• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    And Kat says she can't write fic.

*scoffs and rolls eyes*

I'm nomming you as a scribe, k?
    Aww shucks, ya'll are so sweet. A little looney, but sweet.

Naw, I think I'll leave the fic writing to those with talent, but it's fun to play around with screen caps occasionally.

Spazz, as for Shore Leave, I plan on wearing my Samanda button. I can make up a Gateworld Name Tag like they did on the Vancouver thread if people want, but I sort of gave up on the GW button because there were just too many different opinions about what should be on it.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
      {mod Snip}
      And, meanwhile, back in the universe in which Stargate began, we have Sam, who wanted to save other women from rape in The Broca Divide, who was beaten, abused, and nearly raped herself in Emancipation and still came back to best Turghan in a duel already slanted in his favor. We have Sam who finds another way, instead of repeating Jolinar’s capitulation to Binar The Disgusting on Netu. We have Sam who pulls her own weight; does her part, and pays her own way. We have Sam, team player who does what’s best for the mission, not what’s best for Sam or what Sam wants most – including giving up sole command of her own SG unit as ordered (still think that was Landry’s call) and cleaning up after the not-yet-housebroken puppy that was given the command instead. We have Sam who never so much as dangles the offer of her body in front of any of the many captors who’ve held SG-1 over the years, in hope of better treatment for herself or her team. We have Sam whose intelligence, skills, competence, tenacity, strength and integrity are her coin in trade, not her body, nor her skills in pleasing males. Sam finds a way to enact a decision she can live with – Vala, like spilled water, takes the path of least resistance directly to the lowest level.

And still, we have people who call Sam tramp, slut, and whore because she’s had male admirers across the galaxy, most of whom didn’t get so much as a kiss from her. If putting up with amorous aliens, while not putting out to amorous aliens, makes Sam a slut, I have to wonder why having put out for gain doesn’t make Vala subject to an even more pejorative definition. Maybe ‘fun’ is like Teflon, in TPTB-Continuum’s alternate dimension...?

Perhaps I am the rigid, literal, uptight and boring person whom I am sometimes described as being. So be it. I still don’t want to be told that a lewd, base, lying, self-involved and self centered, manipulative, criminal sex-pot constitutes ‘fun,’ or is funny by definition, or that I should enjoy her or emulate her, or believe that a USAF base, or the officers and professionals thereon, would believably go along with her escapades apparently just because they and/or she are being defined as ‘fun’ by TPTB-Continuum. Give me tensor calculus, computers, Mach 2, P90’s, .Net, 5 G’s, C4, books, technical lingo, blue jello, honor, responsibility, dedication, intensity, compassion and integrity, any – and, indeed, every – day, instead. They don't shatter my suspension of disbelief. The Vala I've seen in 7 eps so far, does.
      I realize this is an old post to you but I'm playing catch up and this could (should) be repeated on almost every GW thread. Couldn't agree with you more - well said!!
      sigpic
      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Aww shucks, ya'll are so sweet. A little looney, but sweet.

Naw, I think I'll leave the fic writing to those with talent, but it's fun to play around with screen caps occasionally.

Spazz, as for Shore Leave, I plan on wearing my Samanda button. I can make up a Gateworld Name Tag like they did on the Vancouver thread if people want, but I sort of gave up on the GW button because there were just too many different opinions about what should be on it.

Kat
        Looney is my middle name.

I'm thinking I may have to purchase one from you before July. We've gotta represent and all. My name badge is supposed to say "Cass (the spaz)", so there's a little bit of GW/SaGC on me.

Comment

Weclome back, deeeeeeeeeeep! So glad to see ya again. I'm absolutely, positively sure the country did you some good. The rolling of the eyes was just pretend, right?
          Yeah . The trip was fun. Thanks spazzy .

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

someone write this fic!

have it that sam's transfered to an arctic base. and have it that it's a type of punishment or to get her out of the sgc. it could be that simmons or kinsey did this.

is it done yet?

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

or....what if sam followed protocol in foothold or wasn't believed or was locked up to shut her up
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'd find it amusing if their kid was dumb as a post... two positives making a negative and all that

Oh, it'd be an absolute, holy terror. And I don't mean, "Aww, isn't he a misbehaved little brat?"

Spoiler:
                I mean the kid would be proposing to Adria - galactical domination and all that.
                sigpic

Comment

LMAO... nice take on it!

Originally posted by scarimor
                  Zat him [pulls petal]... zat him twice [pulls petal]...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    or....what if sam followed protocol in foothold or wasn't believed or was locked up to shut her up
                    yes, that too!

or, in 'chain reaction', bauer had her locked up for not following his orders.

but i still like the idea of sam being stuck in an arctic base. as her team mates (season 1-8 team mates) are trying to get her back, she's got some of her own adventures going on there.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

she could be assigned somewhere really boring.....like Kansas

sigpic

Comment

Ok, we've been discussing what Carter's callsign would have been on MSN.

Originally posted by f-16.net
                        The Three Rules of Nicknames:

1. If you don't already have one, you will be assigned one by your "buddies".
                        2. You probably won't like it.
                        3. If you piss and moan too much about 1. and 2., you'll get a new nickname you'll like even less!

So, how do you get a call sign?

Do something stupid or have it fit with your last name. Obvious examples, 'Crash' or LT 'Cheese' Kraft. Some times it's based on a physical appearance thing like 'Carrot'.
                        http://www.f-16.net/varia_article1.html
                        That link has some examples and how those pilots earned them.

My vote would be for 'Barbie'. Yes it is kinda degrading, but that's the whole point. Flying fighter planes is still very much a boy's club, and when Sam would have been doing her flight training etc there would have been very few female fighter pilots around so she would have been given a hard time. However even the most humiliating callsigns turn into tokens of respect. Plus 'Barbie' is a pretty good description of Sam's physical appearance - and Amanda herself brought up the 'Stargate Barbie' thing

Comment

i thought up this story once where aris boch came back into the scene.

sg1 were on a planet and sam just disappeared. it was found out that some locals 'sold' her to some jaffa (to take back to their lord). aris finds out and comes back to help sg1 find her.

sky, you're keeping tabs on this, right? you're going to be writing these fics, including the one where baal gets ahold of sam. he does his 'abyss' stuff on her.

that's now three fics for you to write. get typing.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

ack, bite your tongue

i'm on page 79 (single spaced) of a fic that i think i can wrap up relatively soon....problem is, i can think of a way to keep it going/write a sequel

so, thanks for the plot bunnies, but i won't have time to work with any of them for quite a while

sigpic

Comment

You forgot to mention the other choices AD.. so far we think we should poll on:

Barbie
                              Giggles
                              Mary Poppins
                              Bambi
                              BlueEyes
                              Wizard
                              Einstein
                              MacGyver
                              MacBarbie (MacGyver meets Barbie)

Each has a plausible fanon backstory... anyone interested in making it an official poll? There is talk of making a helmet with the callsign for Amanda for one of the cons.

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              Ok, we've been discussing what Carter's callsign would have been on MSN.

http://www.f-16.net/varia_article1.html
                              That link has some examples and how those pilots earned them.

My vote would be for 'Barbie'. Yes it is kinda degrading, but that's the whole point. Flying fighter planes is still very much a boy's club, and when Sam would have been doing her flight training etc there would have been very few female fighter pilots around so she would have been given a hard time. However even the most humiliating callsigns turn into tokens of respect. Plus 'Barbie' is a pretty good description of Sam's physical appearance - and Amanda herself brought up the 'Stargate Barbie' thing
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                                You forgot to mention the other choices AD.. so far we think we should poll on:

Barbie
                                Giggles
                                Mary Poppins
                                Bambi
                                BlueEyes
                                Wizard
                                Einstein
                                MacGyver
                                MacBarbie (MacGyver meets Barbie)

Each has a plausible fanon backstory... anyone interested in making it an official poll? There is talk of making a helmet with the callsign for Amanda for one of the cons.

Out of those, I'd wouldn't even consider Giggles (that would Amanda's callsign, not Sam's ), Bambi, BlueEyes or MacBarbie. The others are all ok, but I think Barbie works the best - though Dorothy and maybe Mary Poppins could be suitable alternatives.

Comment

Working...
                                X