Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    In case you haven't already seen this.....

Darren has posted a couple of new articles in the past hour. One is on Dr. Lee. The other is a GW article about an article that appeared in Saturday's Vancouver Sun. One quote out of Darren's article:

But the exciting news is that a Stargate movie is still in the works. Wright and his writing team have written a screenplay for a feature film, which he hopes will be produced in the near future.

Squeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

The rest of the article discusses Stargate's secrets to success. You can read it here:

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/n...a7&k=25558&p=1
    ::returns squee:: SQUEEEEEEEEE!!! wait...does movie mean RDA? ::dies:: please?
    after reading the article: SG-1 theme park rides? why have i not heard of this?! ::runs off to google it::
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

But the exciting news is that a Stargate movie is still in the works. Wright and his writing team have written a screenplay for a feature film, which he hopes will be produced in the near future.
      Yay! I hope it's got the original team in it, though.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
        ::returns squee:: SQUEEEEEEEEE!!! wait...does movie mean RDA? ::dies:: please?
        after reading the article: SG-1 theme park rides? why have i not heard of this?! ::runs off to google it::
        Since it's a movie, I'm hoping it will be the original four (sorry no newbies) but that's just my wishful thinking
        (given the ratings I'd hope they would think so too)
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
          Since it's a movie, I'm hoping it will be the original four (sorry no newbies) but that's just my wishful thinking
          (given the ratings I'd hope they would think so too)
          is RDA more open to movies? what's that schedule like? what about CA? TR? Come on TPTB, details, details! this just made my life a whole lot better.
          sigpic
          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
            Can I move to your world?

And anytime I read about Amanda making a disparaging comment about her own looks, I just want to smack her.

I have one of her picks set as the background on my work computer, and at every, single meeting I have been to in the past couple of years with my computer, the guy(s) next to me invariably ask, "Who's that?" (Oh, and in one case, another lesbian.) Firefighters, at least, find Amanda to be very hot. And I, introvert that I am, am always glad to have a conversation starter.
            Maybe you should put up a background of Firefighter!Sam from The Changeling

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
              Don't forget 'Seth' and 'Fair Game'. There are probably others I've forgotten.
              I also forgot Exodus. It would be a REALLY long night on Sci-Fi channel if I was picking the "Sam saves the day" episodes. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                I also forgot Exodus. It would be a REALLY long night on Sci-Fi channel if I was picking the "Sam saves the day" episodes. LOL
                They could always spread it out over a week.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  That's the thing CG...I don't think Amanda GETS that she's gorgeous. I don't think she sees her as being anything special. I think she sees herself as a fairly decent actress with fairly decent looks but doesn't understand that in reality she raises the bar in both talent and appearance.

And when I think of her not seeing how stunningly gorgeous she is...I just wanna smack her around a bit.

But in a NICE way.

Hey, just smack her with a pillow, OK, Über? Don't wanna muss up the gorgeous - much less jostle the talented brain. Or provoke the royal security force...

Maybe we need to get Amanda a mirror that says "Take a look at the best!" on the frame?

(I wonder if Allan would like a t-shirt that says "I'm married to the most beautiful and talented woman in the room" enough to wear it around his wife on a regular basis...???)
                  Last edited by Simhavaktra; 10 April 2006, 05:40 PM.
                  ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Simhavaktra wrote

<(I wonder if Allan would like a t-shirt that says "I'm married to the most beautiful and talented woman in the room" enough to wear it around his wife on a regular basis...???)>

I like that idea. Maybe at least 7 to be worn during the week and a sweatshirt or two.

I know if my ex would have worn one, he'd still be my present. (sorry for the OT)

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      Wow great post TJ and I do agree this is a great thread, and I'm sure Amanda would agree, since she said she come here when she's feeling down. Everyone here seems accepting of everyone else (we may tease the shippers/non shippers ) but it is all in fun. And if you find yourself drooling, your always welcome to borrow my bucket
                      (((TJ)))
                      Ahhh, what she said..only without the bucket

Comment

Yup. They already know. The writing is on the wall. Pretty sure Skiffy told them S10 is the last for SG-1.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                          Yup. They already know. The writing is on the wall. Pretty sure Skiffy told them S10 is the last for SG-1.
                          I was thinking the same thing but then I thought, if they are still pulling in mucho numbers of viewers, would they close up shop? That's still big bucks coming in. On the other hand did I hear MS may be leaving with the possibility of CJ following or was that a rumour? If that's true, I could see them pulling up stakes.

Comment

there are no confirmed rumors of actors leaving beyond fan speculation

AT will be on atlantis an unknown number of episodes, likely late in the season, MS will be in only 16 eps

as to shutting it down, well there is also the very vague rumor from a german magazine that interviewed Joe M, where he made mention of a third incarnation

thus we can draw the conclusion that MAYBE, the 'feature movie' may be the pilot for a new show

and given the slavish devotion that skiffy, et al seems to have for all things vala, ben and puppets....i personally doubt that any of the original three will feature in it beyond passing the torch

but my glass is usually half empty, so take it for what you will
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                              I was thinking the same thing but then I thought, if they are still pulling in mucho numbers of viewers, would they close up shop? That's still big bucks coming in. On the other hand did I hear MS may be leaving with the possibility of CJ following or was that a rumour? If that's true, I could see them pulling up stakes.
                              If the numbers of viewers are declining, then it is very possible that advertisers are less keen, so the show wouldn't be making as much money.

At this point, I don't think that the show would survive losing Amanda, Michael Shanks or Christopher Judge, let alone more than one of them.

A movie, whether TV or box office, starring the original quartet (quintet, if you count Hammond) would probably pull in more viewers and allow SG-1 the dignity of a decent ending, one last note of glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                and given the slavish devotion that skiffy, et al seems to have for all things vala, ben and puppets....i personally doubt that any of the original three will feature in it beyond passing the torch

but my glass is usually half empty, so take it for what you will
                                Could somebody warn me if that ends up being the gameplan - it'll probably be out in the US before it comes here - so I can avoid it like the plague?

Comment

Working...
                                X