No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i won't spoil it, but yes gemini is very sam heavy....and a real treat to the sam/teal'c junkies out there
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

As well as the Sam/Jack shippers (to different degrees depending on how picky you are. for Me, it was MASSIVLY shippy! Took some things RIGHT out of fan fics im' writing, almost word for word! )
      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
        As well as the Sam/Jack shippers (to different degrees depending on how picky you are. for Me, it was MASSIVLY shippy! Took some things RIGHT out of fan fics im' writing, almost word for word! )
        Nice coinkydink!

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
          Nice coinkydink!

Coinky...dink...

Well I haven't the foggiest what that means, but hanks anyways!
          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
            Coinky...dink...

Well I haven't the foggiest what that means, but hanks anyways!
            Nice coinkydink!

as in a funky way to pronounce coincidence

although i spell it
            quinky dink

sigpic

Comment

I like the Sam character a lot too, she's one of the few female TV characters and actresses I feel I can actually look up to.

But, just as a question - has anyone noticed how Carter always kind of clutches her gun? She kind of points it weird too - like she's always aiming or looking through the sight, about to shoot somebody, even when they're in friendly territory. She could hold it a little more natural like she wasn't aware she is holding a gun.

But I'm nitpicking.
              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

i know sam tends to use her gun as a prop. by that i mean, she's standing there, p90 hanging on her chest and she rests her hands on it

I do think, after 8 years on the show, she' gotta be relatively comfortable and familiar with handling a weapon. maybe it's just amanda's quirk?

or the fact that she's rarely ever aiming the gun at anyone.

I seem to recall hearing/reading, even when they're 'shooting' someone, there's never anyone there. IE real people NEVER stand in front of the guns, even when they're loaded iwth blanks

sigpic

Comment

That's good nobody ever stands in front of the blanks. They're still dangerous. I heard someone got killed once, or badly injured when a blank was not so blank.

My mom says it's kind of a girl thing not really being able to hold a gun well. She says there's a difference in how women hold guns and guitars. Something about being a man's instrument? *snickers* I can hold a gun pretty well, and a guitar. I play as a matter of fact. Trying to learn Flamenco. Takes time. *groan*

Guess with guns and stuff, some things have to come natural .
                  TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

people have died gettting shot with blanks.

John Erik Hexum was one of them IIRC. playing with a prop gun, 'shot' himself and died

see, even if there's no bullet, the force of the gunpowder still comes out the barrell. and that concussion is dangerous if you're within about 6-10 feet

i recall in one behind the scenes bit, amanda's 'carter special' jammed. she quipped 'i'm stargate barbie and we're gonna die!!!!'....then unjammed it and went right on shooting

so, to a certain extent, she knows her way around a weapon

sigpic

Comment

No responsible armour would allow it.

Many many moons ago, I was a top ranked competative shooter (in Tennessee, so it was no mean feet). My coach was a former US Army Marksmanship Team member. He used to say he preferred women shooters because they had less to be untaught from playing soldier as kids. Additionally there is a certain amount of control required to actual firing that actors rarely exhibit when they aren't familiar with the weapons.

Amanda is very good with hers.

Comment

I'm so glad this thread is still going strong. I watched Gemini tonight and went to the Gemini thread to see reactions. After reading some of those posts, I really needed to come here and read some positive Sam comments. I'm sure it's not a coincidence that this thread started a few days after Gemini was first aired.

No matter how you feel about this episode, you'll have to admire AT in it. Great acting! The episode could lead to some great plot lines and great character development for Sam.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who's kept this thread alive! The pictures and personal comments have been awesome. This thread is the first thing I look at now when I turn on the computer, and it hasn't disappointed me yet.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                          I'm so glad this thread is still going strong. I watched Gemini tonight and went to the Gemini thread to see reactions. After reading some of those posts, I really needed to come here and read some positive Sam comments. I'm sure it's not a coincidence that this thread started a few days after Gemini was first aired.
                          Many of us challenging the character as portrayed in episodes like Gemini are true fans of the character. Most of my objections to that episode have to do with my feeling that it was detremental to her character.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            I do think, after 8 years on the show, she' gotta be relatively comfortable and familiar with handling a weapon.
                            Originally posted by Major Fischer
                            Many many moons ago, I was a top ranked competative shooter (in Tennessee, so it was no mean feet). My coach was a former US Army Marksmanship Team member. He used to say he preferred women shooters because they had less to be untaught from playing soldier as kids. Additionally there is a certain amount of control required to actual firing that actors rarely exhibit when they aren't familiar with the weapons.

I always thought that AT handled, and held, her guns just like they were supposed to be held. My dad was a top marksman and AT's grip looks like it should to me.

Comment

one thing to bear in mind with Gemini
                              Spoiler:

replicarter HAS to escape. that was the sole purpose of this episode.
                              she was introduced in new order, but she's developed here and, presumably, will be dealt with later on this season

this need to set up a later eps is the sole reason for sam letting replicarter loose

she had to be out in our universe and they had to get rid of the weapon

gemini served that purpose.

it's all set-up

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                                No responsible armour would allow it.

You're a competitive shooter? Cool. I'm stuck between that and Martial Arts for a collage athletic program.

I always wondered about the weapons they use in movies and what not. I think it's kind of dumb they have to use real weapons with blanks. Can't they use exact replicas with kind of a Dual shock mechanism and sound effects? Are we that technologically savvy yet?
                                TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                                X