No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on your tastes I guess... don't forget, killer wasps are people too!

Amanda's probably been offered quite a few projects through the years. Life Or Something Like It was a fairly big deal (and a pretty good movie).. I'm sure stuff like that comes along, but Amanda has shown a huge amount of loyalty to Stargate and I'd imagine she's turned down some great roles for the benefit of the Stargate family. I personally thank her profusely for it.

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    Yes but even the stinkers are 100% better than the movies made for SciFi (Killer wasps anybody)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
      When we finish the favorite Sam episodes voting, we should do favorite AT acting episodes. Entity is one of my favorite AT acting episodes, but it's not so much of a Sam episode in the sense of development or action, IMHO. I think in the commentary they said the cast was joking that Amanda got to sleep through the episode b/c the Entity had no lines. But really nothing could be further from the truth. She's totally engaged. She *is* the Entity, not Sam.
      I like the way you think, jckfan!

That sounds like fun.

Comment

You know...if we didn't have the lame Lifetime movies of the week, sometimes my weekends would be rather dull. There's nothing like kicking back and snarkin' on the lameness of some of those movies. Or snarkin' cause they've WASTED Amanda's talent on that movie.

She was awesome...but once she was no longer on the screen, I couldn't care less about what happened.
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          yes, i read it. and got the same feeling.

i actually want season 10 to be the last. season 9 and their new stuff didn't impress me, or should i say, make me want to watch this new version of stargate. especially when the reasons why *i* watched became secondary concerns for the show.

If this is (for sure) the end of stargate sg1, i completely and totally want the sam/jack thing to go forward with a nice and happy (and romantic) resolution.

another thing i'd *really* like to see dealt with (sam wise) is -- spoiler for s8

Spoiler:
          i want to see 'some' version of jacob come back, because i solely miss the sam-dad relationship. i miss the sam-janet one too, but the sam-dad one was very special and made even more poignant because of amanda's and carmen's off-screen relationship.

if they had an alternate reality jacob come back, i'd be more than fine with that. killing jacob off was just... sad.

i'd also like to see the sam-cassie relay explored more.

if it's the end....

*sam and jack relay strong and happening.

*sam moving off of sg1 (let mitchell have it) to something bigger and better. like her own ship, or commanding the beta site. or going back to r&d and commanding the whole shebang. sam's a WONDERFUL commander; let her command.

*more closures with certain ppl in her life (cassie, and alt versions of janet and jacob). i also want it known that she'd stay in touch with daniel and teal'c.

*let the show end like 'hercules' did; the adventures still go on. BUT, i'd like sam, daniel, teal'c, and jack to be able to move on to other aspects of their lives. let the sgc adventures continue with landry, mitchell, vala, etc (which i won't be seeing).

*have the movie be *just* about the original sg1, who would be brought back together for whatever plot the movie could come up with.

sally
          Great ideas, Sally! And I definitely agree about the movie cast - original SG-1!
          Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
          If finances were such an issue, why bring in all these new actors you're going to have to pay loads for? It could have remained a 3 man team and held a lot of interest. New people=uninterested fan.
          I agree, LA!

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
            There was actually something I noticed in Entity that I thought was just seriously cool... and possibly a testament to the kind of detail Amanda addresses. When she's the Entity in the hospital bed, if you watch her fingers over the keyboard, she's presenting a tremor in them. Not the kind of thing most people would pick up, but I have a persistant tremor in my left hand from a stroke and if that was an intentional action on Amanda's part, she did a frickin brilliant job of it.

Just wanted to add that to the list of TBA (The Brilliant Amanda) points on offer
            yes, i noticed that too!

i always thought it was the entity's struggling to use a human body, AND its emotional sign that it was struggling emotionally. i felt it went along with the facial twitches.

i've always thought that in some cases, less is more. the way the entity was played was very different that any other alien-takes-over-your-body scenarios i've seen. instead of obvious signs and gestures, we got a creature that was still trying to control sam's body, and it actually made the entity creature... sympathetic perhaps. and it made sam seem even more vulnerable and victimized upon because she came off all the more 'taken'. does that make sense?

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Hi Sally!

Just popping in every now and then to check things out and had a quick squiz of the thread. Figured I should put in my support.

Sel.

Comment

Ahhh! I've been over whinging and ranting...too much negativity
                I had to come back to a positive place

And yes I noticed the hand tremor too in Entity, I thought of it as Sam trying to take control or the Entity not really being in full control yet.
                It was a great acting job
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  Ahhh! I've been over whinging and ranting...too much negativity
                  I had to come back to a positive place

And yes I noticed the hand tremor too in Entity, I thought of it as Sam trying to take control or the Entity not really being in full control yet.
                  It was a great acting job
                  I know - pretty intense over there huh? But then, I come back here and I think... YEAH, ain't Sam Carter beautiful??? (well, y'know, when she's not lying in the mud and bleeding from the head or anything like that...)

All though .... Amanda does do that whole, lying/mud/head/bleeding thing really well too... darn it.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by seldear
                    Hi Sally!

Just popping in every now and then to check things out and had a quick squiz of the thread. Figured I should put in my support.

Sel.

Lovin' the sig Sel!

(even though I don't really ship for atlantis peeps )

Comment

I finally finished watching the Lifetime movie AT was in. It was ok, I guess. If anything, AT should have been the lead! She would have done an awesome job! And Peter Deluise reminded me of way too much. There were a lot of Stargate actors in that movie! Only reason I watched.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                        WinRAR or any other program capable of reading RAR archives.

- - -

For those fans of the Sam-Teal'c friendship who requested it:

http://null.digitalmyrth.com/SG/amanda-24Apr06.avi
                        Yeah to hear Sam and Tealc get to share looks for season 10.

I thought they missed out on good moments in season 9 by not showing any real conflict with the new characters. Even if people get along great, when a group has been together for that many years, there will be adjustments when new people come in.

Comment

Okay after seeing the clip AT did last night on SciFi - I decided to watch the beginning of New Order Part 1 and make a few new caps for myself. So in honor of Sam & Teal'c;

Caption This:
                          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                            Okay after seeing the clip AT did last night on SciFi - I decided to watch the beginning of New Order Part 1 and make a few new caps for myself. So in honor of Sam & Teal'c;

Caption This:
                            Memento Mori Spoilers
                            Spoiler:
                            Sam: Amnesia? Really?

Hey! CI5WOL!

(Cap In 5 Words Or Less)

Comment

Not sure this counts.. but dear god she's stunning! [has a severe weakness for sleevless Carter with that hairdo]

Ok..um.. cap.. er...

Sam: You know you want it Teal'c.... don't pretend you don't.. mmm.. juicy sandwich...

Meh that sux.. but it's hard to caption while thunking, there should be a memo

Caption This:
                              sigpic

Comment

Caption This:
                                Sam: You're telling me that Cam actually thinks General Landry made him leader of SG-1 because of his "impeccable" service record and "outstanding" leadership skills?

Teal'c: Indeed.

Sam: He has no idea about the bet the general lost, does he?

Teal'c: None.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X