Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    astro: I missed your Season 7 comment summary post? Eeek .. I apologize! AstroG hangs head in embarrassment...
    ...LOL! That was one of my favorite Sam highlights, too, deepspace! Thanks so much for citing it... (and AstroG goes back and inserts deepspace's comment into the Season 7 summary list )
    no no no! didn't you hear me, I was happy you didn't put them in! I'm sure I said that! Gee. *regrets opening mouth earlier*

    ...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

    HIC COMITAS REGIT!

    Comment


      Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Oh Strix you are a godsend!! I stumbled across this site over six months ago and thought it was extremely interesting but I haven't been able to find it since!! You have my everlasting gratitude for posting it!!
      You are very welcome.

      My LJ

      Comment


        Originally posted by deepspace
        no no no! didn't you hear me, I was happy you didn't put them in! I'm sure I said that! Gee. *regrets opening mouth earlier*
        LOL! I, erm, did hear you... but am still feel like a doof for missing your comments... and don't feel bad about opening your mouth - or any such... your posts and comments are great! Keep posting!

        Comment


          So, hoping that the Royal Guards don't haul me off for a little off topic ramble, but... Have you ever seen any fanfic that introduced working dogs to the SGC? You know, invisible-alien-detecting dogs in the Gate room; naquada sniffing dogs to go off world to find naquada deposites; goa'uld attack dogs that run through the defense shield while the goa'uld is busy blasting somebody with the ribbon device... Seems like dogs could have a lot of valuable uses...

          My LJ

          Comment


            Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Oh Strix you are a godsend!! I stumbled across this site over six months ago and thought it was extremely interesting but I haven't been able to find it since!! You have my everlasting gratitude for posting it!!

            Kat

            Edit: I have a quick question about Sam's birthday that's been bugging me.
            I have seen different information regarding Sam's birthday. In Entity, her records show that her birthday is December 29, 1969. At least that's what I could read of it. But other people, like this site, state that her birthday is in May due to Olin giving her an emerald and stating it as her birthstone.

            So in terms of canon, which would most people consider to be correct? I always figured it was Entity as it was suppose to be her personal files and the government would have the correct information.

            I really think the writers need an assistant to keep up on this type of information. I'd like to volunteer my services.
            I think the rule of thumb is to go with spoken canon over prop canon. Mainly because it's quite easy for props to be forgotten about and never used again and in the case of Entity, only exist digitally. (I remember reading that somewhere, on a site explaining why there would be differences in the birthdates).
            I would keep her birth year as 1969 (Sam is meant to be the baby of the group isn't she?), but have her birthday somewhere in May (besides, who wants to have a birthday so close to Christmas )

            Comment


              Originally posted by Strix varia
              So, hoping that the Royal Guards don't haul me off for a little off topic ramble, but... Have you ever seen any fanfic that introduced working dogs to the SGC? You know, invisible-alien-detecting dogs in the Gate room; naquada sniffing dogs to go off world to find naquada deposites; goa'uld attack dogs that run through the defense shield while the goa'uld is busy blasting somebody with the ribbon device... Seems like dogs could have a lot of valuable uses...
              Yeah I remember reading a series that had the SGC establish a K-9 SG team. Was femslash though, and delved into pure smut at the end of it (not that I was complaining ) but other than that I can't think of any.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                Yeah I remember reading a series that had the SGC establish a K-9 SG team. Was femslash though, and delved into pure smut at the end of it (not that I was complaining ) but other than that I can't think of any.
                Ah bugger it. And here I was hoping to have an original idea. (I should have known better...)

                My LJ

                Comment


                  So, how about this pic?...

                  Where's Sam?

                  ...and why does this pic look so funny? (I did not photoshop this 'look')

                  Guess The Episode

                  ... or create an alternate episode title...
                  ... or create a caption...
                  .
                  .
                  Photo from http://www.stargatesg1971.com/index.html
                  .
                  .

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Strix varia
                    So, hoping that the Royal Guards don't haul me off for a little off topic ramble, but... Have you ever seen any fanfic that introduced working dogs to the SGC? You know, invisible-alien-detecting dogs in the Gate room; naquada sniffing dogs to go off world to find naquada deposites; goa'uld attack dogs that run through the defense shield while the goa'uld is busy blasting somebody with the ribbon device... Seems like dogs could have a lot of valuable uses...
                    they would. and a real base probably would. one the show...it's probably too much money to wrangle the dog

                    ooh, and strix, tornado alley? where in tornado alley? I'm in kansas
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?


                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by astrogeologist
                      So, how about this pic?...

                      Where's Sam?

                      ...and why does this pic look so funny? (I did not photoshop this 'look')

                      Guess The Episode

                      ... or create an alternate episode title...
                      ... or create a caption...
                      .
                      .
                      Photo from http://www.stargatesg1971.com/index.html
                      .
                      .
                      sam is on thor's ship in new order and it looks funky cause it's replicator vision
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?


                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Strix varia
                        So, hoping that the Royal Guards don't haul me off for a little off topic ramble, but... Have you ever seen any fanfic that introduced working dogs to the SGC? You know, invisible-alien-detecting dogs in the Gate room; naquada sniffing dogs to go off world to find naquada deposites; goa'uld attack dogs that run through the defense shield while the goa'uld is busy blasting somebody with the ribbon device... Seems like dogs could have a lot of valuable uses...
                        There have been two instances where they've used dogs on SG-1, but only on Earth.

                        Enigma and Bane.

                        And... uh... Sam was a great character in both eps.

                        Edited to say that these two eps prove that there is a canine unit attached to the Cheyenne Mtn of the Stargate universe, so, it would be believable to have such a unit in a fic. The only fic I've read where a dog went on a mission was SG-P. Very cute and good, too.

                        http://sg1-heliopolis.com/archive/53/sgp.html
                        Last edited by Tok'Ra Hostess; 27 March 2005, 06:03 PM.
                        Gracie

                        A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."


                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Strix varia
                          Ah bugger it. And here I was hoping to have an original idea. (I should have known better...)
                          lol, 'There are no original stories left in the world'

                          And if you were going to write a fic about it - do it! I love reading your fic

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Skydiver
                            ooh, and strix, tornado alley? where in tornado alley? I'm in kansas
                            I'm an Okie. (Stillwater/OSU)

                            My LJ

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by astrogeologist
                              So, how about this pic?...

                              Where's Sam?

                              ...and why does this pic look so funny? (I did not photoshop this 'look')

                              Guess The Episode

                              ... or create an alternate episode title...
                              ... or create a caption...
                              .
                              .
                              Photo from http://www.stargatesg1971.com/index.html
                              .
                              .
                              Carter: Sir, if I see that damm RC car of yours again, the one with the camera on it, I'm gonna shoot it!

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Strix varia
                                I'm an Okie. (Stillwater/OSU)
                                looks to the south and waves!!!!

                                maybe one day we could find a town in the middle and meet
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?


                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X