No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually looking more forward to season ten now, too; given that (I really believe) it's become more and more plausible that it'll end up being the last one. I think now that proverbial "wall" at the end of the tunnel is visible, the writing team may actually step up to the plate and write some worthy character stuff for the team, including Sam - especially Sam. Brad has always seemed more sensitive to that character than many of the other writers in general (except perhaps Mallozzi), and with Brad back in the saddle (so to speak) again, it can't help but bode for a more positive Sam Carter outlook next year. I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed, at least. So I'm finding it difficult to even be upset that the series may be coming to a close, because quite frankly, the resulting character moments we might just get because of it have the potential to make me a very happy Sam Carter fan. Indeed.

minigeek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

My expectations for S10 are low. I'm just hoping for some good Sam moments in between the Cr**. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

same here. i believe, going by the over abundance of vala in the spoilers, there won't be much overall for anyone that likes anyone else...but there might be a few moments here and there that i can enjoy before valawuv kills the show
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          same here. i believe, going by the over abundance of vala in the spoilers, there won't be much overall for anyone that likes anyone else...but there might be a few moments here and there that i can enjoy before valawuv kills the show
          Vala's ok for the occasional laugh, that's about it. But Sam, she's SO deep. Come on Sam, tell them how deep you are! Seriously, I think Stargate is a funny show already. I don't need Vala running around half naked cracking crude jokes. Sam and Janet are people(women) I can respect. Vala...not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
            Vala's ok for the occasional laugh, that's about it. But Sam, she's SO deep. Come on Sam, tell them how deep you are! Seriously, I think Stargate is a funny show already. I don't need Vala running around half naked cracking crude jokes. Sam and Janet are people(women) I can respect. Vala...not so much.
            i'm hopeful that by being around someone like sam on a regular basis, she'll be positively influenced, and become a character more suited to serving at the sgc, while still maintaining a lot of the humour.

i still think that she's gonna be the new teal'c, and be there to serve the purpose of off world/ alien expert, but i'm hoping for some good sam (and other characters) interaction too.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                i'm hopeful that by being around someone like sam on a regular basis, she'll be positively influenced, and become a character more suited to serving at the sgc, while still maintaining a lot of the humour.

i still think that she's gonna be the new teal'c, and be there to serve the purpose of off world/ alien expert, but i'm hoping for some good sam (and other characters) interaction too.
                Ahh poor Teal'c, as if he can afford to be pushed even farther back in the room (I think he's leaning out the window as it is )
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  Ahh poor Teal'c, as if he can afford to be pushed even farther back in the room (I think he's leaning out the window as it is )
                  Teal'c ? Was he on the team this past season? *snark*

I just hope that they write Sam in for lots of prime time in the 10th.
                  and
                  I hope she gets another chance to direct before the show ends.

Comment

Here's a question. If Cam won the MOH , looking back how many times would Sam and or Jack have won the medal?
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Here's a question. If Cam won the MOH , looking back how many times would Sam and or Jack have won the medal?
                      I think the first instance for Sam would be Hathor, where she led a small group of women to keep the base from being overrun by Hathor's soon to be love stuck Jaffa. Both Sam and Janet got recognized for their actions, but hey the world could have been over ridden with Goa'uld.
                      Last edited by Mandysg1; 26 April 2006, 06:44 PM.
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

If this is the last season - it may not be that way (despite the promo pictures). If it's not, and they go on, you're likely right. Either way - I'm gunning for us to get some good Carter conflict in there somewhere. Else I ain't gonna be a-watchin'

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                          Since Sam and JAck are the only team members eligible for the MOH I went back to see how many episodes I thought one or both should have received the award based on the stipulations tptb used.

I agree Mandy "Hathor" - Sam and Janet should have been award the MOH for saving Earth.

"The Serpant's Lair" - both JAck and Sam (SG-1 saved Earth from a Apophis) They risked their jobs , not to mention their lives. Heck this is one of those times poor Daniel died.

"A Matter of Time" - both Sam and JAck. Sam, Teal'c and JAck (along with Cromwell) risked their lives to shut down the gate. Sam came up with the plan and set the device (bomb) up. Jack and Cromwell placed the bomb. Teal'c along with Sam pulled JAck away from the gate saving him from the explosion.

"Foothold" - Hello without Sam and Teal'c Earth would be filled with those turtle aliens (what ... they did have those hard outer shells)

"Shades of Grey" - Jack. He saved Earth from losing all their allies and shut down part of the NID. Although not sure the government would agree to it.

"Fail Safe" - Did anyone see that asteroid hit Earth ... no? Huh must have been because SG-1! Sam and Jack so deserved a metal for that one. Daniel and Teal'c also deserved some type of civilian MOH. It was Sam's idea to ride the asteroid through the Earth and the courage from all of them to actually go through with it!

"Lost City" - JAck for sticking his head in that thing again! Sam along with the rest of SG-1 for fighting and willing to do anything to keep Jack safe. Hammond for not backing down from Anubis' ship and almost dying to protect SG-1. Jack for defeating Anubis's attack. There were a lot of hero's that day.

"Reckoning" - not sure if I need it or not, but
                          Spoiler:
                          After 8 long years SG-1accomplished their Mission! They defeated the Goa'uld and the Replicators. THey eliminated all known threats to Earth and the galaxy!
                          Hello if no MOH is given, then it never will be....

okay there is my list, feel free to disagree or to add to the list of when Sam and or JAck deserved the MOH. I even think Teal'c & Daniel deserve some type of civilian award for all the times they nearly died saving Earth too
                          Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 26 April 2006, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Yes ann_sgcfan I agree with all those examples. What we don't know (because it happened off camera) is that Sam and Jack have MOH's for all of those, they just aren't allowed to show to them off because of the top secret nature of how they got them.
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

you don't get MOH's for just anything. and only 8 people in history have gotten them twice. and out of the 3000 i think that have gotten them, 134 of those folks are alive (most are awarded posthumously)

jack i could see getting one for the head sucker but the others...no, i just see your average medal of valor for the kids

sigpic

Comment

you don't get MOH's for just anything. and only 8 people in history have gotten them twice. and out of the 3000 i think that have gotten them, 134 of those folks are alive (most are awarded posthumously)

jack i could see getting one for the head sucker but the others...no, i just see your average medal of valor for the kids
                                Ah but Sky you have to use the same type of reasoning TPTB used to give it to Cam. You see if Cam could get one for what he did then the criteria must have been changed for the show
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X