Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by minigeek
    Hey guys. We were discussing in another thread, when Sam might reach full bird colonel (as she'll apparently be eligible this next year)

    It got me to thinking ... I know this might be a silly shipper thing to say but ... I always thought it'd be so poignant and so awesome if Jack had pinned his own silver oak leaves on Sam. But maybe he could use his own bird when she takes full bird. Not that they'd show us that - I just thought it'd be such a great, emotive moment. Because I think Sam has always admired and respected Jack so much, it would mean such a huge amount to her to have him give her his own jewlery.

    Hey - any fic author want to write a short scene/story around that? I'll take Lt Col, or ficticious full bird (future) Col ...

    It could be written so many ways. If you don't buy into the ship, it'd just make a really powerful friendship moment. If you DO buy into the ship, well then I (personally) would wonder how much it'd mean from that angle, too.

    *sigh* I'm all nostalgic tonight.
    Well mini if Strix or I wrote it, you know Sam would have to get a major whumping first, then Jack would have to sit by her hospital bed playing with the ties on the back of her gown waiting for her to wake up and....
    sigpic

    my fanfic

    Comment


      please don't run with this, but i have heard VAGUE rumors that someone is going to get promoted in s10. is this confirmed?

      EDIT: ah, the "leadership issue will be delt with". anyone know anything more clear than that?
      sigpic
      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

      Comment


        I watched 48 hours last night.
        Brilliant Sam snarkiness.
        What more is there to say?

        Oh right... Mackay was a JERK! Oh god was he a jerk. I keep forgetting what he was like back on SG1. The Mckay on Atlantis isn't nearly as bad.

        ...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

        HIC COMITAS REGIT!

        Comment


          Originally posted by deepspace
          I watched 48 hours last night.
          Brilliant Sam snarkiness.
          What more is there to say?

          Oh right... Mackay was a JERK! Oh god was he a jerk. I keep forgetting what he was like back on SG1. The Mckay on Atlantis isn't nearly as bad.
          Maybe he grew up a bit between '48 Hours' and when he started on Atlantis.

          Sam's positive influence, no doubt.

          Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

          Comment


            Originally posted by ReganX
            Maybe he grew up a bit between '48 Hours' and when he started on Atlantis.

            Sam's positive influence, no doubt.
            Well he had to have started growing up after the whole Redemption incident. Where he was wrong. Again. And Sam was right. Again.


            ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

            Comment


              Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
              please don't run with this, but i have heard VAGUE rumors that someone is going to get promoted in s10. is this confirmed?

              EDIT: ah, the "leadership issue will be delt with". anyone know anything more clear than that?
              PR you may not want to know, you may end up burying your head in the sand, then we may never see you again
              Spoiler:
              There is talk of Mitchell being stuck in a snow storm at the General's cabin whining(my word) about being in charge but not being able to give Sam orders b/c they are the same rank, and Daniel and Teal'c are civilians so he can't order them around either...whine, whine whine
              sigpic

              my fanfic

              Comment


                Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                Well he had to have started growing up after the whole Redemption incident. Where he was wrong. Again. And Sam was right. Again.

                Poor McKay. When somebody like Sam is first, though, there's definitely no shame in being second.

                I liked 'Grace Under Pressure'. I thought that the Sam-apparition represented what McKay had admired in Sam; her creativity, wisdom, almost intuitive flair for science and her artistry developing in himself during his time on Atlantis, and that his subconscious manifested this new side of his mind as Sam, since he associated these qualities with her.

                Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  PR you may not want to know, you may end up burying your head in the sand, then we may never see you again
                  Spoiler:
                  There is talk of Mitchell being stuck in a snow storm at the General's cabin whining(my word) about being in charge but not being able to give Sam orders b/c they are the same rank, and Daniel and Teal'c are civilians so he can't order them around either...whine, whine whine
                  Aw! Maybe Landry should send him on a nice, long leadership workshop - preferably lasting until six months past the end of the show's run - to help him work out these issues.

                  Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by ReganX
                    Poor McKay. When somebody like Sam is first, though, there's definitely no shame in being second.

                    I liked 'Grace Under Pressure'. I thought that the Sam-apparition represented what McKay had admired in Sam; her creativity, wisdom, almost intuitive flair for science and her artistry developing in himself during his time on Atlantis, and that his subconscious manifested this new side of his mind as Sam, since he associated these qualities with her.
                    Oh yes. A brilliant episode IMHO.

                    I loved how McKay trusted Carter above anyone else in the universe and how she became the embodiment of his deep seeded wisdom. That's quite telling about how much he really respects her. Regardless of the trash he talks when with her, the whole "dumb blonde" routine, in truth he trusts and admires her...even to the point where he realized that the only reason she (the figment of his imagination) came on to him was to distract him. Why? Because his mind created her to be too much like the real Sam and he knew she wouldn't act like that. She's too respectable to do what he wanted to do.

                    Loved it and frankly it was the best Sam Carter I saw of the 2005-2006 year and it wasn't even her...which should give you some indication as to how unhappy I am with the dreadful lack of utilization of the Carter character this past year on SG-1.

                    ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      Loved it and frankly it was the best Sam Carter I saw of the 2005-2006 year and it wasn't even her...which should give you some indication as to how unhappy I am with the dreadful lack of utilization of the Carter character this past year on SG-1.
                      McKay can come up with a better characterization and portrayal of Sam when he's concussed and freezing than the SG-1 writers have managed all season.

                      That's so sad!

                      Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                        Mini!!!!

                        Argh!!!

                        :headdesks:

                        Stop giving me IDEAS!

                        I have to go to bed!

                        I have to get up early!

                        I have to work on my "If RDA appears and actually acts in ep 200" story!

                        And now I have Jack on the bridge of the Odyssey checking his eagles that he's just pinned on Sam's shoulders and saying "I got 'em for killing people on the president's orders - I guess it kinda makes sense you get 'em for saving the president's life. Again. Evens it out, or something."

                        And Sam just touches his face - then hugs him.

                        And the captain of the ship is standing there, bouncing on his heels, waiting for her to sign her commission papers...

                        Oh, dear...
                        Gaah you can't stop there! More!! We wants the rest of the fic...!

                        Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

                        Comment


                          Cross posting this picture to make two points.

                          1. Amanda Tapping is stunningly gorgeous.

                          2. Wouldn't she make a great Colonel???



                          PROMOTE SAM CARTER!!!
                          This ad has been brought to you by the "Promote Sam to Full Colonel" campaign.
                          No animals were harmed in the production of this presentation.

                          Last edited by Uber; 10 April 2006, 10:21 PM.

                          ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            PROMOTE SAM CARTER!!!

                            I second the motion.

                            Plus, I wanted my 500th post to be here.

                            Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by ReganX
                              I second the motion.

                              Plus, I wanted my 500th post to be here.
                              Congrats on 500 and thank you for flying Samanda Airlines.

                              Please be sure to return your tray to its fully upright position.


                              ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Mandysg1

                                http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2302/oom7jh.jpg

                                Sam: Ah Sir, what are you doing?
                                Jack: I'm looking for something Carter?
                                Sam: What? Why are you looking there?
                                Jack: I got intel from one of the majors that there may be an alien device around here.
                                Sam: So why are you trying to look down there?
                                Jack: Because MajorSal said it would probably be in the first place I would want to look

                                i'm trying to control my off topicness, and i can't green you, but i just had to say YAAAAAY!

                                and thanks




                                sally
                                sally

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X