Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    For those looking for the ET Canada interview with RDA, Chevron nine has uploaded an audio file so you can listen to it.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....25&postcount=9

THanks to MAndy and Chevron nine for posting the interview and bringing it to our attention.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
      Okay after seeing the clip AT did last night on SciFi - I decided to watch the beginning of New Order Part 1 and make a few new caps for myself. So in honor of Sam & Teal'c;

Caption This:
      (from Ripple Effect, I think)
      Sam: So then after meeting with the Asgard, Colonel Mitchell actually said, "I expected pants" or something to that effect. Right in front of Kvasir!!!
      Teal'c: I do not understand why some humans continue to expect alien races to conform to human conventions, in this instance, to wear pants.
      Sam: In-DEED. Someone should start a thread....
      If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
      proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
      Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

You know I love the Sam and Teal'c friendship (sorry I'm a JAck/Sam shipper) . I think it's because of their real life friendship. I don't know the actors, but during the interviews they each talk highly about the other. CJ has called AT his sister and how much he respects her. I think AT did the same and even called CJ once during a convention he wasn't attending.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
          You know I love the Sam and Teal'c friendship (sorry I'm a JAck/Sam shipper) . I think it's because of their real life friendship. I don't know the actors, but during the interviews they each talk highly about the other. CJ has called AT his sister and how much he respects her. I think AT did the same and even called CJ once during a convention he wasn't attending.
          yeah, i love thier friendship
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hey Y'all! So Amanda eh well said something about the scenes where I just saw screencaps from? Sorry I don't have the time to swich back pages, so can anyone inform me plz.

Oh BTW I almost got a heart attack! I was watching Grounded for Live and who is the preacher who is/was a very good friend of Sean? Timmy Sheehan. And who is this character played by? The guy that plays Pete too! So after seeing him in CSI Miami, I also see him here. Pete just can't keave us alone, can he? LOL And no not a bad word about the actor, just another "Pete" sighting.

See ya soon y'all

(starts up the video with the CSI Miami episode where "Pete" Plays Paul Sanders and (spoiler) Get's killed and the team has to find out who killed him.

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

bump

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Sam: Sooo, what did you tell Vala when she asked you if you were in a relationship?

Teal'c: Not Exactly.

My bad, but after AT's comments the other night I can't help myself.

i was gonna post a caption, but nothing can top this.

Comment

btw, i read the new casting info on the main page of GW and
                  Spoiler:

i'm very impressed with the casting choice for valas youngin'. love morena baccarin (spelling wrong?), and i think she'll be awesome in that role.

however! it does bring to mind the question of how can they complain about budgetary issues of the main cast when they cast actors who should really be requesting pretty high sums of money for appearing on the show.

and here's where i bring this on topic, first of all, if they really want to cut down on costs, why not just allow amanda to direct one or two eps in exchange for keeping her salary at the same rate? isn't that how they do things? hence all the extra producers, hence alan lee (an editor) getting to direct Entity, and so on.

and again back to the casting,
                  Spoiler:
                  i really hope that amanda tapping has some great scenes with morena's
                  character . i'd say they could just knock us over if given some good material together.

i'm actually more hopeful for season 10 with that news, and i just hope they make good use of it with some amanda inclusion. yay.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                    i'm actually more hopeful for season 10 with that news, and i just hope they make good use of it with some amanda inclusion. yay.
                    Just what I was thinking
                    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      nice fic by one of our own

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/47/justa.html

good job regan
                      Thanks. Somebody's - can't for the life of me remember who - suggestion that Sam transfer and Daniel and Teal'c follow inspired it.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        Slightly OT, but I could go for Shep/Teyla, simply because Shep/Weir is a lot like Sam/Jack. Though, in my mind, Shep/Teyla is just as cliche as Shep/Weir so I'm a bit torn.
                        Any male/female relationship in a show is going to be listed as 'cliche' at some point. I find the Shep/Weir thing very cliche - particularly in the way that some of the writers for Elizabeth turn her into Mary Sue Atlantis.

I just like Shep/Teyla better than the other options, even if the fic is harder to find, and people tend to automatically dismiss you for it. Plus, it's nice to know that they're tending that way if Joe Flanigan's interviews are any indication.

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        Sam, Liz, Teyla and Vala could be pretty kickass if the writers let the actors do their own thing. I think it's at least possible that we'll see something cool from those characters.
                        Well, I haven't seen Vala very much, although from what I have seen, I love the way she interacts with Daniel. But I'm hoping that (Atlantis S3 spoilers)
                        Spoiler:
                        since Sam is supposed to be going to Atlantis for at least a few episodes that she and Teyla and Elizabeth will get to kick some serious guy ass.

To be honest, the writers are not particularly sterling when it comes to writing women. Or, more correctly, they can write kickass women, they just can't seem to write for them.

Witness AT's dilemma - stuck with the really bad 'feminist' lines until she asked them to just write for her as a character and she'd add the femininity to the character.

She got the fans a good few years of Sam - although they could always have done more!

Sel.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

... All though .... Amanda does do that whole, lying/mud/head/bleeding thing really well too... darn it.
                          Even with an ant hill under her nose! Now that's dedication!!

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                            Thanks. Somebody's - can't for the life of me remember who - suggestion that Sam transfer and Daniel and Teal'c follow inspired it.
                            waht i liked about it was that it didn't take the easy way out and bash cam or disrespect him

given his actions, it'd be far too easy to discredit and ignore him or treat him poorly. but you didn't in your fic. which was refreshing to see

i got so sick of pete bashing in fic that i stopped reading a lot of sam/jack fic
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              Everyone...prepare for an Amanda!gushfest.

Okay now, you have been warned.

I think, Sel, this sets Amanda heads and tails over most actors and actresses out there because she is able to communicate so much with so little.

I rewatched Reckoning last night and was amazed. Seriously, this woman blows me away.

In the segment with the System Lords at the very beginning, the Jaffa drag her in the room and we all see Samantha Carter. Her clothing, her hair, her facial expressions, her tone of voice. It IS Sam.

Except, it's not. It's Replicarter PRETENDING to be Sam.

So for several brief moments we see her interact with the others there as Sam. She corrects them about her rank, "Actually, I'm a Colonel now." And then Yu approaches her (no...not you, Yu). He sees her as Sam and questions why she's there.

Then everything changes. Her face contorts as she shishkabobs You...er...Yu. She turns to face the others and the effect is jawdropping.

In a split second, she goes from Colonel Samantha Carter of the Tauri to something much, much darker. The façade drops and her expression empties itself of the light and energy and pathos we're used to seeing there.

Nothing is said but her eyes communicate volumes...that she is a cold blooded, psychopathic killer. No one could react...they were all too stunned. They all knew without question they were about to die in a most gruesome manner and there was no way to avoid it. Her eyes remain emotionless as she moves toward her helpless prey.

As the scene ends, we see the exterior of the space station the System Lords use to congregate and the arrival of the Replicator ship, I guess to sell the idea that the woman we just saw was in fact Replicarter.

But did we really need that? I don't think so. Her onscreen transformation to the face of evil was convincing enough for me to know who she was.

And this is another example of why I think she is one of the most underestimated actresses out there and another reason that I will follow her career wherever it may take her...which I think should be to the stars and beyond.

/end Amanda!gushfest
                              Is it gushing if it's true? You're so right about Reckoning.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                                You know...if we didn't have the lame Lifetime movies of the week, sometimes my weekends would be rather dull. There's nothing like kicking back and snarkin' on the lameness of some of those movies. Or snarkin' cause they've WASTED Amanda's talent on that movie.

She was awesome...but once she was no longer on the screen, I couldn't care less about what happened.
                                Yeah, the Lifetime movies (often old movies of the week & now new ones) are what I call good-bad movies. Not usually great quality, but great for laying around on the couch and vegging.
                                I thought AT was believable but underutilized. She certainly was a different character than Sam. The only thing I could see about being bumbling could be that she didn't seem to do much actual investigating. When we first heard that "bumbling" reference, I thought it was going to be a comedic role or the truly incompetent cop that is a foil for the hero of the story. Oh well.

Edit: And it would be interesting to see what the ratings were like for this movie given all the AT fans flocking over for the night.
                                Last edited by jckfan55; 26 April 2006, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X