• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Dimple!!!

:melts:
    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

Sam thought the revolutionary new hairdrier Janet loaned her left a lot to be desired.
      scarimor

Comment

p.s.
        stupid imageshack
        sigpic

Comment

LOL

thanks. i made them when i was writing the wormies fic. but since gatcon is gone, so is wormcon and, well i'm doubtful that there'll be any more. After all
          Spoiler:
          wormhole extreme DID get cancelled although i hear there's a movie in the works
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            LOL

thanks. i made them when i was writing the wormies fic. but since gatcon is gone, so is wormcon and, well i'm doubtful that there'll be any more. After all
            Spoiler:
            wormhole extreme DID get cancelled although i hear there's a movie in the works
            I loved the wormies fic, it made me laugh so so so much You know... maybe upcoming events might inspire a new generation of fans and conventions?
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              I find it amusing that they said "As far as we know this is Amanda’s only convention appearance for 2006 in all of North America—get this AMAZING SG-1 COLLECTIBLE with her signature while you can!" They make it sound like you can't just go up on Legends website or their own and buy any photo with her autograph on it for less than $40.00. What did I tell you about Stargate fans being nuts!
              which is wrong. she has two that i know of. the vancouver con last month and shore leave.

You know, i'm torn on the collectibles. AND I AM IN NO WAY RAGGING ON THOSE THAT BUY THIS STUFF I'm glad that folks can and do

it's great to have and cool to get these things. LIke the auto'd pics and the such. But at other times, it's rather depressing that, only those that can or are willing to run up thier credit cards are 'worthy' of getting to spend time with the actors.

yes, i know, it's simple supply and demand and everyone has different income levels and that's just how life is but....it gets frustrating to be at a con and see only the wealthy/well endowed with credit cards, fans get the cool stuff while the run of the mill average fans get a pat on the head and pushed along down the hall

Now, if i had triple my income, i'm not hypocritical enough to say that i wouldn't spend the money. I probably would. what's the fun of having it if you can't enjoy it....it just...gets depressing is all.

And it also annoys me a bit to watch others do everything they can to make money off the actors. Yes, cons like creation do give fans a chance to meet and get to know the actors...but - no matter what their press kit says - tehy ain't doing itout of the goodness of thier heart, but with an eye on the bottom line. They're just using these actors to make a buck. just like mgm/sony/scifi are

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                I loved the wormies fic, it made me laugh so so so much You know... maybe upcoming events might inspire a new generation of fans and conventions?
                i dunno. we'll see.

sigpic

Comment

i dunno. we'll see.
                  *pouts* pretty please!!

Seriously, those fics were a stroke of genius. I don't know where you get it from. Just been rereading them. I'm horribly hungover (but at least I can breathe again, I hate corsets) and it's a great hangover cure. Drags me out of the grumpy phase.

Comment

you guys realize that we're gonna hit post 36,000 this weekend or so?

sigpic

Comment

you guys realize that we're gonna hit post 36,000 this weekend or so?
                      Hmmmmm. Weren't we celebrating 30,000 not long before the Vancouver con That's scary, if it is.

Comment

we're a prolific bunch

that's cause sam gives us so much to talk about

sigpic

Comment

we're a prolific bunch

that's cause sam gives us so much to talk about
                          And we actually talk, as opposed to just squeeing, thunking and "dying" like a lot of other threads

I have no idea what's wrong with me at the moment... I'm so snarky

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            And we actually talk, as opposed to just squeeing, thunking and "dying" like a lot of other threads

I have no idea what's wrong with me at the moment... I'm so snarky
                            Uh oh, Snarkgate is having an affect on TJ
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

beachhead - i'm back! (where's my command?) by majorsal
                              I love this one.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                Woah

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6620218430

8x10 photo of Amanda and Teryl, signed by both, went for $585 US
                                Dang. That makes me want to break out my photo signed by half the original members of original BSG and see how it would do at auction.

You know, except for wanting to keep it.

Comment

Working...
                                X