wanted ReganX to know how one Mitchell fan felt.
      Spoiler:

To ReganX ...and anyone else:

Knowing the leadership issue debate and how some people think Mitchell is a doofus, and thinking you were more on the negative than positive side of that Mitchell opinion, I was pleasantly surprised with how fair you wrote him and how fair you wrote the reactions of the others to him. I was able to read this fic as a positive to Sam, not a negative to Mitchell.

It did sadden me, though, to think the gang wouldn't be together, but that's because I love the team. All four of them. I like that you wrote that the reason they chose Sam over Mitchell was because of the years of friendship and comraderie and respect, not because they didn't like or respect Mitchell. Although, it was still sad that they would make that choice - not unrealistic, but sad... for Mitchell... and me.

I'm impressed that you handled everything so sensitively, but it was still sad that Mitchell wasn't with the others in the end.

Okay, I've rewritten this a dozen times trying to get it to say what I want, but I don't think I'm expressing myself well. Bottom line, if I'm not making sense:
      Thank you, ReganX. Not because you wrote a story about what I would like to happen, because I definitely would not like the team to break up, but because you kept it real. And fair. Hard line to walk and you did it well.

Thank you.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

she did a very good job.

usually, when an author writes a character s/he dislikes, you can tell. it'll show in the tone used or the words used to describe said character.

but mitch, at least to me, came off as a very well meaning individual who just didn't click.

and i also liked that sam and the kids made their own team instead of tossing cam out on his ear. that woulda been rude
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
          Amanda, from a report on the 200th episode on the SPACE Channel. Caps & downloadable clip.

LOLOL

Samanth Carter????

oops

nice clip, thanks for putting it up
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            LOLOL

Samanth Carter????

oops

nice clip, thanks for putting it up
            I feel bad for whoever put the name in. Making a mistake at your job can be embarrassing enough, making one that millions of people will see must be much worse.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I feel bad for whoever put the name in. Making a mistake at your job can be embarrassing enough, making one that millions of people will see must be much worse.
              LOL That's OK. At least it's a one shot clip and it's over in a few seconds. Couple weeks ago, I was on location for a few days and the production coordinator had the wrong letter at the beginning of my first name on ALL THE CALL SHEETS. Every single day, for a week. Yeah. So, needless to say, I was continually introduced as (some ridiculous name that NO ONE would ever have!), and I kept having to correct people, politely, right after I was introduced, (which was embarassing in and of itself). After a while the AD picked up voice-of-god and just made an announcement, given it was happening so often. It was funny, except that I think I turned about nine shades of red! lol

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                LOL That's OK. At least it's a one shot clip and it's over in a few seconds. Couple weeks ago, I was on location for a few days and the production coordinator had the wrong letter at the beginning of my first name on ALL THE CALL SHEETS. Every single day, for a week. Yeah. So, needless to say, I was continually introduced as (some ridiculous name that NO ONE would ever have!), and I kept having to correct people, politely, right after I was introduced, (which was embarassing in and of itself). After a while the AD picked up voice-of-god and just made an announcement, given it was happening so often. It was funny, except that I think I turned about nine shades of red! lol
                Hmmm? Can we try that here ninnigeek
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  Hmmm? Can we try that here ninnigeek
                  Hey, that's pretty good, Xandy.

(it's ok, the X is silent ... or you can pronounce it as a CLICK if you like)

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                    I'd really like to believe that they know it's the last season and that they're planning accordingly and that there's some really great stuff coming to wrap things up. But I'm just not there yet. And I don't think they are either.

Brad Wright can talk about the business model and how tenuous things are with salaries and what not, but the fact is that if SG-1 wasn't still in the black the show would have been canned long ago. The show's been busting that model he's taking about for the past three or four seasons, and each year someone somewhere ponies up for another go around. So long as it's generally accepted at the top that another season of SG-1 means more profit than whatever endeavors are going to follow, then the show is gonna go on. It would take a wholesale collapse of the cast for it to go otherwise.

But I do hope this is the last year for SG-1. And I do hope that TPTB already know it. It would be good for the show, which is long since ripe for whatever that next SG-1 endeavor turns out to be. Personally, I'm torn between a movie (which would be awesome) and a miniseries (more hours of SG-1). If they wanted to do a series of TV movies, I'd take that too. I think all four of the original cast still want to make stargate, but they'd all appreciate something less demanding than the nine month grind they do now.
                    One of the things that N John Smith talked about at the Vancouver Con is the fact that the Stargate franchise has such a great store house of props and sets. They have purchased a lot of really cool things from other tv show and movie sets. They have so much that they rent a lot of stuff out to other shows and movies that are filming in the area. It has allowed them to have the money to do things that the studio has not had to pay for. When we were on the set tour I talked with one of the crew and he was tellings me how with the change in the strength of the Canadian dollar it may cause some people to look elsewhere to film and thus the ripple effect would be they would not be renting out as much in the way of equipment and props.

__________________________________________________________________

On Comic Con - Both SciFi and Sony will have large booths at Comic Con this year. I would not be surprised if they have every one of the current cast of Stargate SG-1 at the convention along with Brad & Rob. If you are thinking about going I would recommend that you book a hotel room now, you can always cancel later. It is already to late to get in the hotels close to the convention site. I would recommend booking at a hotel that is near a trolly station. I stayed almost all the way at El Cajon last year but my hotel was near the trolly station and we just rode the trolly in each day.
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                      One of the things that N John Smith talked about at the Vancouver Con is the fact that the Stargate franchise has such a great store house of props and sets. They have purchased a lot of really cool things from other tv show and movie sets. They have so much that they rent a lot of stuff out to other shows and movies that are filming in the area. It has allowed them to have the money to do things that the studio has not had to pay for. When we were on the set tour I talked with one of the crew and he was tellings me how with the change in the strength of the Canadian dollar it may cause some people to look elsewhere to film and thus the ripple effect would be they would not be renting out as much in the way of equipment and props.

__________________________________________________________________

On Comic Con - Both SciFi and Sony will have large booths at Comic Con this year. I would not be surprised if they have every one of the current cast of Stargate SG-1 at the convention along with Brad & Rob. If you are thinking about going I would recommend that you book a hotel room now, you can always cancel later. It is already to late to get in the hotels close to the convention site. I would recommend booking at a hotel that is near a trolly station. I stayed almost all the way at El Cajon last year but my hotel was near the trolly station and we just rode the trolly in each day.
                      Thanks, I'll check it out!

Comment

Not rally, I doit all the time LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                          Thanks, I'll check it out!
                          Holy Convention, Batman! When is Comic Con and where?!?!?!

ETA: NM.

No, seriously... It'd be very interesting to see how all of the actors are utilized for Comic Con. If they all come, it'll be a massive event for sure.

Comment

Sky's choccie vending machine:

scarimor

Comment

Hey guys, I had a quick question, and I'm hoping someone can answer it. The other day I saw a post by Qasim, and I realized that I haven't really seen him/her in a looooong time. I checked Qasim's profile and it says that s/he hasn't been on since February 8th.

I have to say that I feel really bad for not noticing it before, but thinking back, it seems like Qasim's been gone from the SaGC thread for even longer than that - closer to early January, in fact. Does anyone know where Qasim is these days?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                                Hey guys, I had a quick question, and I'm hoping someone can answer it. The other day I saw a post by Qasim, and I realized that I haven't really seen him/her in a looooong time. I checked Qasim's profile and it says that s/he hasn't been on since February 8th.

I have to say that I feel really bad for not noticing it before, but thinking back, it seems like Qasim's been gone from the SaGC thread for even longer than that - closer to early January, in fact. Does anyone know where Qasim is these days?
                                Hmm, good call Spaz. Another I haven't seen is Pacific Jack. I haven't looked at his profile but it's been a good while.
                                I hope all is well with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X