Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suse
    Hmm. What Brad said... Makes me wonder if thethey all have burgeoning families and it isy rebranded but kept the same actors could they have bumped down the pay as it was a "new" show? And hoped AT, CJ and MS would go for it as it is at least consistant pay.

Though the Cadandian dollar doing better is a factor (that interestingly BW did not mention).

Suse
    I don't understand.

I thought that the actor's salaries would be something negotiated in their contracts. Is there a fixed rate or something and if so, would the length of time they worked on a show affect that?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Just wanted to pop in for a quickie, and say "Hi".....hopefully real life will start to get back to normal (yeah, sure) soon and I'll be able to get back here. I miss you all and especially reading all your comments about our favorite character and actress. Keep up the great work!

I did get to watch Heroes and Lost City on Monday and as usual cried my eyes out......and realized again, what a fantastic job AT has done for the past 9 years.....she only gets better and more beautiful. If for no other reason (and I do have a few), I'll watch season 10, just to see where AT takes Sam, as a character. Will there be any changes....will she be more demonstrative? Will the writers finally get some real female input? Guess that's another thread......OK, later. Need to take a break already.
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by seldear
        Thanks! After The Long Goodbye aired,
        Wow, was I confused. I thought you were talking about ST:TNG. I haven't had the interest in watching Atlantis. I'm usually so pissed by the end of SG-1 the last thing I want to watch is what the same writers did to another show. A shame since during S1/S8 and early S2/S9 I enjoyed comparing the shows and deciding which storytelling I liked better. Later in S2/S9 hitting the play button after the mid mini-marathon potty break was just to hard.

Suse
        Last edited by suse; 26 April 2006, 08:31 AM. Reason: Some of the worst spelling I have ever seen.
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
          Sam: You're telling me that Cam actually thinks General Landry made him leader of SG-1 because of his "impeccable" service record and "outstanding" leadership skills?

Teal'c: Indeed.

Sam: He has no idea about the bet the general lost, does he?

Teal'c: None.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
            I don't understand.

I thought that the actor's salaries would be something negotiated in their contracts. Is there a fixed rate or something and if so, would the length of time they worked on a show affect that?
            Well if it's a "new show" they wouldn't have all that tenure built up. The base rate would be lower. They get a raise each year. A new show would at least partially hit the reset button on how much they gat paid as it's S1, not S9. Make sense?

Suse
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
              Depends on your tastes I guess... don't forget, killer wasps are people too!

Amanda's probably been offered quite a few projects through the years. Life Or Something Like It was a fairly big deal (and a pretty good movie).. I'm sure stuff like that comes along, but Amanda has shown a huge amount of loyalty to Stargate and I'd imagine she's turned down some great roles for the benefit of the Stargate family. I personally thank her profusely for it.

Well seeing as Amanda has a thing for Johnny Depp and we would all love to see her up on the big screen, I decided to rewrite history a bit.

larger image

Ok, so it's not perfect, but I still think it's cool.

I mean who knows, maybe AT could get a role in PotC 4?
              What? Amanda as a pirate? It COULD happen!
              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 26 April 2006, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by seldear
                Thanks! After The Long Goodbye aired, Alli Snow and I were squealing at each other with copious amounts of glee. Out of our group of friends, we're pretty much the only ones who ship both Sam/Jack and Shep/Teyla, so it seemed an appropriate banner.

I really do love the kickass women, Sam, Teyla and Janet and Elizabeth, even if the latter two don't get out into the field and kick ass as often as the former two.

*sighs and wishes she had enough time and several clones with which to write more kickass-women fic*

Sel.
                Slightly OT, but I could go for Shep/Teyla, simply because Shep/Weir is a lot like Sam/Jack. Though, in my mind, Shep/Teyla is just as cliche as Shep/Weir so I'm a bit torn.

Sam, Liz, Teyla and Vala could be pretty kickass if the writers let the actors do their own thing. I think it's at least possible that we'll see something cool from those characters.

Comment

nice fic by one of our own

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/47/justa.html

good job regan
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                    [SIZE="5"]
                    Sam: "Seriously, Teal'c, the mayo in this sarnie makes great hair gel. Look!"
                    scarimor

Comment

Okay after seeing the clip AT did last night on SciFi - I decided to watch the beginning of New Order Part 1 and make a few new caps for myself. So in honor of Sam & Teal'c;

Caption This:
                      You replaced my miracle whip with mayonaise didn't you?????
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Caption This:
                        Sam: So Teal'c, do you think Daniel and the Colonel realize what we've been doing?
                        Teal'c: What Major Carter, that we have been calling each other and co-ordinating out outfits?
                        Sam: Yep.
                        Teal'c: I highly doubt it.
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

For those looking for the ET Canada interview with RDA, Chevron nine has uploaded an audio file so you can listen to it.
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....25&postcount=9
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Sam: Sooo, what did you tell Vala when she asked you if you were in a relationship?

Teal'c: Not Exactly.

My bad, but after AT's comments the other night I can't help myself.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Sam: Sooo, what did you tell Vala when she asked you if you were in a relationship?

Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Yup a good one... But I tought about the same thing after AT's comment too... "They just know each other so well"...
                                Save Earth it's the only planet with Chocolate

Dance as though no one is watching you, love as though you have never been hurt before, sing as though no one can hear you, live as though heaven is on earth. - Souza

Comment

Working...
                                X