Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginalynn71
    I've been lurking in this thread for a while, and came across this post. Its funny because the other day I heard this song on the radio, "She Don't Know She's Beautiful" and thought, why has no one ever made a Sam/Amanda vid for this song? I can't do vids, don't have the right stuff to do them, just thought I'd throw it out there and see what people think.
    /Ooooooooober makes mental note of this song

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

What?! Amanda doesn't realize she's GORGEOUS?! Seriously, Ooober, you're right. New mirror for sure!

In my (admittedly far-fetched fantasy) world, there are no such thing as gender/gender labels. There's just one label: people. And whomever we fall in love with goes completely unlabeled, too. We love who we love, why should there ever be africkin' "brand-name" for it?

mgeek

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Well as long as I am allowed to platonically thunk the stunningly beautiful and wonderful Amanda Tapping, you all can go about your business anyway you please.

Which reminds me of how irritated I get when other people make disparaging comments about her looks that are in no way based in reality. OR when Amanda HERSELF sees her reflection and doesn't see how amazingly gorgeous she is.

I mean...what's wrong with you, woman?!??? Even I...a PLA-thunker...can fully acknowledge your innate hawtness. Get a new mirror or...something. Geez.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Don't you wish!

My bad, I just couldn't resist! Love 'ya all and that's another thing about Samanda - most people here are pretty good sports!
        Now, that's exactly what I'm saying! There's been a flurry of PMs trying to get us to remove such posts from other threads.

Hehehhehe. And yes. I do. *sigh*
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginalynn71
          I've been lurking in this thread for a while, and came across this post. Its funny because the other day I heard this song on the radio, "She Don't Know She's Beautiful" and thought, why has no one ever made a Sam/Amanda vid for this song? I can't do vids, don't have the right stuff to do them, just thought I'd throw it out there and see what people think.
          I think that's one of AT's endearing charms: she is so down-to-earth and doesn't flaunt her beauty.

Welcome, Ginalynn - please post some more. This is a great idea - maybe our royal videographer will take it and run with it! Oops, I just read backwards ... and she has!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            I think that's one of AT's endearing charms: she is so down-to-earth and doesn't flaunt her beauty.

Welcome, Ginalynn - please post some more. This is a great idea - maybe our royal videographer will take it and run with it! Oops, I just read backwards ... and she has!
            That's the thing CG...I don't think Amanda GETS that she's gorgeous. I don't think she sees her as being anything special. I think she sees herself as a fairly decent actress with fairly decent looks but doesn't understand that in reality she raises the bar in both talent and appearance.

And when I think of her not seeing how stunningly gorgeous she is...I just wanna smack her around a bit.

But in a NICE way.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hmm? I was wondering if on tonights shows if they are going to have the actors do little snippets, like they did for the 'ship' night last week. If they do I was wondering if any one was going to post them on the thread like last weeks. /hint, hint
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                What?! Amanda doesn't realize she's GORGEOUS?! Seriously, Ooober, you're right. New mirror for sure!

In my (admittedly far-fetched fantasy) world, there are no such thing as gender/gender labels. There's just one label: people. And whomever we fall in love with goes completely unlabeled, too. We love who we love, why should there ever be africkin' "brand-name" for it?

mgeek
                Can I move to your world?

And anytime I read about Amanda making a disparaging comment about her own looks, I just want to smack her.

I have one of her pics set as the background on my work computer, and at every, single meeting I have been to in the past couple of years with my computer, the guy(s) next to me invariably ask, "Who's that?" (Oh, and in one case, another lesbian.) Firefighters, at least, find Amanda to be very hot. And I, introvert that I am, am always glad to have a conversation starter.
                Last edited by Strix varia; 10 April 2006, 07:54 PM.

My LJ

Comment

LOL! You remind me of one of my girlfriends, we used to always tease her because she'd see a little kid, or a puppy or something, start squeeeing and say: "Ooooh! He's so cute! I could just shake him and throw him against the wall!"

Of course she didn't *mean* that, literally, but we'd always tease the hell out of her for saying it!

That's the thing CG...I don't think Amanda GETS that she's gorgeous. I don't think she sees her as being anything special. I think she sees herself as a fairly decent actress with fairly decent looks but doesn't understand that in reality she raises the bar in both talent and appearance.

And when I think of her not seeing how stunningly gorgeous she is...I just wanna smack her around a bit.

But in a NICE way.

Comment

But in a NICE way.

Smack her around in a nice way? Careful, or AD might just pass out!
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! That is part of the reason I love her...so is humble, and I think that's one of the best qualities a person can have. She is friendly and approachable which is far far different from most actors/actresses. I also admire her honesty because (please correct me if I am wrong) she said she either had or has self esteem problems, and coming from her, well it makes someone who has those same issues, like me, look up to and admire her and see what we are actually capable of doing. Okay, I'm done being mushy.

Thanks Suekay for the sig!
                      http://www.fanfiction.net/~gatergina71

Comment

Well, Amanda DESERVES to be smacked around a bit when she makes those kinds of comments. Seriously.

And who better to do the deed but those who love her for who she is and recognize how gorgeous she is? People who want to lovingly beat any poor self image right outta her system???

Comment

I was surfing the cable channels the other day and came to halt when I heard the song. The song was for Mary Richards (who worked at WJM-TV in Minneapolis) and it made me think of someone else we all know.

Who can turn the world on with her smile?
                          Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
                          Well it's you, girl, and you should know it
                          With each glance and every little movement you show it

Just seeing that grin makes me grin right along with her.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                            Can I move to your world?
                            You totally can, darlin'! More the merrier, I say. I've got enough room for the whole wide world in here, me thinks.

Hugs****
                            mg

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                              I was surfing the cable channels the other day and came to halt when I heard the song. The song was for Mary Richards (who worked at WJM-TV in Minneapolis) and it made me think of someone else we all know.

Who can turn the world on with her smile?
                              Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
                              Well it's you, girl, and you should know it
                              With each glance and every little movement you show it

Just seeing that grin makes me grin right along with her.

It's contageous I tell you.

The way she beams...her charm...her looks...her class...her talents...her graciousness...her sense of humor (I could go on and on here). She's the kind of person that makes you happy just knowing there's someone like her out there.

Comment

Here's another pic that I think makes Amanda's personality shine through

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X