Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by binkpmmc
    or voluntarily stepped down as showrunner the way that Steven Bochco did after he was brought in by the network suits and ruined Commander in Chief (at least Bochco had the good sense to realize he was hurting the show and if a guy, who is absolutely HUGE in network TV, can admit he was not cut out to be showrunner of that show a knucklehead like cooper should also be able to realize - then again the arrogance factor plays a real role with cooper so I am not surprised. cooper would be wise to take lessons from major network movers and shakers like J.J. Abrams and Bochco who are willing to admit mistakes -- and these are guys that deal in huge network stuff with 3, 4, 5 times as many viewers as Stargate). The Bochco debacle at CiC at least makes me realize that network suits all over the place think they know what is going on and they don't and at least it's not just the idiot suits at sony/skiffy that screw up a good thing. I have to give Bochco credit for having the cajones to step down as showrunner at CiC even though it was the network suits that brought him in - too bad TIIC at Bridge don't have the same set of cajones.
    Well....we can dream, can't we?

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Oooo, I liked this part.

Now "SG-1" has reached yet another stage of life with Browder and Black in the mix -- and, perhaps, Anderson returning part-time at some point. (He stressed that was up to the producers and MGM.)
      Heh, heh. Yeah, I noticed that, too. It was a very nice article. And yes, despite the fact that he's been gone for a year and despite the fact that season nine tried to bury the character, it really does seem that RDA is still the star of this series. He has been on public display rather often the past couple of weeks, and the mere mention of guest appearances have provided the show with more positive press than anything since the end of season eight. Even I'm surprised at how often I've seen his face and read his name in the past few weeks. Maybe I'm reading way too much into things, but it seems to me that there has been much backpedaling (I can't seem to spell that word) and pandering lately on the part of Scifi, Bridge, whoever. Whatever the case, I'm not complaining.

And I don't really think that this is the issue, but it couldn't hurt for MGM to back up a dump truck full of money to RDA's house and leave it on his doorstep. Having O'neill part time sounds like a possible show-saver as far as I'm concerned. Yep, that's right. I'll do anything to get the original team back on tv. ANYTHING. Oh, don't look at me like that. Judge not lest ye be judged.

Comment

I'm quite surprised at how giddy I got just seeing Rick & Amanda together on the gateramp again... lol.. absence does make the heart grow fonder I suppose

One thing I noticed in the CTV clip that I haven't seen mentioned, when Brad Wright was talking they credited him as Brad Wright - Executive Producer/Show Runner

Thought that was mildly interesting
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
          Heh, heh. Yeah, I noticed that, too. It was a very nice article. And yes, despite the fact that he's been gone for a year and despite the fact that season nine tried to bury the character, it really does seem that RDA is still the star of this series. He has been on public display rather often the past couple of weeks, and the mere mention of guest appearances have provided the show with more positive press than anything since the end of season eight. Even I'm surprised at how often I've seen his face and read his name in the past few weeks. Maybe I'm reading way too much into things, but it seems to me that there has been much backpedaling (I can't seem to spell that word) and pandering lately on the part of Scifi, Bridge, whoever. Whatever the case, I'm not complaining.

And I don't really think that this is the issue, but it couldn't hurt for MGM to back up a dump truck full of money to RDA's house and leave it on his doorstep. Having O'neill part time sounds like a possible show-saver as far as I'm concerned. Yep, that's right. I'll do anything to get the original team back on tv. ANYTHING. Oh, don't look at me like that. Judge not lest ye be judged.

I think they are backpedaling too, and I think this is also evidenced in the Monday night interviews---CB talking about the importance of RDA, MS talking about the importance of character moments so we can care about the characters, AT mentioning team episodes --the team going through the gate together, and the acknowledgement of Sam/Jack ship (whether one is anti, non, or pro---it does exist on the show and in season 9 it was swept under the rug).

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy

i yearn for the original team too. i still think we could have gotten the old stargate vibe (old, as in season 8 ) with just sam, daniel, and teal'c on the team. i don't mind landry and the ori new stuff, but mitchell and vala leave me cold. but i think we're stuck with them.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              i yearn for the original team too. i still think we could have gotten the old stargate vibe (old, as in season 8 ) with just sam, daniel, and teal'c on the team. i don't mind landry and the ori new stuff, but mitchell and vala leave me cold. but i think we're stuck with them.

sally
              I definitely think that the team vibe would have remained intact with just Sam, Daniel and Teal'c on the team - in fact, we could well have seen more interaction between them and seen them form a very effective, well-adjusted team under Sam's leadership.

I think that your right about being stuck with Mitchell and Vala, more's the pity, but until Season Ten starts I can cherish the hope that I will actually see something of the characters I care about.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                I definitely think that the team vibe would have remained intact with just Sam, Daniel and Teal'c on the team - in fact, we could well have seen more interaction between them and seen them form a very effective, well-adjusted team under Sam's leadership.

I think that your right about being stuck with Mitchell and Vala, more's the pity, but until Season Ten starts I can cherish the hope that I will actually see something of the characters I care about.
                Yes! Why couldn't they have stayed the three man team? Did they think that new people would spice things up? Often times new people on a show are a complete turn off to fans. I'll tolerate everyone but Vala...she best stay away from Sam's position on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                  Yes! Why couldn't they have stayed the three man team? Did they think that new people would spice things up?
                  Sadly, I think that they did.

Often times new people on a show are a complete turn off to fans.
                  If well handled, new characters can have a positive effect on a show but inserting them into the line-up is a tricky business, even trickier if the show has been running for a long time.

It requires finesse, a balance between introducing the new character and showing something of them but never taking focus away from the established characters.

I'll tolerate everyone but Vala...she best stay away from Sam's position on the team.
                  Vala doesn't bug me nearly as much as Mitchell, but I fear that next season could see her shoving poor Sam even further into the background.

Comment

Now that Jack's gone, Sam is my favorite character. Seeing her shoved aside is an insult to her character, AT, and to all of her fans. Evidently, TPTB forgot how to be tasteful in season 9.

Comment

Another character tournament.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...94#post5186394

Comment

Has anyone noticed that on the charity auction site for the lunch with RDA/AT that they have a list of the signatures on the paddle and they include only pre-season 9 cast members/guest stars?

Paddle is signed by:
                        • Richard Dean Anderson
                        • Amanda Tapping
                        • Christopher Judge
                        • Michael Shanks
                        • Don S. Davis
                        • Teryl Rothery
                        • Dan Shea
                        • Colin Cunningham
                        • Gary Jones
                        • Tony Amendola

No Ben, Claudia or Beau? Doesn't that seem strange? I'd be interested to know who signed the paddle they are auctioning off with Ben's lunch date. Also if you haven't checked it out recently, the bidding is up to $17,000. Did I not say it would top $20k? Man I'm jealous.

https://www01.charityfolks.com/cfauc...per%20Alliance

Comment

You know, I've only been watching since August, and I know that it's just not the same since RDA left. And how could RCC not know how to use AT? How could he even say that? She's like the most amazing actress ever playing the coolest character! Oh, I think they need fan advisors or something, because sometimes they just don't get it.
                          lol, L.A. Yep. A fan advisor would definitely be cutting edge - but interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                            I hope they've learned their lesson as well.

Shallow note: I really like AT's hair in your sig---I think I'm going to like her hairstyle for season 10. I've liked all her hairstyles---she looks great with any of them, and this one is looking mighty fine.

Such a nice pic of RDA and AT. Nice to see them together.
                            Shallow butting in on your shallow note...

I love it too. There have been a couple over the years that haven't been my favorite but because they're on her, I like it.

BECAUSE I'M JUST THAT SHALLOW.

Speaking of Favorite!Sam!Hairstyle...here's mine:

Why, you ask? Because it's cool. It's in charge. It's beautiful. It's feminine without "taking away" from her authoritative presence.

And it's cool.

Oh wait, I mentioned that already.

What's your Favorite!Sam!Hairstyle? Or perhaps you have a Favorite!Amanda!Hairstyle...a style she maybe used in some non-SG-1 capacity or just in an interview.

So? What is it? And yes...a picture IS required here if you're gonna play.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                              lol, L.A. Yep. A fan advisor would definitely be cutting edge - but interesting!
                              *raises hand*

I SO volunteer. I'd fix the show to make it just absolutely perfect. A fan's dream. A wonder of wonders.

Of course it would require the AF advisor signing off on Sam's promotion to Full Colonel, RDA to come back in a more fulltime capacity, Janet rising from the dead, a big honkin' truckload of TNT to blow up those stinkin' F304s and a crate of french vanilla flavored whipped cream (the kind you spritz out of cans).

What?

It's my fantasy.

Geez.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                Whoa! I've missed something! What is Engaged to Kill.....and where can I see it?

Engaged to Kill is the Lifetime movie that AT is in. It airs this coming Monday (4/24) at 9:00/8:00 centeral here in the states.

By the way love the new sig!! I'm so glad to see AT and RDA are remaining such good friends. Loved the cast photo they did for the 200th ep.

Comment

Working...
                                X