No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I was waiting for SOMEONE to post SOMETHING... but seeing as no one has, I'll do this now because I want to post elswhere..

MY 900TH POST!!!! WOOOOOOOOH *dances round* *Totally has no idea WHAT i've posted to get to 900, but *shrug* YAAAY. To celebrate i'm going to post a RIDICULOUSLY excesive amount of Sam!With!Weapons pics!!!

The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Wow, they wouldn't let me post all my pics in one post

Told you it was excessive

MSam

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

parting sidenote -

the 101 reasons why sam carter is cool:

1 - because she's played by amanda tapping!

2-101 - because she's played by amanda tapping!
        Here Here and Hurrah

:| How Is it that I quoted Sal's post... but then ended up BEFORE her... :|

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
          i can just see jack standing there the way he did in Allegiance. Harry: "Jack...a little help?!!" Jack: "sam...stop."
          i just visualized this.... thank you!

sally

parting sidenote -

the 101 reasons why sam carter is cool:

1 - because she's played by amanda tapping!

2-101 - because she's played by amanda tapping!
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
            Here Here and Hurrah

:| How Is it that I quoted Sal's post... but then ended up BEFORE her... :|
            ESP?

Seriously, MSam, those Sam!With!Weapons pics are way cool ! You have quite a collection, my friend.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
              ESP?

Seriously, MSam, those Sam!With!Weapons pics are way cool ! You have quite a collection, my friend.
              *grins evilly* Yeees... my telepathic powers let me do maaany things

I'm glad you like the pics That's not even my whole collection, lol. I do seem to have many after... *strokes chin* 8? years collecting them? *shrug* Entire Gigabytes of my comp are taken by Sam!Pics

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Congratulations, MajorSam, on 900 posts!!!!!

Comment

so, there's a new interview with rob cooper on gateworld's homepage. lots of talk about the new season, but none of it about the characters (stories for them).

here's an excerpt:

GW: Tell us your overall impression of the new season of SG-1. With Vala entering the mix full-time, there's even more change for SG-1 this season.

RCC: Yeah, it's not that much of a change. She was obviously a big part of Season Nine, and we all loved having her and loved the dynamic she brought to the team. The one difference is we get to have her and Carter together this year, which is proving to be a lot of fun. Everybody is having a great time.

~~

so, i guess we can look forward to some sam-vala moments?

i'm very down with the show now. the only thing i am excited about is rda/jack coming back and sam/jack ship. but i'm 'trying' to be optimistic about this above detail...

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

so, there's a new interview with rob cooper on gateworld's homepage. lots of talk about the new season, but none of it about the characters (stories for them).

here's an excerpt:

GW: Tell us your overall impression of the new season of SG-1. With Vala entering the mix full-time, there's even more change for SG-1 this season.

RCC: Yeah, it's not that much of a change. She was obviously a big part of Season Nine, and we all loved having her and loved the dynamic she brought to the team. The one difference is we get to have her and Carter together this year, which is proving to be a lot of fun. Everybody is having a great time.
                    ~~

so, i guess we can look forward to some sam-vala moments?

i'm very down with the show now. the only thing i am excited about is rda/jack coming back and sam/jack ship. but i'm 'trying' to be optimistic about this above detail...

sally
                    I read that interview too, and still don't feel good about RCC being in charge. Everyone was supposedly having a great time last year, but it didn't mean we had a great show.

OOPS -- SNARK ATTACK!

EDIT: Think about the ship.....deep breath.....think about the ship.....calm....peaceful......think about the ship.....

Comment

RCC: {snip} we all loved {snip} the dynamic she brought to the team.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

People, where ARE YOU!?!?!?

Team type fic with quite nice Sam!Whump!!!! http://www.stargatefan.com/fictionms...alonefull.html

it was recced to me in taht it had a good Sam!Flogging scene... lol...

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm sorry I haven't been here in a while. My wrist, which I broke a few years back, acts up on me every now and then, so I've been trying to limit my time on the comp.

This is a bit overdue, but Congrats on 900 posts MajorSam!!

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          I read that interview too, and still don't feel good about RCC being in charge. Everyone was supposedly having a great time last year, but it didn't mean we had a great show.

OOPS -- SNARK ATTACK!

EDIT: Think about the ship.....deep breath.....think about the ship.....calm....peaceful......think about the ship.....
                          Yes, that is what I'm doing. I have learned to concentrate on the stuff I am looking forward to, rather than anything negative. It is far less stressful that way

About tonight's ep (Grace Under Pressure)... although the absence of some characters very much annoys me I think Amanda is brilliant I love how she plays Rodney's hallucination. And I just love how the part of Rodney that knows what to do is manifested in his subconcious as Sam. It so figures
                          Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                          Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Congrats on 900 Sammo. And thanks for the pics. And I'm watching Rising again and lamenting that it went downhill from there.
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                              I've been giving this a lot of thought over the past week or so, and I'm beginning to wonder if their plan might be to
                              Spoiler:
                              give Sam command of whatever our new ship is. They said the command issue would be resolved in S10, and that would be a way to do it without making either Sam or their Cam fans angry. Sam gets a bigger command.....and Mitchell gets SG-1.....and no one can really be mad about it, ya know?

It would also explain Sam making trips to Atlantis on a regular basis in S10. At this point, I see only two potential problems arising from this scenario:

1. Sam needs a more substantive role than any of those starship commanders have had (except maybe Caldwell--he's been key in several SGA eps).
                              2. So far, our starships have been getting blown away on a regular basis! I don't want anything to happen to Sam!

(No wonder the U. S. military pays $600 for a hammer! They slough off the rest of the money to build new starships!!!)

Yeah. I wouldn't like that very much-so at least one Sam fan would be angry. Probably angry enough to stop watching, actually.

Spoiler:
                              Doing that would be shuttling Sam into even more of a 'just supporting character' role. I think we'd see less of her than we do now, and any chances of seeing her relationship with Teal'c and Daniel and Mitchell grow and expand would be nil. There has been enough separation of the team members this season-that would just exacerbate an already bad situation, imo.

Plus I hate the emphasis on ships already-it takes away from what I loved about SG1-the gate travel, the exploration. Having Sam on a ship would take her out of all of those kinds of episodes-except as the dues ex machina who comes in and rescused the guys from whatever mess the writers can't be bothered to fix more believably.

The more I think about it, the less I like it. Television doesn't often make me sad, other than within an emotional episode of some show, but that move would make me very sad.

edited to ask: So for those who read the interview with RCC, which I have zero desire to do, does it seem that he will, indeed, be showrunner again next year?
                              Last edited by Deejay435; 15 April 2006, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Hi guys!!!!
                                Where is MB here, hmmmmmmm?????
                                Because, girl, I loveeeeeeeee your video!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!
                                You did good

Comment

Working...
                                X