blondie
    princess

(the last two are mine)

any more?
    I like MacBarbie or Blue Eyes
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
      WHAT AUCTION? AMANDA AND RDA? PLEASE, more info please. I've been back in the hospital the past few days.....I'm losing my last aunt. I now have no one. Please, any info on this subject would be greatly appreciated.....I'd even consider giving my walk on away.......I may not get to make it anyway.

Here you go:

https://www.charityfolks.com/cfaucti...per%20Alliance

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        Yeah, my friends already think I'm made paying money to go to a con. But for me it's not just about the "star", it's about meeting the other fans too and the whole experience. Of course, Amanda plays a big part in the attraction. But I suppose if people have the money, it's their choice what they do with it *shrug*. Personally I'd use it to travel to see my friends who are flung around the globe a bit these days, give a chunk to charity, but I don't think I'd bid on lunch like that. Each to their own, though.
        Yup. That's one of the reasons I've never been to a con before. I couldn't rationalize in my head the notion of "paying" to meet an actor. Of course, after having virtually corresponded with people here online and making friends, I can completely see the desire to meet those friends "in person" at a like-minded event. That's just FUN. And the charity portions of GABIT are for great causes, which makes them appealing. I won't lie, I'm looking very forward to seeing Amanda Tapping in person at GABIT2. I am. Maybe it's just because (to me), $10,000 is a lot of money, and I couldn't see spending it on the chance to "have lunch" with someone. Whereas, a couple hundred dollars to meet real friends and (tangentially) attend an event, essentially 'hosted' by someone I admire, I look at differently. I don't know. But you're right, Tracy. Totally. Each his/her own! If I had millions of dollars, paying $10K to have lunch would probably seem like $10, and given it was for charity, I might not even blink at it from a personal integrity POV, either.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          I also voted for Matter of Time. Great Sam moments. As much as I love In the Line of Duty, it isn't really Sam most of the time.

How incredibly dorky am I to be squeeing that someone else voted for AMT? And for really hoping it wins?

Wait. Don't answer that!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
            If people are planning on making a helmet to give to AT with the callsign on it, I probably would suggest Dorothy instead of Barbie, just because... it's slightly less derogatory. I can see though that Barbie is the more likely that male pilots would have called Sam. I like Dorothy though because of all the references to the Wizard of Oz throughout the show (such as 'Hail Dorothy' ).
            I thought Sally's idea, Bombshell was quite good also. It could be taken as both a bit of a put down but also as a compliment as well. Bombshell because the guys would have obviously been able to see how knockdown gorgeously beautiful she is, but at the same time for her skills as a fighter pilot.

For sciency/brainy callsigns she could have been called Quark or Shrodinger? But no, I think it would have been more something related to her as a pilot than as a scientist.

Everyone's got really great suggestions though. Picking one's going to be tricky.
            Okay - after seeing a few of the comments I have to change my vote (sorry Foerver ) - it was Tinkerbelle (I thought that was cute but I agree that the callsign should reflect well on the character). My vote, if I could change it, and in keeping with science and brainiacs theme, is either Einstein or for a new suggestion, Mr. Peabody from the Bullwinkle Moose show with Sherman, the red-headed boy with the coke-bottle glasss and his brainiac dog, Mr. Peabody, who was always solving the problems with science, etc.

Comment

Thanks, I have the info about the auction. Wish I'd known about it before the Vancouver Con...oh, it's only money. And it's for charity.
              On fighting:
              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                Yeah, my friends already think I'm made paying money to go to a con. But for me it's not just about the "star", it's about meeting the other fans too and the whole experience. Of course, Amanda plays a big part in the attraction. But I suppose if people have the money, it's their choice what they do with it *shrug*. Personally I'd use it to travel to see my friends who are flung around the globe a bit these days, give a chunk to charity, but I don't think I'd bid on lunch like that. Each to their own, though.
                Well my feeling about it is if you give 10% of your income to charity anyway, instead of dishing it out to every Tom, Dick and Harry who calls begging for money, you might as well do something big that you might actually enjoy. The causes that RDA and AT are involved with are really good causes, so if you can get a perk of having lunch with them and have the money to do so, why not? Now would I bid $20,000 for a 60min lunch and then spend the next five years eating Top Ramen noodles simply to meet these two actors? Nope. Honestly there isn't an actor on the planet that would be worth making myself or my family go without. That's just insane. But, I know I'm also not a big collector. I don't spend tons of money buying Stargate merchandise, posters, 8X10 glossies, T-shirts, ect. Some people like spending their money on these things, I'm just not one of them; however, I do enjoy meeting people and talking and I think the chance to actually be able to spend some quality time chatting with RDA or Amanda would be cool indeed.
                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 10 April 2006, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  Well my feeling about it is if you give 10% of your income to charity anyway, instead of dishing it out to every Tom, Dick and Harry who calls begging for money, you might as well do something big that you might actually enjoy.
                  Yep. Absolutely. If you're going to give it to charity anyway, you might as well find a cause that you believe in, and hey, the fringe benefit part is totally cool, too! Very truly.

Comment

Does anyone know which episode of SG1 replayed on Friday, March 24? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                      Yep. Absolutely. If you're going to give it to charity anyway, you might as well find a cause that you believe in, and hey, the fringe benefit part is totally cool, too! Very truly.
                      Yeah, I agree there. But it depends whether your main purpose is giving to charity or whether it's to meet the actors. If it's to meet the actors, it seems a little... right thing wrong reasons to me, but that's not my thing. I like the little tithing reference there, Kat. I have to say, I'm bad, I don't tithe.
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                        Okay - after seeing a few of the comments I have to change my vote (sorry Foerver ) - it was Tinkerbelle (I thought that was cute but I agree that the callsign should reflect well on the character). My vote, if I could change it, and in keeping with science and brainiacs theme, is either Einstein or for a new suggestion, Mr. Peabody from the Bullwinkle Moose show with Sherman, the red-headed boy with the coke-bottle glasss and his brainiac dog, Mr. Peabody, who was always solving the problems with science, etc.
                        That's ok... Einstein, Wizard, Giggles and Tinkerbelle were all names I liked.
                        Personally I would like any name that was given based upon a trait or quality Sam had rather than simply being based upon her looks. Yes, Sam is an attractive women, but it's not as if she's the only attractive woman in the AF. These men must have come across other attractive female pilots and they can't have the callsign of Barbie. Which was my only issue with giving Sam a callsign like that.

Comment

Thanks, I have the info about the auction. Wish I'd known about it before the Vancouver Con...oh, it's only money. And it's for charity.

Good luck on the bid, Lida. I've done my part. I doubt I'll bid more. If I hadn't already had four trips planned this year, maybe but I'm not really sure I can justify to my husband having to go back to Vancouver in the next four months so I could have lunch with RDA/Amanda.

Comment

I only bid in charaity auctions. This one will probably cause me to be divorced.
                            D'oh! Don't do it, Lida! It ain't worth it! (or is it? ) I'm pretty certain neither RDA nor Amanda would want to hear you got divorced in order to have lunch with them.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                              Does anyone know which episode of SG1 replayed on Friday, March 24? Thanks.
                              SCIFI aired POV and Off-The-Grid on Friday, March 24th.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                SCIFI aired POV and Off-The-Grid on Friday, March 24th.

Thanks Forever. Some might be interested to note that in repeats OtG receievd a 1.0 (does anyone know how the summer repeats on Sci-Fi for the season usually do? or where I can find out?) Thanks agian.

Comment

Working...
                                X