• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    Ascension...
    "There's An Alien In My Basement" is Not a Sexy Come-on

Fifth Man...
    Don't Lock Sam in a Room with a Computer, if You Don't Want Her to Hack Into the System

Red Sky...
    Don't Bypass Protocols, Genius

Between Two Fires...
    With Artificial Intelligence, Creepiness and Obsession Know No Bounds

Stay Away from the Spineless Weenie or You'll Regret it 9 Years from Now

Desperate Measures...
    Rescue Me

Wormhole X-Treme...
    Mockery is the Highest Form of Flattery

Fail Safe...
    Damn Crystals

The Warrior...
    *insert snarky grin here*

Between Two Fires-LOL! And Ascension. And 2001.

You guys are SO good at this.

Comment

redemption
      99 new recruits on the wall.....

descent
      speedos not required

frozen
      The Ice Queen cometh

nightwalkers
      Leather is good for what ails ya

abyss
      hijacked

shadowplay
      and you thought you had troubles

the other guys
      keystone coombs

allegiance
      when in doubt, follow the man with the big gun

the cure
      what's the shelf life on a pickled snake?

prometheus
      it may be ugly, but it's hers

unnatural selection
      fifth...sixth...seventh time's the charm

sight unseen

smoke and mirrors
      Jack in chains...my dreams have come true

paradise lost
      what do you do when you lose a colonel?

metamorphosis
      clean up on aisle 5

disclosure
      size is relative

forsaken

changeling
      gimme more hose jack, you're nowhere near the fire

memento

prophecy
      see, will you listen to me next time

full circle
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Tangent: Yes, Jack, our ship is bigger than yours.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

full circle
          Full Circle: Daniel, I am so not talking to you...
          sigpic

Comment

Ripple Effect or...
            They thought they could make up for the lack of Sam in Season 9 by putting hundreds of Sams in one episode!
            Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

2001...Incoming!
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                descent
                speedos not required
                darn!
                sigpic
                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Ohhh ok.. I think I can play this.... ummmm... maybe.. I'll give it a shot

Death Knell - You think you had a tough day?!

Grace - You think you had a tough day?! - the sequel

Foothold - Will the real Jack O'Niell please stand up!

Avalon - Wherefore art thou SG-1

Avalon II - Wherefore art thou SG-1 part 2

Camelot - Wherefore art thou SG-1 part 20

Beneath The Surface - This isn't the vacation I had in mind

I dunno.. is that in line with the game?

sigpic

Comment

Nightwalkers...Snaked today gone tomorrow
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      [on edit] And I don't know if sending mud-pies is allowed. But I'm sure Joe wouldn't mind getting a Mississippi mud-pie.
                      We can always send him a cow pie from Lancaster, PA that someone mentioned bringing to Shore Leave.

(Relax, it's chocolate, marshmellow and a few other things.)

Suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Small Victories: I don't like the yellow ones

Rite of Passage: Cassie Has Two Mommies

The Sentinel: The One Where Sam Doesn't Do the Science Stuff
                        Nightwalkers: We're way cooler than you are

The Changeling: Firefighters Are HOT!

Heroes 2: She's Dead, Sam
                        Paradise Lost: Maybourne, You Are a Polygamist Every Day of the Week
                        OOPS! I meant It's Good to be King

edit:
                        Watergate: The One with Counselor Troi in a Submarine

edit2:
                        New Order 2: The One With Naked Gooey Sam
                        Last edited by DEM; 12 April 2006, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                          Yes, and I think Mandy was sort of saying that too. I don't think she disagrees (she can correct me if I'm wrong in saying that, but I don't think I am ). I don't think she disagrees with that at all, and from what she wrote, I think she actually made a really great point as well.

The automatic, immediate physical attraction is a part of the equasion (but perhaps a smaller part) than what really ends up becoming the primary attractive factor.

By that I mean, for a lot of women (including the amazingly intelligent, albeit fabulously fictitious Sam Carter), the primary attractive quality we look for in a partner stems from our ability to respect that person; to laugh with them (and occassionaly at them), and to have a meaningful dlalogue (verbal or non verbal ) with them.

Hence, women are often stereotyped as being "emotionally older" than men of the exact same age. I say stereotyped because it's absolutely not a universal truth. It is, however, a general status quo.

So women (in general) who find themselves attracted to a man, quite often find themselves attracted to an "older" man as a result. Whether that's 5 years or 15 years. As we grow older, the lines of "age" begin to blur a lot more. As in, they matter less and less.

What I got from what Mandy was saying, was that - while initially she saw an automatic social taboo (older man and a much younger women), she very quickly began to get to know the characters (as 'people'), and therein lay the REAL foundation for what the attraction between Sam and Jack is really about. Sam Carter is not about model-quality-gorgeousness in her guys (See: Pete Shanahan <ahem>); she is, however, all about the stuff beneath.

I'm not saying RDA (and by extension Jack O'Neill) isn't, to borrow a phrase from AD "Teh Hawt" , because he IS. Just as much as Sam is. But I am saying that from a female POV revolving around attraction, I think a lot of Jack's "sex appeal" does stem from his personality. Both the actor, and the character he plays.

That's what Mandy was (I think) trying to illustrate with her point, too. She didn't see it until she could feel it. Until she got to know the characters. And the same thing is (I think) very true for Sam Carter as well.

All the (so-called) initial "attraction" Carter felt for O'Neill - which some might argue was a "first sight" sort of thing - did stem from both her homework on his background (prior to meeting him) and the very telling tete-a-tete they had as a first conversation. The immedate attraction there (to my mind) was always far more firmly rooted in their personalities than it was in their physicalities. I think the physicality of it was there, and was probably amplified and multipled a few hundred times because of the emotional/interpersonal connection that sparked between. Which, of course, went on to grow into something a great deal more.

As an aside, I also think Jack's backstory (coupled with his SG-1 canon story) proves he's always been a sucker for smart women, too. He tends to find himself attracted to the kind of women who can stand up to him, or point out when he's being an idiot; and who'll have no compunction about calling him on it (see Sara, Kerry, Sam...).

That's one of the reasons I always rationalized his so-called loyalty to Laira in "100 Days" as being far more a product of his own internal guilt (for giving in and promising her something out of a need to find solid footing and move forward), than it ever was of his actual "love" for her. Jack doesn't make promises lightly, he feels things deeply, especially his own guilt (much like Sam again), and therefore tends to end up caring about the people near him - a lot more than he'd ever want to admit to. I'm saying he's got a heart as big as all outdoors locked up inside of him, and since Sam's pretty damn perceptive, I also think that's yet another reason she fell for him as hard as she did.

So, yeah.... that's Sam (with a side order of Jack) - to me.

minigeek
                          Excellent Mini! I'll remember you if I need help explaining something..which is most of the time

Comment

The Lost City : Finders Keepers

Torment of Tantalus: The Naked Truth

Is this working?

Comment

Nightwalkers: Trenchcoats and creepy towns aren't just for Mulder and Scully.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

(super snippage)

So, yeah.... that's Sam (with a side order of Jack) - to me.
                                i can't green you, but i wanted to tell you that i love, LOVE, LOVE your post!

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X