Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    Not all Samandans are Royal Scribes, we are just an elite section of Samandans
    How many royal titles are there in Samanda?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
      I believe we are currently around 18, but I may be worng.
      sigpic
      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Hmm? I'm reminded of a scene in Lethal Weapon 3, between Mel and Renee, now substitute Sam and Jack in that scene wouldn't it be great
        there's a few smut fic like that. sam and jack comparing scars and then kissing them better
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
          not to dis BB or CB, but is it possible that the Big3 aren't putting those little things in becasue they're not yet comfortable with the 2 New!Stars or the situation they present?

or maybe they just miss RDA. <happy sigh> ::does her-Jack's-coming-back!dance::
          or are they not being written?

the sam/teal'c heroes scene was written, then the actors and director brought it to life

i don't think there are as many interpersonal moments being written and they're being replaced by attention grabbing sfx

sigpic

Comment

i'm the census taker

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
              not to dis BB or CB, but is it possible that the Big3 aren't putting those little things in becasue they're not yet comfortable with the 2 New!Stars or the situation they present?

or maybe they just miss RDA. <happy sigh> ::does her-Jack's-coming-back!dance::
              Sam is definitely comfortable with Cam. She comforted him in Collateral Damage, they're comfortable with each other in Ripple Effect, Arthur's Mantle... as for Vala - too little of her yet in season 9 to interact with Sam, so you really can't say that Sam is not comfortable with Vala. But "chocolate" scene in Crusade is really cute!

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                This mitchell issue, leadership as well as his overall attitude, IMO, is as much an issue as that dopey move with Anise and we see where THAT went - unfortunatley they have their shiny new "male" leader and they refuse to see that as a problem - wonder why? (snark). The ratings should indeed tell them something. The fact levine mentioned the not so stellar ratings in several of his last blog entries means they are discussing it in the writers/PTB room - you would think it would have an impact beyond their desperate move of bringing RDA back for more than "200".
                As much as I love Jack and am looking forward to seeing him back, unless TPTB are also planning on correcting their previous mistakes and trying to improve on their dismal performance for Season Nine, his presence is only going to temporarily mask the crappiness that the show has become. It's like putting a bandaid on a stab wound.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  or are they not being written?

the sam/teal'c heroes scene was written, then the actors and director brought it to life

i don't think there are as many interpersonal moments being written and they're being replaced by attention grabbing sfx
                  As much as I hate to admit it, I believe you are correct Sky. I love the sfx, and I think Bruce, et al do a fantastic job, but a series like SG1 can't be driven by fx alone. It was the personal interactions between the cast, in the past, that got me so addicted. I miss the little jokes, the looks, etc. I know tptb keep stressing it's a "new show", but you don't toss out the baby with the bath water......I loved the old show. Can't we have a hybrid?
                  On fighting:
                  Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                  Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Ah now that the confusion has been cleared up, that we are ALL Samandans, this is how I picture it. As the Samandans lay around the pool soaking up the sun (remember no winter in the land of Samanda) The Royal Scribes are hidden away in the Samandan Library which is very dark (it is a castle after all) working on writing their fics by candle light using old fashioned typewriters suffering for their art, so the rest of the Samandans have something to read while they lounge around the pool. And don't forget the poor Royal Bartender, had to leave the library once in while to pass out the drinks. (which is why TJ has more of a tan than us poor sun deprived scribes ) Note to TJ, next time she goes to fill the drink glasses don't forget to pull Stargate Barbie and Simh away from the pool and back to the library...they have fics to write to pay off their bets.
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                      I so agree......I loved the scene in Heroes, when Teal'c comforts Sam. No words are needed between those two.
                      that was some of the best bits about heroes as opposed to fire and water adn daniel dying. Janet's death brought them together in a way

and in the hall, when bregman confronted Sam and she was all ticked....whoa daddy, don't wanna get in her way when she's ticked

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                        As much as I hate to admit it, I believe you are correct Sky. I love the sfx, and I think Bruce, et al do a fantastic job, but a series like SG1 can't be driven by fx alone. It was the personal interactions between the cast, in the past, that got me so addicted. I miss the little jokes, the looks, etc. I know tptb keep stressing it's a "new show", but you don't toss out the baby with the bath water......I loved the old show. Can't we have a hybrid?
                        yeah, the personal interactions are what keeps it interesting.

i mean, you can write a story and put in all the actions...but if you leave out those little things liek facial expressions, tone of voice, feelings, etc. Then all you have is bland words on paper

sigpic

Comment

As much as I love Jack and am looking forward to seeing him back, unless TPTB are also planning on correcting their previous mistakes and trying to improve on their dismal performance for Season Nine, his presence is only going to temporarily mask the crappiness that the show has become. It's like putting a bandaid on a stab wound.
                          i too have doubts about how well rda will be handled...even as i'm glad to see him back and see some glimpse of the Original and Best SG-1. (The second original team is sam, jack, teal'c and Jonas, but we know they'll never ben seen again)

what i'm hoping for is that we'll get stuff like threads/reckoning/moebius...which i personally think brad had a bit of a hand in. that 5 eps arc redeemed a lackluster season for me

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            don't think so. i doubt either of them have enough time in grade to justify a promotion to full colonel
                            Wasn't Jack a brigadier general for a year before he was promoted again?

I'd love to see Sam as a full colonel.

Comment

Ah now that the confusion has been cleared up, that we are ALL Samandans, this is how I picture it. As the Samandans lay around the pool soaking up the sun (remember no winter in the land of Samanda) The Royal Scribes are hidden away in the Samandan Library which is very dark (it is a castle after all) working on writing their fics by candle light using old fashioned typewriters suffering for their art, so the rest of the Samandans have something to read while they lounge around the pool. And don't forget the poor Royal Bartender, had to leave the library once in while to pass out the drinks. (which is why TJ has more of a tan than us poor sun deprived scribes ) Note to TJ, next time she goes to fill the drink glasses don't forget to pull Stargate Barbie and Simh away from the pool and back to the library...they have fics to write to pay off their bets.
                              As the Royal physician, may I ask all of you lounging around the pool to remember your SUNSCREEN!!!!! And if reading, please use good sunglasses. We need to protect ourselves, as our Queen would not like any of us to succumb to any illness due to our devotion. As an aside, I'm working feverishly in the Royal laboratory, trying to find the ultimate hangover cure. I'll keep you all apprised..... Oh, and sun deprived scribes, I'm working with the Royal Pharmacist, to come up with a new and improved "fake" suntan. We can't have any pale Samandans.
                              On fighting:
                              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
                                This "while back" was around "Beachhead" episode as far as I remember and I must admit at that time I, don't want say "hate", but really didn't like Sam. And loved "The second original team". That's right. But I didn't stopped watching season 9 episodes after Vala left, thank God temporarily and slowly, very slowly started to change my mind about Sam's character. "Ripple Effect" was kinda turning point for me, I really LOVED Sam in this one Not to mention "Crusade", this short, but really cute "chocolate" moment interaction between Sam and Vala-inDaniel'sbody is one of my fav scenes in this episode.

Mg, now when you revealed my alter-ego, I really hope Skydiver is not going to put me on ban on moderation again...
                                Whoops ... I didn't know it was a secret! D'oh... you had the same signature graphics and you mentioned you were from Poland so I assumed you'd just picked a different GW name here but that everyone knew it was you. Sorry about that!

And I'm glad you did change your mind about Sam. Personally, I think that if Amanda Tapping and Claudia Black can get some good solid screen time together (that doesn't end up on the cutting room floor), it'd be a real bonus to the show. What I'm hoping doesn't happen is that they end up focussing on the stereotypical 'sexual' elements of (either actress) just to bolster their "male demographic" ratings. Even as a Sam/Jack shipper, I'd still really prefer not to see SG-1 turn into a soap opera. And I'm none too sure about the whole:
                                Spoiler:
                                Alien Love Child

...angle they intend to go in. But I suppose we'll see how that plays out.

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Working...
                                X