Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    So I was reading some of the comments here about Sam not getting the recognition and awards she deserves.

I tend to agree.

Here's a little remedy to the situation...Oooober!style:

http://www.uberamandafan.com/assets/...muchbetter.jpg
    What...too much?

I mean I can tone it down a hair if I've over done anything.

Just...you know...let me know.

((((Oooooober)))) love it! but where's her sash (or cape, or big poofy dress or whatever they wear now-a-days)?

:rays for SGA:: lets hope weir doesn't fall into the TIIC/sam trap. i so love TH.
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

So I was reading some of the comments here about Sam not getting the recognition and awards she deserves.

I tend to agree.

What...too much?

After everything Sam has done, nothing is too much.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
        OK, so now that I'm thoroughly depressed *grin*

How about we wonder what kinds of (perhaps miraculous) GOOD things TPTB could do with Carter next year to make her role amazing again?

Now, Astro already listed a few examples. Which were awesome. Full bird colonel being one. That'd be totally sweet.

I also heard from an anonymous source that Carter
        Spoiler:
        might get a chance to use one of those Ori staffs next year
        which sounds pre-tty coolio to me. Can't wait.

Hey, maybe she'll actually get to FLY SOMETHING?!?!?! Well, a gal can dream, can't she?

mgeek
        maybe she'll actaully do something...you know...carterish. the stuff that makes you go "wow. WAAAAAAAY smarter than me." and go dig up those cursed old science textbooks. you know, drive an asteroid through earth, rewrite the laws of physics, blow up a sun, rewrite the laws of physics again, you know, be creative.

or, she could yell at mitchell. personally, that would make me happy. and not (just) because i want mitchell to get yelled at, but because sam deserves to teak him down a notch.
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

I'm interrupting the great discussions to share something from the latest Stargate Official Magazine. There's a day in the life article about Jan Newman, the head make-up artist for SG-1. Here's her 6:00 am paragraph.

"Amanda Tapping arrives with her gorgeous baby, Olivia - wonderful start to my day! Amanda's make-up is very uncomplicated - a straight military look. When Amanda moves over to hairstylist Brenda Turner's chair, I get to have a cuddle with Olivia while waiting for my first alien."

By the way, this was about the only thing I could find worth mentioning about Amanda in this issue of the magazine. There's a nice interview with CJ, but not much about AT or Sam. (To be fair, not much about MS, or CB either, and only a short article about BB.)

Now, return to the discussions, please.

NC

Comment

I tend to agree.

What...too much?

Love the increased salad. LOL at the crown.

Comment

i can just hear jack

'is that a scepter in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?????'
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                i can just hear jack

'is that a scepter in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?????'
                it's my scepter honest
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  No it was the writers trying to force it on us, just like "getting the band back together"

Here's a link to the online bidding page, read the description they have for the show, there is something very interesting in there
                  https://www01.charityfolks.com/cfauc...per%20Alliance
                  That information comes straight from SciFi web site. They have had Mitchell listed as being a Major on part of their site since last July and have never corrected the information even though they have been told more than once about the error. I believe that when plans were first made for S9 Mitchell would be a Major but with Amanda being out the first 5 episodes of the season the plan chancged and Mitchell was made a Lt. Col.
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                    wow, totally missed the salad. ::squints:: where'd u get those?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      it's my scepter honest
                      he's not being deceptive now is he???
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Awww... babies & aliens... that's cute!

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                        I'm interrupting the great discussions to share something from the latest Stargate Official Magazine. There's a day in the life article about Jan Newman, the head make-up artist for SG-1. Here's her 6:00 am paragraph.

"Amanda Tapping arrives with her gorgeous baby, Olivia - wonderful start to my day! Amanda's make-up is very uncomplicated - a straight military look. When Amanda moves over to hairstylist Brenda Turner's chair, I get to have a cuddle with Olivia while waiting for my first alien."

By the way, this was about the only thing I could find worth mentioning about Amanda in this issue of the magazine. There's a nice interview with CJ, but not much about AT or Sam. (To be fair, not much about MS, or CB either, and only a short article about BB.)

Now, return to the discussions, please.

NC
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                          Awww... babies & aliens... that's cute!
                          Must be waiting for Thor to pick up his daughter. (I think all the Thor/Sam shippers are starting to get to me )
                          Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                            How is going from being in command of however many people were working in the Research and Development section of Area 51 - was that Maybourne's job in Season Two? - to being second in command on a team she has previously led not a demotion in position?
                            Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                            you know what i really love about this argument? (some) people that use it think it would be a demotion to MITCHELL if he was taken from his role as CO of SG-Me. yes, sam goes from head of Area 51 to 2IC of an (granted, the flag-ship) offworld team, and its not a demotion. but mitchell goes from learning to lead an offworld team in peace time (a team that happened to consist of only him), to being the 2IC of said team during The Biggest War Humanity Has Ever Fought, and he's demoted.
                            forgive me if i missed that logic.
                            Yeah, I'm right with you on that. That was one of the things that hit me when Sam returned to the SGC, that she had not one but two commands taken off her in a very short space of time. That does not look good on anyone's resume.

TPTB really need a smack upside their heads, (RoX looks longingly at favourite cricket bat <sigh>) they were so intent on making Cam the next best thing since sliced bread that they didn't see how much they were dissing Sam (well I hope it was unintentional).

What I'd like to see for S10 is that neither Sam or Cameron get a promotion (hopefully this is just a fan based notion) as all I can see is a continuation of the problem that TPTB created in S9. What I'd like to see is Sam's position at the SGC be clarified. I can't see General O'Neill letting Sam take a huge backwards career step and be made 2IC of SG-1 again.

How about she is the SGC's new troubleshooter, a special position that reports directly to General Landry and takes advantage of ALL her skills; military, scientific and her general coolness. Then when she doesn't have a special project going, like taking SG-5 out in Prototype or running the rescue mission for Teal'c, she helps out on SG-1 breaking in Lt Colonel Greenie
                            Last edited by RealmOfX; 11 April 2006, 07:36 PM.
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
                              Must be waiting for Thor to pick up his daughter. (I think all the Thor/Sam shippers are starting to get to me )
                              olivia's just bonding with jack and teal'c's symbiote.
                              EDIT: wow i totally took that the wrong way, didn't i? no idea what i was thinking (because that's unsual for me). darn, and i thought it was a funny joke, too. no soap, radio.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                                I embellished a lot more than the salad and the crown/sceptre.

There are at least 2 other additions. Can you see 'em?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X