Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1

I thought this was a fab pic that GW used of Amanda, she certainly looks like she's having fun

I liked that pic of Amanda also, even sideways on you can see the sparkle coming from her
    ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1

I thought this was a fab pic that GW used of Amanda, she certainly looks like she's having fun
      isn't that just the sweetest smile?

how can anyone be that squeezable?!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

That's it. We need to get SKY down there to write the Sam/Jack scene for episode 200...

Get movin' Sky!!

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Mini that is freaking cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... like seriously... now I can't wait for the end result.... you think fic writers get hassled for completion... you aint' seen nothin hehehe

Originally posted by minigeek
          So, I noticed the new action figures coming out. Realllly cool (gotta get me a couple!). Especially the Sam Carter ones. But, well, as real as they are, I'm a whore for more ... so er... I've been working on meee very own little doll in 3D.

I won't tell you who it is. You know, I was hoping maybe you guys could guess. And if you don't guess SAM FRICKIN' CARTER, then that's ok. She's not done yet anyway. LOL

Wanna see a preview?

Coming Soon...
          The action hero movie ....
          you've all...
          Been waiting for...
          Dum dum dum....

Starring...

Ok so it's not that great yet and not nearly done (she has no hair!!! YET). But it's getting there!! Wheeee!

themini(I'll make my own Sam Carter doll, dammit!)geekster

-
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            the very end of the very end of the *very* end?

if there's a season 11, i sooooooooo want sam there! even if rda returned full time to sg1, if sam was gone, i'd be too. she's my fave character, period.

as a shipper, i just want sam and jack together.

but if the writers wanted to write in sam struggling to have a family *and* be at the sgc, i'd be thrilled (understatment) to see that too. since sg1 isn't much of a team anymore, and they don't go through the gate that much anymore, i could see (and enjoy) a stay-at-base sam. (she could be second in command of the base )

but i still want to see death knell-foot hold-new order type eps!

soldier/scientist/doctor/leader/lover sam for season 10!!

sally
            I understand what you are saying Sal, but I really hope they never write Sam & Jack as having a family together on SG-1. I can live with the idea of S&J getting together if it's written well, but honestly I just can't see the two of them settling down with a big house, a white picket fence, minivan, 2.5 kids and a dog. Jack maybe, but Sam? So not seeing it. I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to see that, but if they ever did write Sam like this, I would almost definitely jump ship.
            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 02 April 2006, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
              Na ahh!! Read the royal scribe. You have to be a writer of fic unless it's changed from the last time I read it?
              Well crap, for the past year I've thought I was a Samandan. Guess I'm not one either since I've never written a fic.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                I understand what you are saying Sal, but I really hope they don't ever write Sam & Jack as having a family together on SG-1. I can live with the idea of S&J getting together if it's written well, but honestly I just can't see the two of them settling down with a big house, a white picket fence, minivan, 2.5 kids and a dog. Jack maybe, but Sam? So not seeing it. I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to see that, but if they ever did write Sam like this, I would almost definitely jump ship.

not to sound conceited, but not the way *i'd* write it!

i LOVE the soldier/scientist/hero sam, so i'd 'include' that while writing the ship. (like it's supposed to be)

besides wanting to see sam lock lips with jack (in a kiss that would put 'grace' to shame), i'd also like to see sam --

*in hand-to-hand combat. and kick the guys butt!

*flying. in a plane or space ship that is.

*leading a mission.

*having a nice friendship/bonding scene with vala.

*establishing more of a relationship with landry.

*(when going to atlantis) putting mckay in his place.

*mentoring mitchell.

*killing kittens. (just kidding )

anyone else?

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  from the tiny bits of farscape that i've watched (to get to know ben and claudia better), i like their characters on that show more than stargate. what's with that?

sally
                  Could be that those characters weren't messing over your characters...and they were well-written for the universe they were in.

Oddly enough, considering my...thoughts...on Vala my favorite Farscape character was Chianna. SHe made me laugh every time. Rigel too. Mind you, I've seen maybe a dozen eps and have no plans to see more.

Suse
                  Last edited by suse; 01 April 2006, 11:04 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    I understand what you are saying Sal, but I really hope they don't ever write Sam & Jack as having a family together on SG-1. I can live with the idea of S&J getting together if it's written well, but honestly I just can't see the two of them settling down with a big house, a white picket fence, minivan, 2.5 kids and a dog. Jack maybe, but Sam? So not seeing it. I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to see that, but if they ever did write Sam like this, I would almost definitely jump ship.
                    I can't see them doing that either, Kat. Jack is in his 50s, Sam is about 40 and their careers have always been so important to them that I doubt they would have children. However, I've read a couple of fics where it was actually done pretty well. But I definitely do believe they'd get married. I think their bond is so strong that they'd want to make it official.

Hi, everyone! The prodigal Samandan returns from the #$%$& that is her professional life!

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                      Could be that those characters weren't messing over your characters...and they were well-written for the universe they were in.

Oddly enough, considering my...thoughts...on Vala my favorite Farscape character was Chianna. SHe made me laugh every time. Rigel too. Mind you, I've seen maybe a dozen eps and have no plans to see more.

Suse
                      Gee, I think that's exactly it, Suse! Loved Farscape, and loved CB and BB in it! Loved Aeryn and John together too! But I've been uncomfortable ever since they joined Stargate. As much as I missed them, and felt that TIIC had made a good business decision by bringing them on, it just hasn't felt right to me. Instead, I've had the feeling that they got dropped on their heads in an alternate reality!

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                        She raised that question herself in season 8... sounded to me like she had no idea what she would do at that point.

I'm just gonna wait and see on this whole issue of Sam & Jack and resolves n stuff... I'll honestly be happy to see the two of them onscreen together again in whatever capacity.

Something worth noting though is that someone mentioned a couple fo pages back that the promo is all skewed towards Daniel & Vala etc... that's not going to be the case. I think you'll find the biggest thing said about season 10 and what will be remembered.... RDA came back for 5 eps.

The positive off shoot for that for Amanda is that she is closely tied to RDA in a variety of ways by the majority. They can't push RDA without Amanda being pushed along with him. So I tip my hat to Rick for the 5 in that respect. I choose to think he's helping out a friend there. Which doesn't mean I'm happy with or support the fact he's required to get her in the spotlight... I really really don't, and I don't think either RDA or Amanda would be happy about that either. But sadly it's the way it seems to be.
                        Myrth, I'd love to green you for this post, but since I'm all out of jello right now, this will have to do!!!

Comment

I'm game for Sam and Jack having a well-written proposal, wedding, marriage and family life with the 2.5 kids named Jacob, Grace and LaTeal'cetta Danielle in fanfic. But I honestly can't see any of that happening in the show. For one thing, the writers would just... oh man, the possibilities are frighteningly endless.

As long as they say without a doubt that Sam and Jack have been together since the last great ep, Moebius Part 2, I'll be OK. If they decide to throw a ring in there and a HI-larious comment made by Daniel and/or Teal'c, 50,000 points for them. But I won't hold my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            it can be argued that, in changing the show and tweaking it to fit the new characters, the writers have altered it TOO much and turned too many fans away

Yes, ratings are fairly decent, but nowhere near the blockbuster you would expect from all the pimpage
                            The ratings have been ok, but certainly nowhere near what you'd expect from pulling in the Farscape contingent. Why? Probably because the changed dynamic was too extreme for many of the long-time fans to accept.
                            Originally posted by chocdoc
                            I think that is very true. They may be able to recapture some of their audience, but the first handful of episodes have to be really good and make sense to BOTH longtime and new fans. I don't know if that is possible anymore.

The ratings are fairly decent, but definitely should signal a red flag. When your second half of the new and shiny season gets a 1.7 average, while your season 7 back half gets a 1.9, and all of season 8 gets an average of 2.1---not so good. The finale should get really high ratings (like in season 7 with a 2.1 and season 8 with a 2.4). This season 9 finale was not able to even reach (let alone beat) the ratings of the beginning of the season. That is unusual.
                            And that's the bottom line, I think. For all the hype and the two new "marquee" stars to replace their former ("old" in their book) marquee star, the new season didn't perform to their expectations. I think they thought they would do better with the changes (or maybe I was persuaded by the hype on this).
                            Originally posted by ReganX
                            Given the advantage bringing in two new actors with established fan bases gave TPTB this season, the decline in ratings between Seasons Eight and Nine illustrates how poorly they handled the transition.

A means of bringing in new viewers was handed to them on a silver platter, but instead they managed to alienate existing fans.

Do they actually think they did a good job on Season Nine?
                            Well.....I suspect they thought they were reworking the franchise in order to save it. But instead, they came close to killing the goose that laid the golden egg. Lucky for them RDA was amenable to coming back and sufficiently rested to be ready to work again. I predict S10 will see increased ratings.

And the rest of the SciFi Friday lineup suffered this year too. SGA saw its ratings erode. And while BSG was the strongest of the three overall this season, its ratings were not quite as large as in its inaugural season.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                              I'm game for Sam and Jack having a well-written proposal, wedding, marriage and family life with the 2.5 kids named Jacob, Grace and LaTeal'cetta Danielle in fanfic. But I honestly can't see any of that happening in the show. For one thing, the writers would just... oh man, the possibilities are frighteningly endless.

As long as they say without a doubt that Sam and Jack have been together since the last great ep, Moebius Part 2, I'll be OK. If they decide to throw a ring in there and a HI-larious comment made by Daniel and/or Teal'c, 50,000 points for them. But I won't hold my breath.
                              LaTeal'cetta Danielle!!!!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                And the rest of the SciFi Friday lineup suffered this year too. SGA saw its ratings erode. And while BSG was the strongest of the three overall this season, its ratings were not quite as large as in its inaugural season.
                                This is probably how they'll explain away the ratings decline in SG-1 - it happened across the board. And, to be fair, it really did. For some reason, they didn't work out. I still think it's a marketing issue, but that's just me. When you don't market your two lead-ins as much as your anchor, I still think you're not going to get as much as you expected.

And I think it's interesting that SG-1, in S8, got relatively high ratings for their encore broadcast later in the evening. It might mean SG-1 was doing something right for the viewers of BSG who routinely came in later in the evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X