Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Skydiver
    yeah, i feel that AT was just getting past that 'awkward growout' stage when she got it cut

    when you grow your hair out, it takes a few months to train it, and hers was jsut getting there
    I loved her hair in season 4, when it was long, especially in WoO.

    Comment


      Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
      I loved her hair in season 4, when it was long, especially in WoO.
      I like her hair no matter how she does it - it always seems to look fantastic on her, but I have to admit, I always had a preference for the way she looked with it cropped short and sassy. Not a huge preference, I just always thought it looked fab on her. She did look a bit like a teenager with it uber short, though. I have to admit, I envy her that. She's ten years older than me and she looks about five years younger!

      Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

      Comment


        Originally posted by minigeek
        I like her hair no matter how she does it - it always seems to look fantastic on her, but I have to admit, I always had a preference for the way she looked with it cropped short and sassy. Not a huge preference, I just always thought it looked fab on her. She did look a bit like a teenager with it uber short, though. I have to admit, I envy her that. She's ten years older than me and she looks about five years younger!
        My mom made the comment that she would look good bald. Very true. She's just a very pretty person.

        Comment


          Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
          My mom made the comment that she would look good bald. Very true. She's just a very pretty person.
          Yep. She's been blessed with fine bone structure, which makes her features delicate and allows her to wear virtually any hair style without pause. Especially on a tall person, that's a wonderful attribute to be blessed with.

          Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

          Comment


            yeah, she's very lucky

            not only to have physical beauty but inner beauty too
            Where in the World is George Hammond?


            sigpic

            Comment


              Originally posted by Skydiver
              yeah, she's very lucky

              not only to have physical beauty but inner beauty too
              Heh, Ain't a person in this thread who doesn't have inner beauty. No luck involved in that, if you ask me. It's all in the soul. Where we all tend to need a little bit of luck, is with the "pretty outside" part(s). But you're certainly right about the fact that in AT's case, she has both - in spades.


              EDIT-> Actually,this got me thinking about a conversation I'd had. I have a friend who works as a makeup artist in television right now, and she's told me more than once that she doesn't care what a person looks like coming in, she says she can make anyone look beautiful, because everyone has beautiful "bits" about them, no matter what; she says all she has to do is accentuate those "bits", and downplay the bits that aren't as (societally) spectacular. And since she is a professional expert in the field, I guess that must be true! (though I have a pretty darn hard time believing it while I'm standing in front of the mirror with my hair dryer doing little to quell the unrully mop on my head some mornings! Then again, I'm not her. Maybe I should get her to come over those mornings... lol )
              Last edited by minigeek; 20 April 2006, 07:11 PM.

              Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

              Comment


                There is a new article in the Seattle Post about the 200th party along with a few words from AT. Full Artcile

                "Honestly, it can be a little frustrating," Tapping admits, "because our show is so successful. And I think we really came into our own, or people started to recognize the show, in our later seasons, which is sort of odd. Usually by season seven, shows are petering out. We were really ramping it up and gaining new momentum.

                "So it's kind of weird to start out floating under the radar, on Showtime, to move to Sci Fi and to start to gain a bigger audience," Tapping continued. "But now we're getting sort of usurped by the 'Battlestar Galacticas' and the 'Losts.' But we're like the little show that could."
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  Hailey( thinking to self ): Good grief, not only is Samantha Carter a giant within the Airforce Academy, she's freaking huge in person as well. What is she like 6ft tall in heels and gorgeous at that. Why don't they just shoot me now?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by tsaxlady
                    There is a new article in the Seattle Post about the 200th party along with a few words from AT. Full Artcile

                    "Honestly, it can be a little frustrating," Tapping admits, "because our show is so successful. And I think we really came into our own, or people started to recognize the show, in our later seasons, which is sort of odd. Usually by season seven, shows are petering out. We were really ramping it up and gaining new momentum.

                    "So it's kind of weird to start out floating under the radar, on Showtime, to move to Sci Fi and to start to gain a bigger audience," Tapping continued. "But now we're getting sort of usurped by the 'Battlestar Galacticas' and the 'Losts.' But we're like the little show that could."
                    Thanks for the link! It was an awesome article. The little show that could...so true!

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      Hailey( thinking to self ): Good grief, not only is Samantha Carter a giant within the Airforce Academy, she's freaking huge in person as well. What is she like 6ft tall in heels and gorgeous at that. Why don't they just shoot me now?
                      Lovely. Poor Hailey.

                      Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by binkpmmc
                        Does anyone know what episode repeated on Friday, March 31? Thanks.
                        THE FOURTH HORSEMAN - PT 1

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                          Happy Birthday, deepspace!

                          Happy Birthday, Carson's Girl!

                          Happy belated birthday from me too!
                          Sorry I wasn't here yesterday!

                          Comment


                            sg-1fanintn is that a new pic of AT and RDA in your sig?
                            sigpic

                            my fanfic

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by tsaxlady
                              There is a new article in the Seattle Post about the 200th party along with a few words from AT. Full Artcile

                              "Honestly, it can be a little frustrating," Tapping admits, "because our show is so successful. And I think we really came into our own, or people started to recognize the show, in our later seasons, which is sort of odd. Usually by season seven, shows are petering out. We were really ramping it up and gaining new momentum.

                              "So it's kind of weird to start out floating under the radar, on Showtime, to move to Sci Fi and to start to gain a bigger audience," Tapping continued. "But now we're getting sort of usurped by the 'Battlestar Galacticas' and the 'Losts.' But we're like the little show that could."

                              Oooo, I liked this part.

                              Now "SG-1" has reached yet another stage of life with Browder and Black in the mix -- and, perhaps, Anderson returning part-time at some point. (He stressed that was up to the producers and MGM.)

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                THE FOURTH HORSEMAN - PT 1
                                Thanks for the info - interesting that it did not even break into the Top 10 for sci-fi that week and the lowest rating posted for the Top 10 was a 0.9 IIRC - wonder if "THEY" are getting it yet. Again, IIRC, the repeats usually made the Top 10 in past seasons and had ratings better than 0.8s - the repeats of S9 seem to be doing quite dismally as I have been sort of tracking this out of morbid curiousity. Wonder how the repeat ratings, coupled with the less than stellar ratings for the first run airings, will affect the syndication package that stations are willing to pay.
                                Last edited by binkpmmc; 20 April 2006, 08:01 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X