X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    lol, 'There are no original stories left in the world'
    Isn't that the truth, though?

I worked for Marion Zimmer Bradley (for a very brief time) when she was starting up her magazine many years ago, and she swore that there was something to the Jungian concept of a collective consciousness (although I don't think she used that terminology). She said that ideas seemed to cycle; one month she'd get a hundred story submissions with the same theme, and the next month she'd get a hundred stories with a different theme. She said it was like everyone was having the same epiphany for story ideas at the same time. I've heard other fiction editors talk about similar phenomena, as well.

I think true originality is hard to come by, although some of the writers on this list don't seem to have much trouble with it, which is why I admire them so much.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      maybe one day we could find a town in the middle and meet
      That would be great!

My LJ

Comment

Carter: Sir, if I see that damm RC car of yours again, the one with the camera on it, I'm gonna shoot it!
        LOL!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
          Isn't that the truth, though?

I worked for Marion Zimmer Bradley (for a very brief time) when she was starting up her magazine many years ago,
          what an incredibly small world. I once subbed something to her. got refused, but that's not unexpected.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

what an incredibly small world. I once subbed something to her. got refused, but that's not unexpected.
            I was really lucky in that she bought four of my stories over the years. Of course, it probably helped that she knew me. I haven't sold anything since.

My LJ

Comment

Guess the episode (I think most of these are pretty easy.)

Clip 1

Clip 2

Clip 3

Clip 4

Clip 5

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                Guess the episode (I think most of these are pretty easy.)
                Clip 1
                Clip 2
                Clip 3
                Clip 4
                Clip 5
                Great clips, NC! These are so much fun!

Clip 2
                Spoiler:
                Fragile Balance

Clip 5
                Spoiler:
                Zero Hour - I love this little dialogue repartee between Daniel and Sam!

Comment

Clip 3:
                  Spoiler:
                  First Commandment

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                    So, how about this pic?...

Where's Sam?

...and why does this pic look so funny? (I did not photoshop this 'look')

Guess The Episode

... or create an alternate episode title...
                    ... or create a caption...
                    Photo from http://www.stargatesg1971.com/index.html
                    sam is on thor's ship in new order and it looks funky cause it's replicator vision
                    Correct, Sky! I thought it was cool to get a shot of Sam 'through Replicator eyes'... something different...
                    Carter: Sir, if I see that damm RC car of yours again, the one with the camera on it, I'm gonna shoot it!
                    LOL, AD! Great caption... I can just hear Sam's exasperated, yet slightly amused, tone of voice, too!

Comment

Great clips, NC! These are so much fun!

Clip 2
                      Spoiler:
                      Fragile Balance

Clip 5
                      Spoiler:
                      Zero Hour - I love this little dialogue repartee between Daniel and Sam!
                      Clip 3:
                      Spoiler:
                      (Highlight below to read):
                      First Commandment
                      Not only are you two good, but you're fast! Blue jello to both of you.

NC

Comment

...So, how about this pic?... just what is our intrepid hero doing?

Guess The Episode
                        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...hepisode3x.jpg
                        ... or create an alternate episode title...
                        ... or create a caption...

And if anyone can find a better pic
                        of this scene and our heroine, please post it - this is the clearest pic I could find.
                        AgentD - you don't get to guess the episode... because I *know* that you know it... but you could send me an explanation (in spoilers) for why she's holding 2 guns that way!
                        Photo from http://www.stargatesg1971.com/index.html
                        FIND A BETTER PIC???? This sounds like a job for...

The Royal Photographer!!!!!

Whew! I'm glad that I as The Royal Photographer still had a job here...I was beginning to wonder for awhile!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Ahah! See AstroG, that red thing that Teal'c's holding is the thermographic sensor thing, and it's why he gave his P-90 to Carter

Comment

dont they look cute together???

even keeping it gen, i love the sam and teal'c friendship issues

AT and CJ have done such a good job with the few scenes they get together

I sorta see tealc as the only one she can really confide in

jack, well jack's her boss. gotta keep that distance and propriety

daniel, she's daniel's friend, and daniel's boss. so while they do conspire together on projects, i see her keeping a bit of a distance

jonas, she was jonas's big sister in a awy. i think she loved teasing him and i really saw her relax around him

but teal'c..well yes, she is teal'c's boss...but also t-man does tend to go off and do his own thing, even does it to jack. i think teal'c respects her immensely and is very much her big brother...very big
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              Whew! I'm glad that I as The Royal Photographer still had a job here...I was beginning to wonder for awhile!!
                              Great pics, Uber! Thanks so much for posting them!

Comment

Here are links to the first and second parts of the MGM interview:

MGM Tapping Interview Part 1
                                transcript for part 1 transcribed and posted by Morjana

MGM Tapping Interview Part 2

A couple of excerpts:

AT: [Sam's] softened... she started out very didactic, very out to prove herself, in a not so accessible way, I think that she put up a lot of walls, because she's, you know, 'I am a woman and I can do just as well as you can', as oppposed to just settling back and saying 'just see what I'm capable of'... and the writers and producers, to their great credit, have warmed her up. She now has a sense of humor, she's a lot softer, she's not afraid of her femininity so much....

As near as I can tell, AT's feelings about this must pretty much stem from that COTG briefing room scene... the 'reproductive organs' spiel, followed by the playing with dolls (Matt Mason), and the challenge to an arm wrestle.... Because after that first episode, I don't think that Sam came across as outspoken and 'in your face' about female equality. In fact, I've been impressed with how the main approach has been one of 'she's just one of the team'. (Well, until we get to Seasons 7 and 8).

---------

I really like how AT always emphasizes that she'd like to see more team episodes and more stories that feature the interactions between the members of the team. Go AT!

-------

AT: And she is now a Colonel, she's a Lt. Col., and we've seen her in command and I'd like to see more of that. I'd like to see her expand on that, you know, see her plan missions and see her follow them through, that kind of thing.

All I can say is... I agree! Wholeheartedly! Sam in command!

------------

As was stated on another thread, AT sounds congested - I think she had a cold... and she sounds tired... to be honest, she sounds like she's moving at what I'd call a 'normal pace for the rest of us' instead of the normal, bouncy and energetic AT pace. And she doesn't give a lot of big smiles... she looks pretty drained, and I think she needed to spend a couple of days just resting and recuperating. Very nice of her to sit for this interview.
                                Last edited by astrogeologist; 28 March 2005, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X