Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Myrth
    You forgot to mention the other choices AD.. so far we think we should poll on:

    Barbie
    Giggles
    Mary Poppins
    Bambi
    BlueEyes
    Wizard
    Einstein
    MacGyver
    MacBarbie (MacGyver meets Barbie)

    Each has a plausible fanon backstory... anyone interested in making it an official poll? There is talk of making a helmet with the callsign for Amanda for one of the cons.


    i love 'macgyver'! it's perfect for sam and her 'make something out of nothing' brain!




    sally
    sally

    sigpic

    Comment


      Originally posted by majorsal
      i love 'macgyver'! it's perfect for sam and her 'make something out of nothing' brain!




      sally
      Remember the rules of callsigns and how you obtain them though

      Comment


        Lets do a poll

        One where you can vote for more than one entry, too...

        Skyyyyyyyyyyyy!

        Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

        Comment


          Originally posted by majorsal
          i love 'macgyver'! it's perfect for sam and her 'make something out of nothing' brain!




          sally
          ugh, that's much to complimentary! i think they would have picked barbie
          sigpic
          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Agent_Dark
            Ok, we've been discussing what Carter's callsign would have been on MSN.


            http://www.f-16.net/varia_article1.html
            That link has some examples and how those pilots earned them.

            My vote would be for 'Barbie'. Yes it is kinda degrading, but that's the whole point. Flying fighter planes is still very much a boy's club, and when Sam would have been doing her flight training etc there would have been very few female fighter pilots around so she would have been given a hard time. However even the most humiliating callsigns turn into tokens of respect. Plus 'Barbie' is a pretty good description of Sam's physical appearance - and Amanda herself brought up the 'Stargate Barbie' thing
            Taking into account Sam's propensity to, er, customize (redesign / improve / etc.) mechanical and electronic systems - that is, to "tinker" - her blonde, blue-eyed, too-darned innocent to be out alone much less on the flight line appearance in season 1 (which would have been more pronounced when she was younger), her tendency to go on and on regardless of the fact that nobody understands a sound she's making, and that level three hand to hand rating, I think one must give serious consideration to the possibility that her call sign was:


            Tinkerbelle



            Perfect way to make fun of all of her in one little name...



            In the alternate universes where you're real, please forgive me, Colonel Carter...
            ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

            Comment


              Originally posted by Simhavaktra
              I think one must give serious consideration to the possibility that her call sign was:


              Tinkerbelle



              Perfect way to make fun of all of her in one little name...



              In the alternate universes where you're real, please forgive me, Colonel Carter...
              OMG, I love it!! LOL!

              -

              Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

              Comment


                Originally posted by Myrth
                You forgot to mention the other choices AD.. so far we think we should poll on:

                Barbie
                Giggles
                Mary Poppins
                Bambi
                BlueEyes
                Wizard
                Einstein
                MacGyver
                MacBarbie (MacGyver meets Barbie)

                Each has a plausible fanon backstory... anyone interested in making it an official poll? There is talk of making a helmet with the callsign for Amanda for one of the cons.

                I just realized how much it must look like we don't have a life. Seriously, there were like nine of us trying to come up with callsigns for a frelling hour, and that's all we came up with. Very sad.

                I'm still of the belief that we can vote on whatever we want (democracy and all), but that Amanda can pwn (mini ) whatever she wants when Kat officially asks her in July.

                And my vote was for Barbie, same reasons as stated above. It's offensive (at first), it's stereotypical, and it would totally fit with the "times" of when she was a cadet. And THEN, once she kicked butt a couple hundred times, it'd be something rather honorable.

                I still bet Sam would cringe if Cameron called her that today, though.

                EDIT: Don't let AD uphold the rules as stringently as he did earlier. He's gonna deny about half the stuff we suggest. ((((AD))))

                Comment


                  Nice one Sim... I vote for that one!



                  Keep in mind there's got to be a conversation somewhere where Jack wheedles her call sign out of her

                  Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                  Taking into account Sam's propensity to, er, customize (redesign / improve / etc.) mechanical and electronic systems - that is, to "tinker" - her blonde, blue-eyed, too-darned innocent to be out alone much less on the flight line appearance in season 1 (which would have been more pronounced when she was younger), her tendency to go on and on regardless of the fact that nobody understands a sound she's making, and that level three hand to hand rating, I think one must give serious consideration to the possibility that her call sign was:


                  Tinkerbelle



                  Perfect way to make fun of all of her in one little name...



                  In the alternate universes where you're real, please forgive me, Colonel Carter...
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    Remember the rules of callsigns and how you obtain them though
                    ... i didn't read them.

                    anything gets too complicated, and my eyes glaze over.

                    like words bigger than 'the' and 'a'




                    sally
                    sally

                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                      ugh, that's much to complimentary! i think they would have picked barbie
                      sighs

                      i guess i 'have' to go back and read the rules.





                      sally
                      sally

                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                        Taking into account Sam's propensity to, er, customize (redesign / improve / etc.) mechanical and electronic systems - that is, to "tinker" - her blonde, blue-eyed, too-darned innocent to be out alone much less on the flight line appearance in season 1 (which would have been more pronounced when she was younger), her tendency to go on and on regardless of the fact that nobody understands a sound she's making, and that level three hand to hand rating, I think one must give serious consideration to the possibility that her call sign was:


                        Tinkerbelle



                        Perfect way to make fun of all of her in one little name...



                        In the alternate universes where you're real, please forgive me, Colonel Carter...
                        Oh, that's perfect, Sim!

                        I was thinking of "Wheels" (cause her name is Carter, and you can always see the wheels in her head spinning...), but maybe that's really reaching.

                        Or "Legs"... for reasons that are obvious to me and AD.

                        But I'd have to vote for Tinkerbelle.

                        My LJ

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                          ugh, that's much to complimentary! i think they would have picked barbie
                          okay, i read the call-sign rules...

                          i'm changing the rules and still picking 'macgyver'!



                          sally
                          sally

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Strix varia
                            Or "Legs"... for reasons that are obvious to me and AD.
                            Hahaha, I thought of that too!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by majorsal
                              okay, i read the call-sign rules...

                              i'm changing the rules and still picking 'macgyver'!



                              sally
                              Yeeaaaah.... Good luck with that.

                              Comment


                                Geez. I just had a vision of Amanda popping on to Samanda for a little cheer and walking into our freakishly obsessive conversation about what her character's callsign might have been.

                                I can see it now...

                                *Amanda's eyes bug out as she reads the multitude of obsessive fan rantings about an insignificant aspect about her character, cautiously steps away from the monitor and alerts studio security...just in case*

                                Last edited by Uber; 07 April 2006, 10:00 PM.

                                ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X