Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    I just wanted to make sure my 1000th post is in the SaGC thread.

It was Astro who twisted my arm into checking out the thread, and I'm so glad I did. Here I have found many hours of entertainment, intelligent discussion, and good people, all dedicated to a wonderful character and an amazing actress. (((hugs to you all)))
    LOL

i do the same thing. post 9700 was in here and whenever i get close to a milestone i do my best to make sure that it's made in samanda

contrats on 1000
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      oh now i get it!!

well heck, using cam as criteria there must be a vending machine in the offier's mess

We're back to the chocolate CMoH's, aren't we?

(I got a tingly feeling; I sense another smilie coming on...)
      scarimor

Comment

waht i liked about it was that it didn't take the easy way out and bash cam or disrespect him

given his actions, it'd be far too easy to discredit and ignore him or treat him poorly. but you didn't in your fic. which was refreshing to see

i got so sick of pete bashing in fic that i stopped reading a lot of sam/jack fic
        I was challenging myself to see if I could write a character I hate without bashing them.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
          Here's a question. If Cam won the MOH , looking back how many times would Sam and or Jack have won the medal?
          Sam would have won it one for

Hathor
          The Serpent's Lair
          A Matter Of Time
          Foothold
          Nemesis
          Exodus' - if blowing up a sun isn't above and beyond the call of duty, I don't know what is.
          Failsafe
          Nightwalkers
          Grace
          The Lost City, Part 2
          The Reckoning, Part 2 - Can you really top stopping all life in the galaxy being wiped out?
          Camelot (possibly)

Maybe for 'In The Line Of Duty', 'Entity' and 'Metamorphosis' too... oops, I forgot that getting injured doesn't really qualify somebody for the CMOH.

For Jack

The Serpent's Lair
          A Matter Of Time
          Fair Game
          Shades Of Grey
          Nemesis
          Failsafe
          Lost City, Part 2

There's probably a couple I've forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor

We're back to the chocolate CMoH's, aren't we?

(I got a tingly feeling; I sense another smilie coming on...)
            sure. better coat it with candy, like m&m's or smarties. that way it doesn't melt all over their shirts
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

sure. better coat it with candy, like m&m's or smarties. that way it doesn't melt all over their shirts
              Just wrap them in shiny gold foil.

Comment

RE: Morena Baccarin as Adria - The other day, before I heard about this, I was thinking how cool it would be to have some more of the Firefly cast (in particular Morena too :O) on Stargate. Then I read the news that she is going to be on Stargate

If any of you haven't watched Firefly - THEN GO WATCH IT NOW!
                Well Morena played Inara, a highly respected Companion. Basically people in the Firefly universe would pay big money to spend a night with a Companion, who were considered among the social elite. Very spiritual kind of sexual experience I guess. Anyway, Morena played the part perfectly - A dignified and spiritual person who, if you want to be crude, is basically a prostitute.
                I'm really looking forward to how her performance as Adria turns out

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                  I agree the MOH is the highest honor bestowed on a service man or woman for his/her actions, and not to be given out lightly. I don't think Jack or Sam in the real world would have been given that many MOH, but I'm using tptb criteria not the real world.

I think in the real world if our characters were real they would have each earned the MOH. Jack for the "head sucker" and Sam for coming up with the brilliant idea of riding the asteroid through Earth.
                  I agree.

IMHO, if Jack's actions in Lost City weren't worthy of getting the MOH, then none were. SG-1's mission in LC I was to try to bring back the Ancient's depository intact, but I believe their first priority was to prevent Annubis from obtaining that knowledge.

When Annubis attacked, Jack could have easily accomplished his intended mission by simply destroying the depository. Not even the President would have questioned why he didn't stick his head into the device. However, SG-1 knew this was Earth's only real hope of defeating Annubis, so he went above and beyond the call of duty to protect Earth and his team by downloading this information into his head knowing full well what had happened the previous time. Yes, Jack may have known that the Asgard could remove the information, but he had no guarantees that they would be able to get in touch with the Asgard in time; and if they removed the information before Jack had obtained the knowledge to defeat Annubis then the entire reason for sticking his head into the device in the first pace would have been for naught.

In the Fifth Race, something of Jack's mind was trying to find away to remove this information from his brain which in turn caused a trigger for him to build an energy device to find the Asgard's home world and have the Ancient knowledge removed; however in Lost City, Jack knew that his first priority was to use this information to find a way to defeat Annubis and protect Earth. So even knowing what this information would do to his mind, knowing of the risk of brain damage and possible death, he pushed forward.

Even based on the real life criteria of the MOH, I think Jack would have received the medal for his actions in Lost City. Because he did exactly what most of the other recipients did, they protected their people even when there seemed to be no hope of survival. It was a suicide mission for Jack. The longer he pushed to find the weapon against Annubis, the less of a chance he had to save himself and yet he never gave up. When all is said and done, without Jack, it really wouldn't have mattered what Mitchell or Hammond or anyone else did, they would not have defeated Annubis' fleet.

Earth had many heroes fighting to protect her during the battle with Annubis and I'm sure most of them were deserving of a medal or two for their involvement, but there was only one man worthy of receiving the MOH that day and to me that was Jack O'Neill not Cameron Mitchell.
                  Last edited by ForeverSg1; 27 April 2006, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    Earth had many heroes fighting to protect her during the battle with Annubis and I'm sure most of the were deserving of a medal or two for their involvement, but there was only one man worthy of receiving the MOH and to me that was Jack O'Neill not Cameron Mitchell.
                    Well said.

It's rather ironic that the award TPTB seem to have hoped would automatically endear Mitchell to everybody has wound up backfiring in a way that an Air Medal or another award might not have.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      I just wanted to make sure my 1000th post is in the SaGC thread.

It was Astro who twisted my arm into checking out the thread, and I'm so glad I did. Here I have found many hours of entertainment, intelligent discussion, and good people, all dedicated to a wonderful character and an amazing actress. (((hugs to you all)))
                      WTG, Strix. I'm sure there are many Samandans, like myself, who are extremely happy that Astro twisted your arm and that you accepted her invitation.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                        Regan WOW. That was fantastic! I actually felt sorry for Mitchell, you know I think that's the first time I've felt *anything* for Mitchell?! Sorry, but not in a cringe-worthy way, in a human way. You gave his character (and his relationship to SG-1 a real dimension). You should be on the frickin' writing team darlin'!

I also loved that you pictured Sam so stand-up professionally, but so true to character. I only wish things could happen this way in canon. Huge kudos for a fic well done!

geek
                        Yeah, ReganX actually had me caring for Mitchell and feeling a sorry for him which is much more than I've felt over the past twenty episodes of Stargate.
                        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 27 April 2006, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                          Lol no hidden messages... as I understand it the answer to your question is maybe and maybe... given the historical answer would be maybe and no, I thought it was kinda interesting
                          Hmm, when and where does Comic Con actually take place again?
                          I may have to check it out this year.

Comment

Amanda, from a report on the 200th episode on the SPACE Channel. Caps & downloadable clip.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              Hmm, when and where does Comic Con actually take place again?
                              I may have to check it out this year.
                              July 20 - 23 in San Deigo, CA

Comic Con Web Site

My guess is there will be over 100,000 people this year. The Stargate panels have been on either Friday or Saturday for the last two years.
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                                Here's a nice little fic by ReganX

'Just A Number'

dealing with the leadership issues of SG-1
                                I love Mitchell. <--Just so you know where I'm coming from.
                                And Sam.

It's hard for me to express how I feel about the story, but I wanted ReganX to know how one Mitchell fan felt.
                                Spoiler:

To ReganX ...and anyone else:

Knowing the leadership issue debate and how some people think Mitchell is a doofus, and thinking you were more on the negative than positive side of that Mitchell opinion, I was pleasantly surprised with how fair you wrote him and how fair you wrote the reactions of the others to him. I was able to read this fic as a positive to Sam, not a negative to Mitchell.

It did sadden me, though, to think the gang wouldn't be together, but that's because I love the team. All four of them. I like that you wrote that the reason they chose Sam over Mitchell was because of the years of friendship and comraderie and respect, not because they didn't like or respect Mitchell. Although, it was still sad that they would make that choice - not unrealistic, but sad... for Mitchell... and me.

I'm impressed that you handled everything so sensitively, but it was still sad that Mitchell wasn't with the others in the end.

Okay, I've rewritten this a dozen times trying to get it to say what I want, but I don't think I'm expressing myself well. Bottom line, if I'm not making sense:
                                Thank you, ReganX. Not because you wrote a story about what I would like to happen, because I definitely would not like the team to break up, but because you kept it real. And fair. Hard line to walk and you did it well.

Comment

Working...
                                X