Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    Actually.... not for nothin' but ... that'd be a really powerful episode! Think of the drama! The angst! The potential! With Amanda acting? Wow.

And then Cam could look down at Jack's cold, dead corpse and say: "Oh my god, you killed General O'Neill! You *****!"

geek (then, y'know, they could bring him back from the dead later anyway... )
    *stares at geek

Don't make me go SoliderSam on your a$$!!

I do NOT want to see that kind of angst. It was hard enough watching Sam kill Martouf! I DO NOT want to see her killing Jack. Or Teal'C, or Daniel (although,there are times I'd love to see her smack him for being a dork) or any of her friends. So there!

*will be rethinking her friendship with geek
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I'm still pages behind on this thread but if you have not seen this post over in general discussion take a look there is a picture of AT and information on RDA back in Vancouver for filming
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

After a long absence I am finally back to play with you all. I've gotta say I missed coming here and posting. But I was able to at least lurk from time to time, and you guys had some great discussions, it was fun to read.

I also have some AT news to share. The Canadian Cancer Society just hosted its 10th annual Diamond Ball and Amanda helped MC the event.
        There are even some pictures of her on the web on Catherine Barr's website. I am not sure about the rules on posting such pictures, so I am not going to do it, but you can go to Catherine Barr's website (here) and simply put Amanda's name in the Google search and it will give you a link to the pictures.
        Last edited by Dani76; 05 April 2006, 03:59 PM.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
          *stares at geek

Don't make me go SoliderSam on your a$$!!

I do NOT want to see that kind of angst. It was hard enough watching Sam kill Martouf! I DO NOT want to see her killing Jack. Or Teal'C, or Daniel (although,there are times I'd love to see her smack him for being a dork) or any of her friends. So there!

*will be rethinking her friendship with geek
          Sorry, hun. I adore angst.

Having said that, I also like it 'resolved' in the end. Which is to say, I may not have minded the fact that Janet was killed, but I hated the fact that she never came back.

Liberal angst, dosed with liberal happy-ending(ness). Too much woe and tragedy, and I might as well flip on CNN.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            Yep, Skydiver's cool for gettin' the scoop on "Dad." I liked that he was really honest about what it's like for actors like himself - ones who pretty much have to audition for everything they get. That's new insight that's really interesting to note. Do you think Teryl Rothery falls into that same category, as well? I guess that's why the stage is such a great (and consistent) outlet for them.

Also, I've been thinking about Sam killing Jack. First of all, the fandom would implode with a mixture of intense glee and sorrow. Shipper guts would be everywhere, while other fans would simply go into catatonic shock from their immense relief. And somewhere in the middle, fans are sobbing. It'd be horrendous and cruel and awful, and the fallout would be insane.

Yet...

That would, as mini so astutely pointed out, be great for AT to play. Because that, I think, would give Sam ample reason to turn to the dark side. If she had to kill Jack because she had no choice in the matter - it was him or Earth, or something - I think the Sam that has been developing over all of these years would morph into something much darker. That would most definitely be cool to see.

So I concede, and take back my kicking and thwapping. For now.
            SPAZ!!! I will definately have to rethink our friendship...oh yeah...

Don't make me go SoliderSam on your a$$!! as well.
            sigpic

Comment

ourse, ) would be equally traumatic, I think.

But then, of course, there's the issue of whether or not they'd address that. As TPTB have demonstrated, they like to deal more with the plot - and, even then, not even with simple plot logic - rather than character development and dynamics. Look at Daniel and Sam in S8, for instance. Daniel hadn't been there for Gemini, and he'd only heard stories of the chaos RepliCarter created. And then, without warning, he's thrust into this situation where he has to face off with a monster who has the face of one of his best friends.

I think it's suggested that Daniel doesn't remember what happened to him while he was half-ascended, but he did remember what happened to him before that in RepliCarter's ship, right? He would've remembered "Sam" mentally torturing him, warring with him, and then gutting him and leaving him for dead. And Sam would've been overwhelmed with guilt over the fact that it was essentially her actions in Gemini that led up to Daniel being "killed." And though there are reasons and explanations behind her actions in Gemini, she still would've felt beyond horrible.

But they never explored that - they didn't have time, I guess, for many reasons. Yet it would've been a great thing to see between Daniel and Sam, because MS and AT tend to have great chemistry when it comes to the smallest of scenes, especially if Reckoning is anything to go by.
              You're so right--that could have been quite a great thing to explore. They could have written it into something action-y. I don't know something like Daniel and Sam are stuck off world & Daniel's Replicarter issues surface. He *knows* Replicarter isn't Sam, but he can't help seeing her sometimes in Sam...he has to recapture his trust in her?

Comment

Welcome back, Dani!

And very cool. Were you also there? There's a great picture of Alan on the site as well.

Originally posted by Dani76
                After a long absence I am finally back to play with you all. I'v gotta say I missed coming here and posting. But I was able to at least lurk from time to time, and you guys had some great discussions, it was fun to read.

I also have some AT news to share. The Canadian Cancer Society just hosted its 10th annual Diamond Ball and no other than Amanda helped MC the event.
                There are even some pictures of her on the web on Catherine Barr's website. I am not sure about the rules on posting such pictures, so I am not going to do it, but you can go to Catherine Barr's website (here) and simply put Amanda's name in the Google search and it will give you a link to the pictures.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Sorry, hun. I adore angst.

Having said that, I also like it 'resolved' in the end. Which is to say, I may not have minded the fact that Janet was killed, but I hated the fact that she never came back.

Liberal angst, dosed with liberal happy-ending(ness). Too much woe and tragedy, and I might as well flip on CNN.
                  From now on I shall call thee, miniFREAK!

I don't mind a bit of angst...but seriously...I don't think it would be cool to see Sam killing Jack. I honestly don't think (even if it meant saving the universe) she'd be able to deal with it well at all. I don't want to see her turning to the dark side either, that's what ReplaCarter is for.

Angst is good...but I prefer the hurt/comfort kind than the "let's have her kill the love of her life" kind. bah!

But that's just me. As you said...there's too much angst in the real world (watch ANY news network or news) and I don't want that kind in my telly shows.
                  sigpic

Comment

As long as said Samandan doesn't actually call Amanda, "our queen" during the interview, that is.

LOL. You're right--though if she stops in here periodically she already knows that we do. but in a public interview--people would be saying "what kind of weirdo is that interviewer?" We know--the good kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                      After a long absence I am finally back to play with you all. I'v gotta say I missed coming here and posting. But I was able to at least lurk from time to time, and you guys had some great discussions, it was fun to read.

I also have some AT news to share. The Canadian Cancer Society just hosted its 10th annual Diamond Ball and no other than Amanda helped MC the event.
                      Thanks for the info and good to see you back! Nice pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        You're so right--that could have been quite a great thing to explore. They could have written it into something action-y. I don't know something like Daniel and Sam are stuck off world & Daniel's Replicarter issues surface. He *knows* Replicarter isn't Sam, but he can't help seeing her sometimes in Sam...he has to recapture his trust in her?
                        Unfortunately, this will only be explored in fanfic. But the possibilities are endless when a story goes that route. Maybe we'll have to have a GOOD!fic challenge on the BJC.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          so am i.

And no, it's not amanda. Given that Darren & co were going to/hoping to talk to her at Vancouver Con, asking again for july was gonna be a bit soon

a lot of the actors get so many requests that they kinda ration themselves

now if amanda happens to feel like sitting down, dude i am SOOOOO there
                          *sneaks up on Sky and sits on her lap just in time*
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Sunny and Mini-

You guys are confusing me! I read Mini's (and Spaz, I think) post about Sam killing Jack and think-wow, think of the dramatic possibilities. That would be awesome.

Then I read Sunny's and I think-yeah, she's right. 100%-I could never handle that!

Then I read Mini's again....and Sunny's and I'm left so torn!

But then, I cried this morning watching the new Yours, Mine, and Ours-so there ya go.

(This post of complete nonsense brought to you by a hefty dose of Benadryl. Darn Jack Russel Terriers.)

Comment

*shudder*

Don't remind me. No, no, no. Samandans will be easily spotted and represented. We just need those buttons people keep talking about... or something. Maybe a GPS chip in our necks or something? I dunno.
                              Don't worry Samandans will be the one's not dressed like Star Trek characters
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Thanks, Dani! Lovely pics, and it's great to see Amanda out and supporting such a great cause -- not that we're surprised.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Working...
                                X