Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by astrogeologist
    ...So, how about this pic?... just what is our intrepid hero doing?

    Guess The Episode

    ... or create an alternate episode title...
    ... or create a caption...
    .
    .
    And if anyone can find a better pic of this scene and our heroine, please post it - this is the clearest pic I could find.
    .
    .
    AgentD - you don't get to guess the episode... because I *know* that you know it... but you could send me an explanation (in spoilers) for why she's holding 2 guns that way!

    .
    Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Spoiler:
    Avatar
    Correct, Kat! Nice ID (and from such a slim snapshot!

    Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    Spoiler:
    lol, other than wanting to kick severe Kull Warrior Arse?
    Teal'c hands her his own P-90, so he can look at this thermographic sensor thing to detect the cloaked Kull Warrior. And Carter ends up with two P-90's
    It's not entirely stupid either; the P-90 doesn't produce very much recoil, its ambidextrous and its a compact bullpup design. And since Sam is quite used to using one, I'm sure she'd be able to handle Dual P-90's easily
    And of course, it is a game after all She could be walking around with two M-60's in her hands and it wouldn't be that odd (for a game )
    Gotcha, thanks for the explanation, AD (I haven't seen that episode yet).

    Comment


      Just want to second all the comments that call for a *professional* Carter in Season 9. Being *human* doesn't mean they have to write in a soapy love story for her. Just show her interacting with the team and others as a person now and then. I remember one of the DVD commentaries said fans want to see the team's personal lives. *glimpses,* yes--not whole stories devoted to them--at least for my taste.

      Comment


        I've tried playing with one of the pictures you guys posted. Let's see if this works.
        Attached Files

        Comment


          Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          I'm not sure what the first ribbon on her uniform is... It may in fact be the Air Medal award she was given in season 2, but it's hard to tell.
          That is a nice site. I think the first ribbon is the Airman's medal, isn't it?

          Arduinna has a great reference site, also, if you aren't familiar with it. In addition to showing awards and decorations for everyone (including Hammond and Jacob), she has probable salaries, and all kinds of other info about Stargate. It's my favorite research site, although I find the frames annoying.
          http://www.trickster.org/arduinna/stargate/sam.html

          My LJ

          Comment


            Originally posted by jckfan55
            I've tried playing with one of the pictures you guys posted. Let's see if this works.
            It worked - and LOL at the caption, JckFan!...
            Last edited by astrogeologist; 27 March 2005, 01:11 PM.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Strix varia
              Arduinna has a great reference site, also, if you aren't familiar with it. In addition to showing awards and decorations for everyone (including Hammond and Jacob), she has probable salaries, and all kinds of other info about Stargate. It's my favorite research site, although I find the frames annoying.
              http://www.trickster.org/arduinna/stargate/sam.html
              This is a great biographical Sam site, Strix! Lots of great info, the author deserves some applause for all of her work. Love Math listed as one of Sam's 'languages'!

              Comment


                Originally posted by astrogeologist
                It worked - and LOL at the caption, JckFan!...
                yay! Little did we know that's how Sam *really* decides these things.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Strix varia
                  That is a nice site. I think the first ribbon is the Airman's medal, isn't it?

                  Arduinna has a great reference site, also, if you aren't familiar with it. In addition to showing awards and decorations for everyone (including Hammond and Jacob), she has probable salaries, and all kinds of other info about Stargate. It's my favorite research site, although I find the frames annoying.
                  http://www.trickster.org/arduinna/stargate/sam.html
                  Yes, boy is that site complete! I think Sam was supposed to have gotten the air medal (which is for heroism) but according to some people what they show is the airman's medal which is something different. I think there's a whole thread on Gateworld that deals with military stuff. I check in now and then on this kind of stuff. I was surprised by the pay estimates. It didn't think they'd make that much money. Of course, given they way they save the planet weekly, it's not much. I wonder if they have a category of "offworld hazard pay" in addition to regular hazard pay? I wonder if Sam went civilian, as some people have suggested she might, if she'd make less or more $. not that that is her primary concern, of course.

                  Comment


                    Just have to say thanks to all you fellow Samandans who have given me green points. I just noticed that my last block is *glowing!*

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by jckfan55
                      Just have to say thanks to all you fellow Samandans who have given me green points. I just noticed that my last block is *glowing!*
                      Congratulations. This means you are now naquada-enhanced. Now, if only I could work out the decay rate....
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        Great you're back majorsam! I want to hear about all your trip. Please post about it.
                        I find it very strange seeing pictures of Amanda like that. She really doesn't seem like the same person! Well, I mean, in a way I guess she isn't. I like pics of Sam in green . But thanks anyway.
                        I still can't believe that you actually CAUGHT UP here in seven hours! I only had 20 pages to read once, and it took me four hours a day for three days! You are a fast reader .

                        I see season7 poll is finished and 8 is up. Thankyou for posting all the season7 comments astro! I think out of all of us you really put the most work in here! I sighed with relief when I noticed you hadn't included mine though. I was really regretting that I'd posted them. I'm going to spend a little more time this time on my season8 comments, write them less lazily.

                        astro: Love Math listed as one of Sam's 'languages'!
                        well, I watched Space Race the other day, and loved the part where he hands her the instruction manual for the ship. He tells her that he had it translated into their language. O'niell looks over Sam's shoulder and says something like "that's not our language", and Sam says, 'No sir, it's mine."

                        ...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

                        HIC COMITAS REGIT!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by jckfan55
                          Just have to say thanks to all you fellow Samandans who have given me green points. I just noticed that my last block is *glowing!*
                          Congratulations, JckFan!
                          You're ascending!
                          Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                          Congratulations. This means you are now naquada-enhanced. Now, if only I could work out the decay rate....
                          LOL, Dipsofjazz!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by jckfan55
                            I wonder if Sam went civilian, as some people have suggested she might, if she'd make less or more $. not that that is her primary concern, of course.
                            Arduinna estimates Daniel's pay (as a top level govt. scientist in the Denver area) at $122,408 to $145,600. Assuming her sources are fairly accurate, Sam might actually make more money as a civilian.

                            I do have to wonder, though, because that seems fairly high to me, for a linguist/anthropologist/archeologist, anyway. But, who knows...

                            My LJ

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Strix varia
                              That is a nice site. I think the first ribbon is the Airman's medal, isn't it?

                              Arduinna has a great reference site, also, if you aren't familiar with it. In addition to showing awards and decorations for everyone (including Hammond and Jacob), she has probable salaries, and all kinds of other info about Stargate. It's my favorite research site, although I find the frames annoying.
                              http://www.trickster.org/arduinna/stargate/sam.html

                              Oh Strix you are a godsend!! I stumbled across this site over six months ago and thought it was extremely interesting but I haven't been able to find it since!! You have my everlasting gratitude for posting it!!

                              Kat

                              Edit: I have a quick question about Sam's birthday that's been bugging me.
                              I have seen different information regarding Sam's birthday. In Entity, her records show that her birthday is December 29, 1969. At least that's what I could read of it. But other people, like this site, state that her birthday is in May due to Olin giving her an emerald and stating it as her birthstone.

                              So in terms of canon, which would most people consider to be correct? I always figured it was Entity as it was suppose to be her personal files and the government would have the correct information.

                              I really think the writers need an assistant to keep up on this type of information. I'd like to volunteer my services.
                              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 27 March 2005, 03:27 PM.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by deepspace
                                I see season7 poll is finished and 8 is up. Thankyou for posting all the season7 comments astro! I think out of all of us you really put the most work in here! I sighed with relief when I noticed you hadn't included mine though. I was really regretting that I'd posted them. I'm going to spend a little more time this time on my season8 comments, write them less lazily.
                                I missed your Season 7 comment summary post? Eeek .. I apologize! AstroG hangs head in embarrassment...
                                Originally posted by deepspace
                                well, I watched Space Race the other day, and loved the part where he hands her the instruction manual for the ship. He tells her that he had it translated into their language. O'niell looks over Sam's shoulder and says something like "that's not our language", and Sam says, 'No sir, it's mine."
                                LOL! That was one of my favorite Sam highlights, too, deepspace! Thanks so much for citing it... (and AstroG goes back and inserts deepspace's comment into the Season 7 summary list )

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X