Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifi_girl
    Tough choice for season 2, I was watching the box set the other day and theres just so many I like, arghhhhh decisions decisions, and by the way im not very good at making decisions
    I went for Tok'ra part one, but I was torn between that, In the Line of Duty and Matter of Time. Very good season for Sam. Ugh! Watching Ripple Effect right now. Yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck. I'm only watching it cos I'm too lazy to change DVDs. I think I need to watch Ethon still, then I've watched all of season nine.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

just a reminder to pm or e-mail your votes to me.

if you post them in the thread, i will lookfor them, but in my pm box they're easy to spot

and i am bad about replying, i just tally tehm and move on, just so that you know
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

CALL FOR SIGNATURES

!!! REMINDER !!!

SAMANDAN THANK YOU CARD

Hiya Ladies and Gents,

The time has come for me to send out my monthly reminder. I'll do this every month until about October.

For those of you who don't (already) know, I've been working on a little GABIT - AT2 project. It has been approved by the awesome G4 GABIT crew (back in February), and is essentially a "Thank You" card to Amanda, for ten years of Sam Carter - from SAmandans everywhere - but truly, from all of Amanda Tapping's internet fans.

Here's the plan.

To professionally print a poster-sized comic-book (esque) sketch of Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter (which I've already drawn), decked out in full SG-1 gear - around which we'd would love to have a whole bunch of signatures, accompanied by a small note of affection and/or encouragement for Amanda from her fans.

Amanda always signs autographs for her fans, I thought it'd be super cool to give her something signed by all of us for a change.

ChopinGal/Jester has generously agreed to write a simple poetic thank you phrase for the poster as well. This is something we hope Amanda might want to keep, and something that would remind her of how much we've all loved watching her play Sam Carter for the past decade.

We've recently been given the green light by the generous G4 to present the poster to Amanda during the AT2 GABIT even itself.

So... how will all the fan signatures end up on the actual poster, you may ask??

Good question!

Originally posted by HOW DO I DO THIS?
        Preferably, signatures will appear exactly as they were written.

1. Choose your message.

2. Choose your pen color (mind you don't use a giant marker, I won't be able to give anyone more than about 350 pixels width so use a pen if you can).

3. Sign a WHITE PIECE OF PAPER as though you were signing a group birthday card.

4. Have your paper SCANNED into the computer as an image.
        a) Save it as a JPG/TIF/BMP
        b) Set the DPI at 300

If you don't know how, you can have it done at your local copy-centre (KINKOS etc), it won't cost more than a dollar or two at most. Or ask a friend! It's REALLY EASY so please don't feel intimidated. If you're worried or unsure, just PM me and I'll help however I can. There's no technical skill required. So no one needs to be left out.

Remember, you've got as much space as indicated in the example image below. 250 characters or less

When you're done you just email the attached file to:

FanSigsForAT (at ) gmail.com
        Use the subject header "SIGNATURE FOR AT"

That's it!

We've got some time to do this so don't panic. The poster will be presented to Amanda in November of 2006 at the GABIT AT2 event. So you can think about what you want to say (and how to say it in 250 characters or less!).

Obviously these are going to be read before I put them on the poster and I'll censor out rude, crude, personal or otherwise inappropriate comments - which won't even be an issue since I've never even heard of a rude, crude or otherwise inappropriate comment from an AT fan! In general, my recommendation would be to keep the message light and happy.

All goes well, we should have a really great original kind of "Thank You" card for Amanda. Something with a personal touch from as many of her online fans as wish to participate.

Thanks guys so much for all your help in advance... spread the word if you can. Wherever you know there are fans of Amanda.

Love and hugs to you all !!

Cheers,
        minigeek

________

Older Reference Materials:

1. The Project - A SAMANDAn Thank You Card:
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4927002#post4927002
        (which now has a green light, so ignore the parts about asking)

2. Need HELP to get your signature scanned??
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4928852#post4928852

3. The Deadline for Submissions - October 2006 (TBD).

________

-
        Last edited by minigeek; 10 April 2006, 07:51 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

That's a great idea, Minigeek! Yay! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
            That's a great idea, Minigeek! Yay! Can't wait to see how it turns out!
            Hope you send in a signature, SnogginPicard!

Comment

Finally decided which episode to vote for, I went for in the line of duty. I also went and voted for who should be in charge of sg-1, voted for sam, she seems way out in the lead

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Well I may not be the winning bidder for the auctioned lunch with Amanda and RDA, but I can at least say that I'm the opening bid. Funny, I went up online to check to see if the bidding had started and just as I logged on they opened up the Waterkeep Alliance lot so I was able to make the first bid. They also have a lunch with Ben Browder up for auction.

Shows you how crazy Stargate fans are, the fair market bid on the lunch with RDA and Amanda is $2,200.00 and the winning bid will be triple that amount at the very least.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  Well I may not be the winning bidder for the auctioned lunch with Amanda and RDA, but I can at least say that I'm the opening bid. Funny, I went up online to check to see if the bidding had started and just as I logged on they opened up the Waterkeep Alliance lot so I was able to make the first bid. They also have a lunch with Ben Browder up for auction.

Shows you how crazy Stargate fans are, the fair market bid on the lunch with RDA and Amanda is $2,200.00 and I have a feeling it will triple that amount at the very least.

Kat
                  I know RDA tends to bring in bucks. What was it that lady at the Banff event gave - something like $10,000 to charity if RDA would kiss her on stage. Wild. I'm betting the lunch goes to 12K...

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    I know RDA tends to bring in bucks. What was it that lady at the Banff event gave - something like $10,000 to charity if RDA would kiss her on stage. Wild. I'm betting the lunch goes to 12K...
                    Yep and an auctioned lunch with Amanda went for over 7k last year if I remember correctly. So I can imagine the idea of having lunch with both of them will go sky high.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                      Hello to all Carterfans! I finally got a chance to do a little more than just read a few posts...

I have been extremely impressed with the photographics posted by the members of the SaGC thread. Over the past year, many of these wonderful images have disappeared in the multitude of wonderful pages and threads on the forum. I am proud to have participated in the SaGC thread and am very proud of how long and how strong the thread has persisted - I decided to try and see if I could collect some of the great photographics in one place. I do not claim credit for any of this wonderful photographic work, but instead, I tip my hat in gratitude to those who have posted these images for myself and others to enjoy.

A Collection of Cool Carter-photographics created and posted by Samandans
                      Welcome back Astro. These are great. I don't think I've seen some of them before. Thanks for collecting them.

Comment

WHAT AUCTION? AMANDA AND RDA? PLEASE, more info please. I've been back in the hospital the past few days.....I'm losing my last aunt. I now have no one. Please, any info on this subject would be greatly appreciated.....I'd even consider giving my walk on away.......I may not get to make it anyway.
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                          Yep and an auctioned lunch with Amanda went for over 7k last year if I remember correctly. So I can imagine the idea of having lunch with both of them will go sky high.
                          WOW! Y'know, I can't even imagine paying $7000 to have lunch with someone. No offence to anyone or anything, but wow. I mean, unless you'd already be giving the money to charity anyway and are just looking for a fun fringe benefit to a good cause. That I could see. Otherwise ... yeeowza. It's just another person, FCOL. Human, flesh and blood, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            I went for Tok'ra part one, but I was torn between that, In the Line of Duty and Matter of Time. Very good season for Sam. Ugh! Watching Ripple Effect right now. Yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck. I'm only watching it cos I'm too lazy to change DVDs. I think I need to watch Ethon still, then I've watched all of season nine.
                            It was an excellent season for Sam. I didn't have as much trouble with this one, as I did with Season 1 though-for me A Matter of Time was the clear winner. Because not only is it an excellent Sam story-but I just love that episode.

Enjoy Ethon-I really liked that episode. That, and Arthur's Mantle are my favorites from Season 9.

Comment

I also voted for Matter of Time. Great Sam moments. As much as I love In the Line of Duty, it isn't really Sam most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                                WOW! Y'know, I can't even imagine paying $7000 to have lunch with someone. No offence to anyone or anything, but wow. I mean, unless you'd already be giving the money to charity anyway and are just looking for a fun fringe benefit to a good cause. That I could see. Otherwise ... yeeowza. It's just another person, FCOL. Human, flesh and blood, eh?
                                Yeah, my friends already think I'm made paying money to go to a con. But for me it's not just about the "star", it's about meeting the other fans too and the whole experience. Of course, Amanda plays a big part in the attraction. But I suppose if people have the money, it's their choice what they do with it *shrug*. Personally I'd use it to travel to see my friends who are flung around the globe a bit these days, give a chunk to charity, but I don't think I'd bid on lunch like that. Each to their own, though.
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X